Forums » News and Announcements

Did you miss the Pantheon Special Edition with Brad and Chris?

• 9115 posts
    August 19, 2018 2:37 AM PDT

If so, be sure to check out what the guys had to say as they sat down and chatted with @MMORPGcom 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhUKChiOPI

• 1479 posts
    August 19, 2018 4:56 AM PDT

My soul for a retranscripted text version !

• 136 posts
    August 19, 2018 8:11 AM PDT

Yeah I definitely feel you on that one Mauvais. I am about to go literally go to the store, get some provisions, and dedicate 2 hours of my early afternoon watching this Q&A. I am extremely hyped for this game.

I just watched about the first hour and 30 miutes of the Q&A and holy cow am I way more excited now for this game, and honestly feel alot better about the way is progressing and some of the things they are looking to do. Some of the key points I can remember were the dynamic weather system having an affect, and they specifically said places can be more dangerous at night and if you do not have a torch or a light source. They spoke about how the classes have unique abilities that allow them to over obstaces, like the rogues rope. Warriors will have a battering ram, Rangers have a summon ability (giant eagles?) that can fly them across things. With both of these elements combined they said they are really putting the E back in PvE which was awesome I liked that.

They mentioned something to the affect of giving you content early on that allows you to experiance harder more dynamic and rewarding content (not their exact words but what they were saying, basically raid type content) so you don't have to wait to get to the fun stuff. They also mentioned that since conception of the game they have had a clear goal in mind of 3 raid zones, not just dungeons but zones. They said the current group size is 6 and there is a focus on group and social game play and aspects. They said at this point they are not sure what the raid number will end up being. maybe 18 or 24, or even 40 Chris said, they aren't sure yet. Just go watch the video it is really really good!

Also they talked about achievements briefly and while they aren't sure if they will have them in the game if they do have them you will know why you got the achievement. It wont be like some games today where you are standing around doing whatever and then BLIINNNGGG! Achievement and you have no clue why haha. They mentioned that pretty much all items will be tradeable and they really want a player driven economy. They also mentioned real vs. fun, with the main examples being things like will you need to carry ammo if you are a ranged class or will gold and currency weigh you down. It looks like as far as ammo and things like that they are leaning toward you just having all the arrows you need, unless you craft special magical type arrows, those you may have in quantity. 

This post was edited by Bankie at August 19, 2018 11:58 AM PDT
    • 85 posts
    August 19, 2018 4:40 PM PDT
    Just listened through it. Thanks for posting a link.

I have loved following along on this journey with Brad. But Goddamn I am impressed with "Joppa" Perkins. Community outreach hat on that stack of hats, making that Pantheon vision visible to the rest of us.

I follow many games through development (not just videogames), and yet there are few developers I know by name. Strangely two of those few are named Chris Perkins. I hope to be able to follow Joppa's work for many years to come, just as I have kept an eye on Brad.

I will say I have missed our fearless Kilsin these last several streams. You guys should make him work some US East hours for my amusement.

Much love to the entire team!
    • 9115 posts
    August 19, 2018 5:50 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Nick, has posted what I believe you're looking for, mate.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9177/pantheon-developer-q-amp-a-stream-summary-with-all-q-a-timestamp

• 1479 posts
    August 19, 2018 11:17 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

MauvaisOeil said:

Nick, has posted what I believe you're looking for, mate.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9177/pantheon-developer-q-amp-a-stream-summary-with-all-q-a-timestamp

Unfortunately, not really. While I appreciate Nick's work, he only wrote down the questions, the answers are links to the specific timestamps of the recorded video. I'd like a full text version of the answers, but I know it's a lot of work so I will do withouth for now !

• 2886 posts
    August 20, 2018 3:15 AM PDT

I think that's where I come in. I've been very busy last weekend and this week, so I haven't had a chance to do a paraphrase summary like I normally would for these kinds of events - they are very time consuming. I was thinking Nick's summary would suffice, but it seems like there is still a demand for a written recap, so I will get to that as soon as I can.

• 1479 posts
    August 20, 2018 3:59 AM PDT

Don't push yourself too much baz. I just have an harder time to follow an audio stream because I can't get distracted doing something else listening to it due to various sound levels, quality and accents.

While I can watch movies in english while playing, this is a bit harder.

• 2886 posts
    August 20, 2018 4:31 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Don't push yourself too much baz. I just have an harder time to follow an audio stream because I can't get distracted doing something else listening to it due to various sound levels, quality and accents.

While I can watch movies in english while playing, this is a bit harder.

I totally get it. There are a lot of other people in the community that are the same way. Even though they are time consuming, I actually enjoy doing it because I know it helps a lot of people. So I'll see what I can do :)

This post was edited by Bazgrim at August 20, 2018 4:31 AM PDT
    • 30 posts
    August 20, 2018 9:06 AM PDT

/u/Tinnis_ doesn't have forum access here, but wanted me to post their auto transcript of the audio. It's not as refined as a self written transcript, but it may help for the time being until one can become available.

• 2886 posts
    August 30, 2018 6:32 PM PDT

Well it took a while cause I've been busy lately, but my summary of this is finally available: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9274/-/view/post_id/176734

• 13 posts
    August 31, 2018 5:46 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Well it took a while cause I've been busy lately, but my summary of this is finally available: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/9274/-/view/post_id/176734

Thanks Bazgrim.    I hope this wasn't as much work as it looks like it was!

• 3016 posts
    August 31, 2018 4:09 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

If so, be sure to check out what the guys had to say as they sat down and chatted with @MMORPGcom 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhUKChiOPI

Life has run away with me...up down up down...still have to move after all, so yes I did miss this unfortunately.   Thanks Kilsin. :)

• 2886 posts
    September 5, 2018 12:48 PM PDT

Queued said:

Bazgrim said:

Thanks Bazgrim.    I hope this wasn't as much work as it looks like it was!

I can't say it's not a lot of work, but I enjoy doing it so it almost doesn't even feel like work :) this one just took longer cause I've also just been busy with other things. Glad you found it helpful though! That's what matters :)