Forums » Crafting and Gathering

"What We Know" The Blacksmith

• 259 posts
    October 16, 2018 12:08 PM PDT

With my posting last week of the Official Harvesting Update it caused quite a lively number of responses on the subject on the official forums. I decided that I would postpone my next article to allow this discussion to run its course. If you haven't seen it yet you can check it out here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9470/official-harvesting-update. And now on with the series of "What We Know" The Blacksmith.

“With the game in such early development these Harvesting, Crafting and Specializations are subject to change without notice.”

This is the best Video available now for the descriptions of Crafting and Harvesting. A big thanks go to our very own Bazgrim at BazgrimTV, and to Senior Game Designer Corey “Ceythos” LeFever for this interview.

https://youtu.be/y3qG-RdZBD8

So, what do we know about the Blacksmith? Not a whole lot I’m afraid, but we do have a basic idea from the information that we do have. The blacksmith will be a tradeskill that allows the player to create different types armor and different types of weapons for use by player characters.

The Blacksmith will have two specializations available to them later as their skills increase.

They can choose to become an Armorsmith: This specialization focuses on the study and creation of different types of armor. No official information about the types of armor that will be available to us at this time. I am hoping for at least chainmail and plate armor types to be craftable by the armorsmith. That would cover a good percentage of the front-line characters.

Or they can choose to become a Weaponsmith: This specialization focuses on the study and creation of different types of weapons. No official information about the types of weapons that will be available to us at this time. I am hoping for most if not all the different weapon types to be craftable by the weaponsmiths. This would cover most characters in the game.

As the game moves along in development we will learn more specifics about the different tradeskills that will be available to us. So, hang in there and as soon as we know more, you will know more. If you haven’t yet, go and watch the interview on Bazgrim TV, just follow the link above to watch a very descriptive discussion about Crafting. Any ideas you have on what you think the Blacksmith should be? Please post and share them with us.

This post was edited by Shyin at October 16, 2018 12:08 PM PDT