Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

THQ Nordic news today

• 3016 posts
    September 6, 2018 5:28 PM PDT

Kingdoms of Amalur (roleplaying game) and Project Copernicus have been bought by THQ Nordic..as of today. these were Curt Schilling's projects..38 Studios went under in 2012.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-06-heres-a-curveball-thq-nordic-has-bought-the-kingdoms-of-amalur-ip?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_medium=email

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at September 6, 2018 10:50 PM PDT
    • 1247 posts
    September 6, 2018 9:13 PM PDT

Interesting.

• 1247 posts
    September 6, 2018 9:13 PM PDT

edit: duplicate post

This post was edited by Syrif at September 6, 2018 9:15 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    September 7, 2018 7:21 AM PDT

A busy week. Also announced was that a Korean company is buying EVE Online and some fools whose name I forget are buying a piece of Daybreak. Not to mention the Chinese company getting rights to make a new Lord of the Rings MMO (my guess a hastily developed piece of junk mostly for consoles or mobile platforms to take advantage of the planned Amazon show).

• 3016 posts
    September 7, 2018 11:51 AM PDT

dorotea said:

A busy week. Also announced was that a Korean company is buying EVE Online and some fools whose name I forget are buying a piece of Daybreak. Not to mention the Chinese company getting rights to make a new Lord of the Rings MMO (my guess a hastily developed piece of junk mostly for consoles or mobile platforms to take advantage of the planned Amazon show).

Eve Online? Oh my...cash shops etc on the way then I imagine.   And will the Asian company hold true to the story and lore,  of Lord of the Rings, or are we going to see characters in mini skirts and knee high socks..lol  I beta tested LOTRO around the same time I was beta testing Vanguard..2007.

Cana

• 3016 posts
    September 10, 2018 8:04 AM PDT

More news...evidently THQ Nordic needs to negotiate with KOA's publisher -  Electronic Arts:   https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-10-a-thq-nordic-kingdoms-of-amalur-remaster-would-require-the-go-ahead-from-ea?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_m

• 303 posts
    September 16, 2018 10:52 PM PDT

Maybe the amalur MMO will be real :O