Forums » News and Announcements

What A Community Stream!

• 9115 posts
    August 24, 2018 3:57 AM PDT

A big thank you to our awesome community members who took part in our first ever Dev-free community stream, you guys were awesome. Unfortunately, Yarnila had some technical issues and couldn't stream or post a VoD but we will figure something out so he can jump in another time.

Check out their points of view, classes and races on the links below if you missed it the first time around, or just want to bask in the fun all over again.

(All streams 1 hour long)

@NickHotS - Gnome Enchanter: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300774363
    @BazgrimTV
    - Human Ranger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSXMnXgoyFM
    @TehMartini
    - Elf Wizard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km4NruH3m0E
    @SaicredTV
    - Dwarf Paladin: https://youtu.be/zfxnPXjUFbo
    @hydraic
    (Leksur) - Ogre Dire Lord: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/300742642

@Yarnila_VoT - Human Cleric: Voices of Terminus Fansite -  https://www.twitch.tv/pantheon_vot

Let us know below what your favourite part was?

Thank you to the best community in the industry! You folks are amazing <3

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 24, 2018 3:59 AM PDT
    • 2756 posts
    August 24, 2018 4:06 AM PDT

It was great to see those guys having fun like a regular group.  Also lovely to see some of them learning as they go and still enjoying it.  Just the kind of stuff we've all been wanting to do since EQ days of yore!

• 259 posts
    August 24, 2018 4:20 AM PDT

My favorite part was when they teamed up with the other group in the spirit of cooperation to defeat the Boss.

It was a very enjoyable night of streaming.

• 1785 posts
    August 24, 2018 8:21 AM PDT

Having now had a chance to watch some of them after the fact, it was great to see.  I really hope we can make this a regular event! :)

• 17 posts
    August 24, 2018 11:11 AM PDT

Thank you for the links. Totally missed this one! Hope to see more ^_^

• 134 posts
    August 24, 2018 4:00 PM PDT

No for real though they literally covered EVERY stereotype for a group. You had the guy with the technical issues DC'ing all the time, the guy ninja looting, the tank that couldn't hold aggro, the DPS breaking CC, the "another group! should I train them?!" and the list goes on. It was truly a 100% spot on representation of how a group experience should be. I loved every second of it. 

This post was edited by Bankie at August 24, 2018 4:00 PM PDT
    • 97 posts
    August 24, 2018 5:37 PM PDT

Bankie said:

No for real though they literally covered EVERY stereotype for a group. You had the guy with the technical issues DC'ing all the time, the guy ninja looting, the tank that couldn't hold aggro, the DPS breaking CC, the "another group! should I train them?!" and the list goes on. It was truly a 100% spot on representation of how a group experience should be. I loved every second of it. 

LOL you're right! That's hilarious!!

I also wanted to mention how beautiful the world is. I particularly loved how shiny objects glowed in the moonlight. And the stained glass windows in BRK. So beautiful. 

• 12 posts
    August 24, 2018 9:54 PM PDT

I hate watching videos on twitch. If you are like me, and would rather watch videos on YouTube, NickHots just posted his vod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8DC-PDxiw

I liked his perspective best. He is just a good player.

• 15 posts
    August 24, 2018 11:23 PM PDT

Liked that some of the agro mechanics (sitting) and messages (Scowls..) are reminiscent of EQ. Looking forward to mobs that target healers and some general chaos as a result. 

• 2886 posts
    August 26, 2018 9:04 AM PDT

I'm really glad everyone seemed to enjoy the stream. I suppose that means we'll have to do more of this sort of thing ;) Can't wait! Thanks to VR for this opportunity and thanks to everyone that tuned in. Best community ever!

• 132 posts
    August 26, 2018 11:18 AM PDT

Loved the stream great job everyone. 

A few questions from the stream?

At final boss everyone rolled differently one was upto 100 one was upto 2000 one was a very high number. How will  dice rolling impact loot distribution from bosses?

Does everyone just agree ok we will roll  upto 100 or 2000? Why have many numbers to roll upto?

I assume this will be looked at Pally and Ranger  bear aggro looked at?

Ranger looked like protectiles just went through the target and did not appear to have a real impact.Is this something that will be worked on?

Ranger from the classes we have seen in streams spell and combat animations needs the most work still to do its very plain from a archery position. 

As someone who does Archery myself a arrow hits the target with a great amount of force and kinetic energy this is not really shown upon impact on the mob.

Mage,, Enchanter, Dire Lord look fantastic and well designed alot of effort has gone into them and it shows their combat animations look to carry weight upon impact im am very impressed with how they have been designed great work Vr. 

This post was edited by Kiera at August 26, 2018 11:28 AM PDT
    • 134 posts
    August 26, 2018 11:49 PM PDT

Kiera said:

At final boss everyone rolled differently one was upto 100 one was upto 2000 one was a very high number. How will  dice rolling impact loot distribution from bosses?

Does everyone just agree ok we will roll  upto 100 or 2000? Why have many numbers to roll upto?

Ranger looked like protectiles just went through the target and did not appear to have a real impact.Is this something that will be worked on?

Ranger from the classes we have seen in streams spell and combat animations needs the most work still to do its very plain from a archery position. 

As someone who does Archery myself a arrow hits the target with a great amount of force and kinetic energy this is not really shown upon impact on the mob.

Mage,, Enchanter, Dire Lord look fantastic and well designed alot of effort has gone into them and it shows their combat animations look to carry weight upon impact im am very impressed with how they have been designed great work Vr. 

No offence but that probably isn't going to happen that way. I'm not saying they wont refine the animations for the ranger and make the class look nicer but they aren't going to cause any sort of noticeacle impact when the arrow hits its target. You are an archer so you know how much power an arrow has, if they were going to go that realistic then the boss would be dead with a few well placed arrows. Proper physics don't always make things better.

• 132 posts
    August 27, 2018 8:00 AM PDT

Bankie said:

Kiera said:

No offence but that probably isn't going to happen that way. I'm not saying they wont refine the animations for the ranger and make the class look nicer but they aren't going to cause any sort of noticeacle impact when the arrow hits its target. You are an archer so you know how much power an arrow has, if they were going to go that realistic then the boss would be dead with a few well placed arrows. Proper physics don't always make things better.

So you like that arrows have no impact at all? 

Im not expecting boss to die faster or arrow placement be important.

A small blast should at least occur on impact  at low level becoming more obvious as you increase in gear and level.  changing colors if say a poison or fire arrow is used. 

From a visual perspective do you really want to play a class where what your doing is not visible? 

All the other weapons we have seen and magic spells appear to have a impact and look pleasing to the human eye.

Im not really expecting perfection but arrows just flying into thin air is not satisfying to look at for hours. 

If you really go watch the Ranger stream imagine yourself looking at that for hundreds of hours from a visual perspective.

This post was edited by Kiera at August 27, 2018 8:18 AM PDT
    • 96 posts
    August 27, 2018 9:50 AM PDT

A small blast should at least occur on impact  at low level becoming more obvious as you increase in gear and level.  changing colors if say a poison or fire arrow is used. 

From a visual perspective do you really want to play a class where what your doing is not visible? 

All the other weapons we have seen and magic spells appear to have a impact and look pleasing to the human eye.

Im not really expecting perfection but arrows just flying into thin air is not satisfying to look at for hours. 

If you really go watch the Ranger stream imagine yourself looking at that for hundreds of hours from a visual perspective.

I believe they will add some sort of impact animation/sound to register that you did hit the target. It would not make much sense to have physical/magical attacks cause an impact but not arrows. imo

• 1479 posts
    August 27, 2018 11:40 AM PDT

Kiera, don't rant on animation that are in a primitive state yet please. It's not the main focus for now.

• 16 posts
    August 27, 2018 3:06 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Kiera, don't rant on animation that are in a primitive state yet please. It's not the main focus for now.

it didnt really seem like a rant to me more just questions concernes about what they saw. we all know animations are still being worked on and are continuing to be worked on. but with what he said and the fact that VR has never come out and said as much with ranger gameplay, its an honset set of feedback of his concerns. I am just putting my 2 cents in, BTW awesome stream we need more of these also loved the youtuber stream. i think these are great things. i wish they would happen with all the classes.  a more detalied look at the classes in game would be amazing. its one thing to read about them its a whole other to see them in game and talking about the skills and what not 

• 1479 posts
    August 27, 2018 3:25 PM PDT

fallenking3620 said:

MauvaisOeil said:

it didnt really seem like a rant to me more just questions concernes about what they saw. we all know animations are still being worked on and are continuing to be worked on. but with what he said and the fact that VR has never come out and said as much with ranger gameplay, its an honset set of feedback of his concerns. I am just putting my 2 cents in, BTW awesome stream we need more of these also loved the youtuber stream. i think these are great things. i wish they would happen with all the classes.  a more detalied look at the classes in game would be amazing. its one thing to read about them its a whole other to see them in game and talking about the skills and what not 

Well that's his third post on the same topic, I think it's safe to name it a rant for now. Animation have been said multiple times not to be yet fleshed out, so...

This post was edited by Mauvais_Oeil at August 27, 2018 3:25 PM PDT
    • 134 posts
    August 27, 2018 3:28 PM PDT

Kiera said:

Bankie said:

Kiera said:

I'm not saying they won't spruce up the hit animation for the arrows but its not going to be what you want or described. Literally everything they do takes up resources and a developers time and energy which all cost money. The impact isn't going to increase as you level up. There will probably be different colors for different affects like poisons and stuns for sure. But I don't think they are going to get too crazy with things like that.

• 9115 posts
    August 27, 2018 5:33 PM PDT

Kiera said:

Dice rolling is as low or high as you want it to be, /roll 100 or /random 100 were typical/default numbers in many games but even Vanguard: Saga of Heroes allowed you to set your own dice number as guilds with more than 100 members would often use /random 500 or /random 1000+, so it would be completely up to the people rolling for an item. Don't forget the Need/Greed system and some unique loot items and that this is all still in Pre-Alpha stage with much more work to be done it the entire game.

Combat, classes, races etc. are all still a work in progress so please don't worry about things like that as they will not be released when the game is officially released to the public.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 29, 2018 6:25 PM PDT
    • 523 posts
    August 29, 2018 3:03 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Dice rolling is as low or high as you want it to be, /roll 100 or /random 100 were typical/default numbers in many games but even Vanguard: Saga of Heroes allowed you to set your own dice number as guild with more than 100 members would often use /random 500 or /random 1000+, so it would be completely up to the people rolling for an item. Don't forget the Need/Greed system and some unique loot items and that this is all still in Pre-Alpha stage with much more pork to be done it the entire game.

Combat, classes, races etc. are all still a work in progress so please don't worry about things like that as they will not be released when the game is officially released to the public.

Kilsin, I couldn't agree more.  Game definitely needs more pork.

• 9115 posts
    August 29, 2018 6:26 PM PDT

Mathir said:

Kilsin said:

Dice rolling is as low or high as you want it to be, /roll 100 or /random 100 were typical/default numbers in many games but even Vanguard: Saga of Heroes allowed you to set your own dice number as guild with more than 100 members would often use /random 500 or /random 1000+, so it would be completely up to the people rolling for an item. Don't forget the Need/Greed system and some unique loot items and that this is all still in Pre-Alpha stage with much more pork to be done it the entire game.

Kilsin, I couldn't agree more.  Game definitely needs more pork.

Hahaha, I had no idea autocorrect got me like that but I agree! :D

Fixed it, hesitantly.

• 57 posts
    August 29, 2018 6:50 PM PDT

ROFL. A new battle cry: Long live pork.

Kilsin said:

hesitantly.

• 187 posts
    August 29, 2018 7:00 PM PDT

Patheon Rise of the Fallen where there's "More pork!!!"   -Kilsin    Get the shirts made ASAP lol   :D          

This post was edited by Kastor at August 29, 2018 7:01 PM PDT
    • 89 posts
    August 29, 2018 7:01 PM PDT

I don't think the Yarnilla link is correct, it put me in a Saicred stream/video...

• 2886 posts
    August 30, 2018 6:34 PM PDT

Zyellinia said:

I don't think the Yarnilla link is correct, it put me in a Saicred stream/video...

The link is correct. VoT may have just been hosting Saicred's channel since their stream wasn't working.