Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

2 digital copies for a pledge

• 107 posts
    October 17, 2018 9:22 AM PDT

Does anyone know how the rewards will work for the pledges? I think I have an Advisor pledge and I have several questions about the rewards.

1. What does it mean that I have 2 digital copies of the game? Does this mean I can give one to my brother and we can both have an account to play at the same time or something else?

2. Do both digital copies of the game get the listed ingame rewards such as an explorers backpack and a ring of the fallen?

3. Do both copies get the additional char slot and how many char slots do we get right now anyway?

4. Do both copies of the game get alpha and beta access or will I just be able to test as 1 player?

5. Do both copies get the 3 months of game subscription?

• 696 posts
    October 17, 2018 9:26 AM PDT

1. Yes

2. No, the other copy will not have any perks

3. no

4. no

5. no

the second copy is what you would get without being a pledge. I assume you have to buy the game at an initial price, and then pay monthly. So the extra copy is basically a free game that you don't have to pay for initially I guess. But it is rather confusing that you can do the trial for the first 10 levels. I would venture to guess that you will have to pay for the game and that the second copy just covers that. Nothing else from what I have read in the past.

This post was edited by Watemper at October 17, 2018 9:28 AM PDT
    • 3237 posts
    October 17, 2018 9:27 AM PDT

You can give the second copy to a family member or friend, or use it as an alternate account for yourself.  As far as the pledge rewards go ... they are exclusive to your account only.

• 3852 posts
    October 17, 2018 11:12 AM PDT

The one thing I would add is that VR has not yet decided their financial model for the game. At least not that they have said.

While it is certain that they do not intend to have a free-to-play model with a store in-game, they could rely solely on subscriptions, solely on initial sales of the game, some combination or something else.

A number of pledge rewards make sense only if they follow the model of selling the game and charging subscriptions.

Thus, if there are no subscriptions the pledge reward of X months free subscription becomes useless. If they do not charge for the game the pledge reward of a free extra account becomes useless (since as correctly stated above the second account comes with no other benefits).

If they do adopt a model that makes a pledge reward useless they very well may give something to substitute for it. In the context of this thread, I would guess that if they do not have any charge per account (initial purchase of the game) they will substitute something like 1-3 extra months of free subscription for the second account.

This is all hypothetical, of course, and my guesses have been known to be imperfectly accurate.

• 3237 posts
    October 17, 2018 11:21 AM PDT

My understanding is that the payment model has been settled on for quite awhile now.  There might be some bells and whistles added at some point but I think it's safe to say that Pantheon will have a box (or digital) sales price and a monthly subscription.  They will also feature some sort of limited trial account where players can try out the game for free.  Here is a quote from Kilsin from awhile back:

"As much as I love the reasons behind this discussion, we have had it before and our answer has not changed, we will be opting for somewhere around the regular subscription fee price that you would typically expect with any AAA MMORPG for many reasons, but one of the most important is, what could we reasonably charge over another AAA game that has spent $500,000,000 on their title?

Fictional Example: If ESO spends half a billion dollars on their MMORPG and we spend 10 million (for arguments sake a made up number) how can we justify charging our community and anyone that plays our game more money than the industry standard, what can we offer over ESO that would allow us to charge more?

The answer is more complicated than you think but it is not something we are considering at this time, we have publicly stated that we will be sticking to a relatively normal and expected monthly subscription fee for Pantheon, there has been talk within the community of charging for a premium server(s) but this is something we are not completely sold on either as it splits the community up and again, there would need to be a reason to charge more for certain servers. :)

I just wanted to jump in and let you know this before the thread became as long as the last one! You are free to discuss this as much as you like but keeping in mind what our answer is on the subject. ;)"

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3880/subscription-amp-you/view/page/1

• 3852 posts
    October 17, 2018 11:38 AM PDT

Thank you oneADseven.

I recall some discussion earlier where it was said that they had not made a definitive decision. 

This seems fairly dispositive - I had either missed it or more likely forgotten it. The business model isn't too important to me as long as it isn't free-to-play with microtransactions.