Forums » The Dire Lord

Appreciation for the teleport skill

• 410 posts
    August 25, 2018 5:59 PM PDT

I was just watching Saicred's paladin stream for the first time, and at 9:48, the DL teleports over in a huge dark cloud of blood and darkness - that looks awesome. Thanks VR! This is just a little 'thanks' post.

Here's a link to the video if you'd like to see the Ogre dire lord teleport in awesomely again: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300744571

• 491 posts
    August 25, 2018 10:44 PM PDT

I think several players get this type of shadow step type ability. Warriors were doing it too I think.

• 410 posts
    August 28, 2018 8:26 PM PDT
    Yeah, I realized soon after several of the classes have a similar shadow step skill - that could be a bit of a discussion.
    Without giving it too too much thought, I like these skills being more niche.
    • 49 posts
    August 28, 2018 8:55 PM PDT

I've never been a fan of this mechanic in melee classes, but I concede that it seems to be done well.

It's good to hear opposing opinions.  Perhaps it will grow on me.  

• 1718 posts
    August 30, 2018 9:44 AM PDT

I have noticed one issue with that ability.  When using it, the player seems to be teleported slightly behind the NPC so the player ends up with the NPC behind them.  You then either need to turn around or back up to continue attacking.  While we haven't seen any indication that positioning NPCs is important, or that NPCs can be moved (like you could push NPCs in EQ1), it very might well end up that positioning become important and this could end up causing issues.