Forums » The Cleric

Clestial Influence and its Impact on Gameplay???

• 21 posts
    September 11, 2018 6:52 AM PDT

The cleric was one of the first classes to be announced and revealed. Unlike with the newer class reveals which detail how certain class resources affect ability usage and rotation, how and what clestial influence affects still remains a mystery.

I was wondering if theres any new upadate on this class mechanic.

• 90 posts
    September 11, 2018 7:17 AM PDT

well not to mutch said but beside that the higher calestial influence the less mana is needed,and the light spell if you have a calestial bond will penetrate supernatuall darkness.

I guess some of the calestial influence will be needed for healing abilites like burst of light and perhaps Arcing Luminance ? so the formula could be fast heals cost some class resource, i could even think that combat rez might fall into that mechanic.but that is just a speculation.

• 357 posts
    September 11, 2018 8:27 PM PDT

In this stream from TheHiveLeader MMO Dream Team there is this point where he explains that he is figuring out the Cleric resource mechanic that helps him manage his mana. Since some spells build Celestial Power and others use Celestial Power, as he practiced he was able to use mana heals when he was high on mana, and then Celestial Power heals for a few casts to give time for his mana to regen again. This balance of the two types of spells let him get much better at keeping his mana up throughout fights so there wasn't as much downtime for the group.

It will also likely play into size of heals and speed of heals. Celestial Power may be used for those fast big heals, and mana used for the more slower less powerful heals. So you will also need to balance knowing when it's important to save some Celestial Power so you have it when you need a big punch of a heal in a hurry.

This post was edited by GoofyWarriorGuy at September 11, 2018 8:27 PM PDT
    • 70 posts
    October 23, 2018 3:22 AM PDT

From the videos we've seen so far we can have a maximum of 7 pips of celestial power, and Celestial light builds 1 pip, while burst of life costs 3 pips and arcing luminance costs 2 pips. Using Celestial light is currently the only way to generate Celestial Power (pips)

I believe this is however a place holder mechanic, as it does not match the description on the class reveal page:-

Clerics gain Celestial Power as a percentage of the effective healing they perform on themselves and their allies. Also, certain abilities increase a Cleric’s Celestial Power by a certain amount when used. Other abilities have a Celestial Power cost in order to be performed.

The current place holder mechanic does give us a good idea of how the healing system will work for the cleric though, we will have manage our mana with the free heal to allow the group to continue pulling, while also realising that our strongest heals are also going to use Celestial power, this means we will have to make the decision of holding onto out stronger heals for heavy damage spikes or to use our free heals to allow for better mana management.

I'm excited for the clerics resource mechanic.

This post was edited by Kellie at October 23, 2018 5:33 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    October 31, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
    I like the idea of balancing two resources since that requires strategy and is far more interesting than following an optimized standard rotation of powers that a single resource would cause.
    • 3 posts
    November 15, 2018 3:51 AM PST

I do quite like the mechanics I've seen so far. I hope they add the melee strikes to the celestial builder category, would be nice.