Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Good, Neutral and Evil

• 127 posts
    February 11, 2019 9:00 AM PST

Even in reality, most people commit acts they know to be wrong/evil by their own moral compass, but we excuse ourselves for it because we feel the personal benefit is worth it and the harm done is negligible. I'm certain there are also people who knowingly do wrong to a more serious degree and just don't care.

Not all decisions are relative and absolute morality does exist. Especially in fictional settings, where characters are often more extreme in their actions. Without being a nutjob.

This post was edited by Kaeldorn at February 11, 2019 9:02 AM PST
    • 1428 posts
    February 11, 2019 11:18 AM PST

EVILLLLL!!!! BUAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

• 696 posts
    February 11, 2019 11:40 AM PST

Even though I am going Dark Myr...I tend to like the good side, more chaotic good, but good nonetheless. I like being on this side for video games because it is more in line with my nature, but also because soo many people are scum bags in todays gaming enviroment that it's boring being evil or even neutral.

• 127 posts
    February 11, 2019 1:27 PM PST

stellarmind said:

Naturally, chaotic evil nutjobs have the right to exist too ;)

• 144 posts
    February 11, 2019 6:08 PM PST

As much as I want to do the evil thing sometimes or even turn a blind eye...

The good thing always happens.

• 1428 posts
    February 12, 2019 9:34 AM PST

Kaeldorn said:

stellarmind said:

those under the guise of 'good' have always commited the greatest atrocities

• 127 posts
    February 12, 2019 10:27 AM PST

stellarmind said:

Kaeldorn said:

those under the guise of 'good' have always commited the greatest atrocities

Usually that's because of lawful evil types being creative enough to convince others that their actions are justified.

Which is unfortunately an underrepresented alignment in MMO games, because all the bad guy NPCs are obviously so and exist specifically to be unmasked and killed.

This post was edited by Kaeldorn at February 12, 2019 10:35 AM PST
    • 1428 posts
    February 12, 2019 11:35 AM PST

my fellow myrians,

it was not by choice we came upon these waters.  we are but refugees from dead world with no place to call home. 

the land dwellers speak of coexistence.  they call us 'dark myr'.

they say we are the 'poison' yet they are the ones that pollute the oceans! 

do we contaminate the air they breathe?  no! 

do we raid their produce?  no! 

do we destroy their homes?  to you i say no!

remember syronai... who gave us life.

remember our home issul... even though she was dying... how clear and radiant her waters were...

remember nythir my fellow breathren.  remember the god of battle!  remember his sacrifice!

it was he who gave his life so that we could breathe here on terminus and these heathens have they audacity to spit upon his legacy!

how many more lives will be lost before we do something?  how much longer do we have before the ocean become toxic? will we also let mother goddess syronai's gift go to waste?

take up arms my fellow myr!  build a future for our children!  build a home where the waters are lush and beautiful!

our path is clear now!  we must destroy them before they destroy us!  we are not dark myr!  we are myr!

(larp from yours truly)

• 18 posts
    February 12, 2019 3:55 PM PST

I usually play a character as neutral good. 

I often try to create a character that's chaotic evil, but slowly make concessions to that nature when someone loses their puppy.

• 11 posts
    February 16, 2019 2:12 PM PST

chaotic good, chaotic evil. NEVER lawfull

• 1247 posts
    February 16, 2019 2:29 PM PST

haha such a great thread <3

• 190 posts
    February 16, 2019 8:56 PM PST

Lawful/Neutral Evil. And then probably one chaotic neutral and one chaotic good character for variety.

• 193 posts
    March 13, 2019 10:17 AM PDT

I really hope there is some content where it's not so cut and dry. Unless there is a single moral standard that everyone agrees with, good, neutral and evil are entirely subjective.

This post was edited by Percipiens at March 13, 2019 10:17 AM PDT
    • 646 posts
    March 13, 2019 11:02 AM PDT

When it comes to making decisions in an RPG story, I have a very difficult time being anything other than a good person. I just feel too guilty otherwise!

When I'm roleplaying with friends, I allow my characters to push beyond my own morality limits, though. I tend to roleplay a variety of characters.

This post was edited by Naunet at March 13, 2019 11:02 AM PDT
    • 42 posts
    March 13, 2019 11:30 AM PDT

I am without a doubt Choatic Neutral ..  When I'm good I'm good, when I'm bad I'm bad but when I am mischeavous I am down right evil.

BAHAHAHAHAHA...  Is it possible to change this and add an alignment called "Deadpool"

This post was edited by Nathos at March 13, 2019 11:35 AM PDT
    • 51 posts
    March 13, 2019 11:37 AM PDT

I play Dark Elf With Innoruuk as my God.

i hate everyone but I didn’t like killing my own kind. I don’t RP so I’m quite able to help guild mates.

/Jim

• 2756 posts
    March 13, 2019 5:19 PM PDT

I can't really get with role-playing evil.  I think it's a little bit worrying if you really enjoy it.  It gets a bit bleak.

Good can be a bit boring... I can go neutral and be ruthless, but evil?  Nah.

One thing I really hate is people 'roleplaying' evil in order to behave like douches.  Another thing with playing evil is it tends to overflow into how you are treating other *players* not just their characters.

Eg. When you steal from another player, is that 'playing evil' or just being a dick?

• 768 posts
    March 13, 2019 10:20 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Good, Neutral and Evil, all have their place in-game, so how do you typically play your character when faced with tough moral decisions? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

Usually I'll aim to fit in all places. I hope that with Pantheon, I can really go full on with evil race and choices. And they indeed have a life of their own instead of the plain Kill On Sight result one usually ends up with in a game when you're making "evil' decisions.

Go Skar !

• 1714 posts
    March 14, 2019 2:20 AM PDT

This is like asking who among you are trainers and kill stealers. 

• 9115 posts
    March 14, 2019 3:59 AM PDT

Keno Monster said:

Actually, that is not even close to what I asked, mate.

It clearly states "Good, Neutral and Evil, all have their place in-game, so how do you typically play your character when faced with tough moral decisions?".

• 1315 posts
    March 14, 2019 5:10 AM PDT

Some times its fun to embrace your inner House Slytherin, and other times you just stop suppressing it.

• 2756 posts
    March 14, 2019 5:17 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Keno Monster said:

It clearly states "Good, Neutral and Evil, all have their place in-game, so how do you typically play your character when faced with tough moral decisions?".

I think one or two people's responses seem to indicate they include things like training and kill-stealing to be role-playing an evil character...

Isn't intentionally getting someone else killed by leading a horde of monsters to them something an evil character might do?

For me, this is when role-playing is used as an excuse to behave badly to other *people* but some perhaps see it differently...

• 193 posts
    March 14, 2019 7:35 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Keno Monster said:

I play my characters a couple of ways. Rather than looking at what I see as good, neutral or evil, I think "What would my leader want me to do?" Though they aren't my own, I'm sure there are reasons different races, factions and classes are the way they are. Sometimes it's just the opposite and I go against the grain just to see how far I can push things. :)