Forums » The Druid

Please help!

• 57 posts
    September 26, 2018 10:52 PM PDT

I've said this before and I'll say it this last time, finally in the right place... Those of us that love this class have to stand together and ensure that our beloved class isn't just good for ports and supplemental role. Our main focus is heals... people say they cannot make druids just as good of healers as clerics AND have ports, but that's just nonsense, clerics have their own abilities and play style. With tanks for example all tanks will likely be able to solo tank for a group correct?? I'm assuming if they know their class they can even all do so equally well with the right person behind the keyboard... SURE, one may do more dps than another but that doesn't matter again as their main focus is tanking. The only way to ensure that druids stay relevant is to ensure that we can heal just as well as the other healing classes. We don't need a jack of all trades, screw tracking etc... Just give us good heals and ports. 

This post was edited by TLogan at September 26, 2018 10:57 PM PDT
    • 1660 posts
    September 27, 2018 2:02 AM PDT

.. ?

Why are you coming to such a terrified question ?

• 57 posts
    September 27, 2018 2:14 AM PDT
    I don't even understand your reply or question I'm sorry... If you're just asking why I'm asking for help? It's because this game is still in development and with like minded future druids that want to do more than fill the occasional 6th slot and port people, enough voices could make a difference. I want to be less a jack of all trades and more a healer with a. Druid twist. It's not hard to give each healing class its own identity while still keeping their healing capabilities semi equal.
    • 1660 posts
    September 27, 2018 2:25 AM PDT

The druid is intended to be a main healer in this game, I don't see why you are showing up concerns like the druid had "An history" since previous game. It's a different game, a different druid, and this one is designed to be a main healer.

To me, it's enough for now not to worry at all.

Also you don't want to be the jack of all trades but you still want ports. I'm fine with it but agree that's it's a bit against your own statement :p .

• 57 posts
    September 27, 2018 2:41 AM PDT
    When I see a stream proving that druids are designed to be a main healer in this game (aka without a cleric or shaman in group), I won't worry anymore. If you think just because druids can port that we are a jack of all trades that's not true, each class will have their perks... Look through this druid thread and you will see people wondering about tracking, dps, dots, snares, root, etc etc... Snare / root makes sense of course for druids, but the main point that I'm trying to make here is I / we should be willing to sacrifice some of whatever it takes in order to heal better. Idc if a cleric can out dps me, has a better root, better HP buff, better ac buff, better nukes, better melee ability... As long as I can solo heal my group, and have ports, you think that makes me unrealistic in my expectations? I think not... If you don't think it's a real potential problem just go to a more popular post and state that you think that "druids should be able to heal as well as clerics" and see how people will laugh at you... Which will also mean that the server I'm playing my druid on will have that same reaction when I ask for invite saying that I can solo heal which means that a cleric will always get my spot if available, which means that in a game that requires groups I will be lfg more than most healers, which isn't fair (wipes tears
    • 1660 posts
    September 27, 2018 4:45 AM PDT

For now you're just over worrying for nothing. That's starting fires for no reasons at all.

Where or when did you see or read something suggesting the druid wouldn't be a main healer in Pantheon: rotf ?

• 57 posts
    September 27, 2018 5:10 AM PDT
    Luethar said:

I am not in the Pre-Alpha. I have been following Pantheon through the Twitch Streamer, CohhCarnage. I am a Watcher Pledgee and I am looking forward to this game!

I do have a few questions. 

1. Since this game has been compared to the old school EverQuest, I am wanting to know if there will be similar dynamic loot tables that were in EQ? I will use the Assassin Supplier Room in Lower Guk as an example. Three mobs in the room, two are place holders for "named" mobs. When those mobs spawn they only have a 10% chance to drop the rarest loot on their table, 25% cahnce to drop semi rare, and 65% chance to drop their common loot. Will this be similar in Pantheon?

2. I have seen the dedicated classes featured on the streams and I love teh idea that only a Cleric can heal. My question is will there be a dedicated transport class like the Druid and Wizard in EQ?

3. I have one sugestion for the game. Each game I have played, and I have played many, had the cleric have undead damage spells but never a damage shield against undead. I mean they are considered holy so doesnt it make sense that when a cleric gets hit by an undead that some damage be applied?

Anyway, I am looking forward to this game and cannot wait for full realization of what has been so far a great game to witness in development!

Thanks.

Lue. 

Aradune said :

"1. In general, absolutely.  

2. Most likely, yes.  We are nearing the point at which we need to nail down travel, teleports, and other functionality that will help people find groups and stay in groups.

3. Pretty sure we agree here as well.

thanks"

Reply : This is from a post in general titled question from an observer... No when aradune agrees with someones post saying that only clerics can heal and will there be dedicated transport classes? AND he pretty much agrees... Idk about you but that raises doubt in my mine about my druid being able to solo heal much content. 

• 57 posts
    September 27, 2018 5:11 AM PDT

So is this the correct time to raise awareness to the developers that this is not okay? Well of course yes this is the perfect time for that, so I'm asking for help! 

• 1660 posts
    September 27, 2018 5:14 AM PDT

Complete non sense. I'm done with this.

• 100 posts
    September 27, 2018 10:06 AM PDT

Do your due diligence before going off the deep end...

• 398 posts
    September 27, 2018 2:57 PM PDT

Yeah, I'm with Zyellinia on this one. You took one ambiguous quote and took it to mean something that it didn't. When Aradune responded "yes" to a two part question (1: clerics 2: teleporting) and then expanded only on the topic of the second, why would you assume he was referring to the first?

The good news in all this is that what you want is what VR wants too.

• 2484 posts
    September 27, 2018 3:49 PM PDT

TLogan said:

Luethar said:

2. I have seen the dedicated classes featured on the streams and I love teh idea that only a Cleric can heal. My question is will there be a dedicated transport class like the Druid and Wizard in EQ?

Aradune said :

2. Most likely, yes.  We are nearing the point at which we need to nail down travel, teleports, and other functionality that will help people find groups and stay in groups.

Reply : This is from a post in general titled question from an observer... No when aradune agrees with someones post saying that only clerics can heal and will there be dedicated transport classes? AND he pretty much agrees... Idk about you but that raises doubt in my mine about my druid being able to solo heal much content. 

Aradune is only responding to the actual question the poster was asking, specifically "My question is will there be a dedicated transport class like the Druid and Wizard in EQ?" 

VR has been very clear about making sure each class can perform their primary role with near parity to anyone else who shares that role for all content. Any tank can main tank for anything, any healer can main heal for anything, etc. 

• 41 posts
    September 27, 2018 6:12 PM PDT

VR has been very clear about making sure each class can perform their primary role with near parity to anyone else who shares that role for all content. Any tank can main tank for anything, any healer can main heal for anything, etc. 

This.  I am really hoping for this.  I loved my EQ druid, but I could seldom get a group unless they already had a cleric and just needed to fill a spot.  Luckily EQ druids could solo great, but I'd prefer to group.

• 57 posts
    September 27, 2018 8:48 PM PDT

Ozmani

I agree with you completely! I'm just trying to raise awareness and make sure that's the direction this is going. Not sure why people are getting so upset about it, sorry if I offended anyone. 

• 410 posts
    September 30, 2018 11:55 PM PDT
    Your post makes total sense, TLogan. It's absolutely normal, dudes, to compare this game with EQ (jeez), and T is concerned this druid will be more like EQs. This game is basically a spiritual successor, come on forumgoers. But it seems so far, T, that the druid will be more of a main healer than it was in EQ. We'll see! I definitely hope for more of that kind of role too!
    • 477 posts
    October 2, 2018 11:21 AM PDT
    I think from the reveal that the toolkit of the healing druid seems very powerful, flexibal and a change of pace with the pet interaction. Numbers are not tweaked yet, if you saw something in a steam, that will most likely not be how it ends up when the product is released. As the devs have said many times, every class can preform within their role of expertise. Dire Lorda can tank, druid and shaman can heal. And we are will properly be pleasantly surprised about how it all turns up. If not the maybe it's time for you to move on to another class that fit that specific need to do a specific tast better.

Also we have only seen the tip of the isberg when it comes to skills, many more skills is yet to come. Here you can chose and pick within your spellbook witch spells fits your need for a certain area, maybe you load another rgn, maybe you need a root maybe you need a damage reduction spell.. Druids are known to be flexibal witch can end up being a huge advantage in Pantheon. I don't think there any reason to be worried, druid is on the right track, in alpha we testers can come with our inputs and maybe the devs will tweet numbers accordingly.
    • 795 posts
    October 5, 2018 3:40 PM PDT

Don't worry about the druid just yet. Once Alpha comes around and Me and a bunch of other people who want to play druids get there chance to test it out, we will definetly voice our opinions to make sure they don't equate out of combat utility with in group combat utility.

• 256 posts
    October 5, 2018 7:20 PM PDT

Watemper said:

Don't worry about the druid just yet. Once Alpha comes around and Me and a bunch of other people who want to play druids get there chance to test it out, we will definetly voice our opinions to make sure they don't equate out of combat utility with in group combat utility.

This.  :)

• 41 posts
    October 5, 2018 9:24 PM PDT

I expect the druid to be dead last of the three healers just like the ranger will be low on the totem pole as always. Imo, nature based classes always get shafted. I hope I am wrong, but it already looks like both these classes are behind the eight ball. SKs too imo. Good luck in your fight.

I will say, as a positive for once, these three classes do look or sound fun or interesting, just less than useful/needed.

• 100 posts
    October 6, 2018 7:48 AM PDT

Watemper said:

As long as they balance out of combat utility as well this isn't a problem.  However...

• 26 posts
    January 3, 2019 8:47 PM PST
    In EQ, Druids were very good at healing, not better than Clerics, regen, not as good as Shamans, buffing, not as good as Shamans/Clerics, dots, not as good as every other class with dots, dd's not as good as Wizards, etc, lol. But, we had all of those abilities, and If played right, you were wanted in groups. I was a secondary support healer/buffer/dps in the main group in my guild. We were one of the top raiding guilds at the time..

One thing I'd like to see Is Druids being capable of main healing or main dps'n in raid groups depending If specs will be in game. I hope we aren't going to be primarily backup support to every other class that is better at one specific ability needed in groups.

• 705 posts
    January 4, 2019 8:30 AM PST

Although the devs may want the cleric to be the most "efficient" healer for something like the warrior, the druid may likely be the better option in a group of classes that have self healing that can be improved by the druid (like summoner, DL, Paladin and/or Monk) with an enchanter or bard to just annihilate everything with very little downtime.  Add in their ability to give movement speed increases and teleports, as a Paladin with resurrections I would choose the Druid over the SHM or CLR for my party if I had to choose.  As a PAL, the only time I would want a Cleric over the SHM or DRU would be vs undead... if I were a warrior I may want the SHM or Cleric though *shrug*.

Ultimately, we really won't know until we are in the game and even then, things change dramatically as you get better gear and more skill.  Although I understand your concern, I wouldn't sweat it too much because ultimately the devs are going to do what they want and they have expressed that some classes will be stronger in certain situations compared to others.  (If the druid could heal better than (or even just as good), and give great buffs, and have ranged DPS, and teleports, create bridges and levitate, have a pet, and have buffs that prevent death, why would anyone interested in healing play anything other than that?