Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Now that the October Newsletter has dropped...

• 612 posts
    October 13, 2018 3:38 PM PDT

fazool said: love the summoner!

I am totaly with you man. I played Monk in EQ1 and was expecting to want to play Monk in Pantheon too, but as I read about all the classes in the reveals I am leaning towards Summoner as the one I'm most excited to try. Don't get me wrong... I want to play all of them, but if I had to choose one as my main right now today I might have to say Summoner. :-)

Really looking forward to the changes they are going to reveal. Hopefully I will still be as excited and it won't change my mind.

• 432 posts
    October 16, 2018 3:03 PM PDT

Definitely the lore . High quality piece - both believable and consistent . Probably the best one in what has been published sofar - I wonder if it is somebody new who wrote it . All the details fit and the scenario makes sense globally too what I wouldn't say for many parts of the older lore .

• 3016 posts
    October 17, 2018 9:27 AM PDT

Just wanted to mention node camping..not sure if VR is aware that people do that..specifically gold farmer types and others.   Have witnessed it personally...many times.  Does VR have a solution for this..

Also way back in the early days of gaming for me...I remember a game where a PC could turn into a werewolf,  (don't remember the mechanics..if you had to be bitten by a werewolf or what)   that meant you could only come out at night..that sunlight would burn you (same as a vampire)  is this going to be intended for Pantheon?  :) And you COULD be killed by a silver bullet by a hunter. (pvp)  Should have added this,  there was an antidote to becoming a werewolf, would have to sneak into a church and pray or was it holy water or a blessing, don't remember.   Did mean a lot of skulking about at night,  not to be kos. :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at October 17, 2018 10:43 AM PDT
    • 696 posts
    October 17, 2018 10:00 AM PDT

I mean they could just make the node spawn randomly in a general area that makes sense for them to spawn. So you won't have someone sitting in one spot with a click app that makes them do it instantly.

As for the second one..noooooo idea lol.

• 2752 posts
    October 17, 2018 10:14 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Also way back in the early days of gaming for me...I remember a game where a PC could turn into a werewolf,  (don't remember the mechanics..if you had to be bitten by a werewolf or what)   that meant you could only come out at night..that sunlight would burn you (same as a vampire)  is this going to be intended for Pantheon?  :) And you COULD be killed by a silver bullet by a hunter. (pvp)

Probably not, those kinds of things tend to be too easily exploited for maximum benefit.

• 3016 posts
    October 17, 2018 10:45 AM PDT

Iksar said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Also way back in the early days of gaming for me...I remember a game where a PC could turn into a werewolf,  (don't remember the mechanics..if you had to be bitten by a werewolf or what)   that meant you could only come out at night..that sunlight would burn you (same as a vampire)  is this going to be intended for Pantheon?  :) And you COULD be killed by a silver bullet by a hunter. (pvp)

Probably not, those kinds of things tend to be too easily exploited for maximum benefit.

Hmm not sure what the exploit would be,  did experience turning into a werewolf..there was a way out of it..find a church and pray/be blessed.  Again pretty sure I remember this as being a pvp thing.   Even town guards could kill you.  Had to stay alert. lol

• 2752 posts
    October 17, 2018 10:59 AM PDT

More along the lines of if there are any benefits imparted from being a werewolf/vampire then players figure out how to min/max it regardless of any potential downsides. 

• 1479 posts
    October 17, 2018 11:45 AM PDT

TESO is a good example of the were-thing exploit. Most if not every high tiered tank build states "You should definately be a Vampire because the benefits are so good".

Hard not to make it step over classes roles and functionnalities. We also do not know if it's transmissible by bite or such (I don't remember seeing that anywhere in the Rogues Gallery).

• 1434 posts
    October 19, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

My concern for harvesting is the same that it's always been, that it will provide a much easier way to progress and circumvent combat and dropped equipment. Looking at past mmos, vanguard in particular, its necessary that at least some of the components for quality crafted items be dropped. Parts of the recipe should be harvested, but not the entire recipe. Beyond that, rare harvested materials should be from nodes in dangerous areas that almost always require combat to access. Risk vs reward.

• 12 posts
    October 19, 2018 11:50 AM PDT
    The Lyco lore and the line “This fall's Pre-Alpha 4 can’t come soon enough!”