Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Multiple people to craft higher items?

• 25 posts
    September 17, 2018 8:00 AM PDT
    My apologies if this has been talked about. I was curious on thoughts of the multiple profession for certain high end items. I personally like the idea. I believe it will cause more player on player interaction. I find in most mmo's crafting is mostly a solo game. I think with the platform Pantheon is stressing with group content it would be a shame not to have it spill over to crafting. I too played Vanguard like the crafting scheme in it. I'm not saying they should copy it but use it and add the Pantheon flare.
    • 2419 posts
    September 17, 2018 11:16 AM PDT

Are you thinking about multiple people simultaneously working together to make an item or are you more referring to limiting the number of crafting skills a given player can master so that one person cannot make everything?

If you are talking about the former, there was one discussion about this in the 'Group and Raid Crafting' thread in this forum. There is one problem I see with multi-player crafting:  How do you determine who owns the final item that a group crafts?

If you're talking the latter, well, I whole heartedly disagree with limiting what crafting skills a player can master.  If I want to master them all I should be able to do so.  But, if we find out we can't many people like me will just make alts so we master every skills. Why should I pay someone else's markup when I can do it myself?

• 25 posts
    September 17, 2018 12:34 PM PDT
    Was thinking more like Vanguard, where you had let's an armorer who will need let's say a tailor for the under garments. So the armorer would receive the item perhaps hire the tailor for the item.
    • 2886 posts
    September 17, 2018 6:48 PM PDT

Just like different classes will depend on each other, you can expect different professions to depend on each other as well. Probably not quite as much at lower levels, but as you get higher level and craft more complex items, there will some recipes that require items that you cannot make and need to find other means of acquiring them, such as finding another crafter that can make them. That is one reason why you are restricted to one profession per character - to increase player-to-player interaction.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at September 17, 2018 6:49 PM PDT