Forums » Pantheon Classes

Ability Scaling

• 1479 posts
    August 25, 2018 6:31 AM PDT

Hi guys,

One of the things I noticed during all thoses streams was the various ability scaling per spell / skill. I love the idea of stats interdependancy with a hardcap to avoid eternal main stat stacking, but one other thing concerned me :

I thought basically that weapon damage was implied in all skills and spells withouth beeing written, but when I looked at the Backstab skill, it was clearly mensionned [Weapon damage].

Does that mean little to no ability do scale off weapon damage, and they mostly are factored for auto attacks and/or ressource gain in combat ?

I hope weapons are relevant enought, as they are usually the main focus of any melee/range character for obvious reasons, and a magical focus of some sort for caster classes.

I'm also wondering how is armor affecting special attacks, are they going for an Ax+B calculation where only the A factor could be reduced by armor, a single Ax formula where everything can be mitigated of some sort ? This will surely remain an open question until beta/launch but I like to wonder.