Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Supposrt VS Investing

• 24 posts
    October 26, 2018 8:46 AM PDT

I know there is the opportunity to support Pantheon, but is there any plans of allowing investing options?   I'd love to see a stock option type thing or something?

• 696 posts
    October 26, 2018 8:57 AM PDT

Maybe, but then everyone who does get a say in the company. Don't know if they want to go down that route...yet. But maybe in the future if they work it out.

• 3852 posts
    October 26, 2018 10:04 AM PDT

The pledge pages give an option to contact them if you want to invest. Or at least they did the last time I read them carefully. They will take your millions as fast as they will take anyone else's. 

Assuming they aren't a public company and will not become a public company if you have one percent of the stock they will politely listen to your opinion but you wan't really have too much influence at all. Invest enough to own 51% or more of the stock you will be the boss of them. If they go public you will have more rights to get information and vote on things but the bottem line will be essentially the same.

This post was edited by dorotea at October 26, 2018 10:05 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    October 26, 2018 10:19 AM PDT

Jaced said:

I know there is the opportunity to support Pantheon, but is there any plans of allowing investing options?   I'd love to see a stock option type thing or something?

They accept investors, but they must be "accredited investors", whatever that means.

• 612 posts
    October 28, 2018 12:08 AM PDT
    • 220 posts
    November 7, 2018 5:34 AM PST
    Accredited investors have documented experience in investing in high risk start ups. Also they must demonstrate they maintain somewhere in the range of 3million in assets.

Basically, unless you are qualified to lose everything without throwing a big fit and sueing everyone when it all goes south, you can't own any piece of the company.

Seems reasonable for a small gaming start up. In the end, angel investors are banking on a small return or a huge game company absorbing the start up, and them turning a tidy profit. The whole idea of a start up is proof of concept so a large company with infinite resources takes notice and sees value in investment.

I'm not predicting VR is selling if they get a good offer at all. I think Brad wants to be a part of niche gaming and make many games without being under the thumb of catering to the masses. I think he probably picks investors that agree with the vision.

Everyone needs to make their own decisions. I think pantheon is going to be a great product. I'm not so sure [personal opinion] VR is a great investment yet. They have one unfinished product without any hints of future niche games in the pipeline. Are they there? Probably. But they aren't a mature enough company yet in a very volatile market for common investors.
    • 844 posts
    November 7, 2018 9:28 AM PST

Or:

In the United States, to be considered an accredited investor, one must have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of one's primary residence, or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accredited_investor