Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New environment: Illusionary

• 7 posts
    August 17, 2018 8:43 PM PDT

Every creature in the area will randomly look like (even showing name) of a different creature in the area or be invisible until agroed (at which point it would take on a random appearance). This will affect both mobs and players. 

Smaller aspects of the environment shift as well. A door might appear to have shifted over 20 feet or have disapeared all together. Furnature will appear to shift, move, change, disapear. The road might make a shift through the woods to a bridge that isn't really there. Pit falls are disguised or appear to be there when they aren't. 

Every 5-10 minutes the environment makes these "changes". But the point is, nothing really changes, only what you see changes. If you've got a keen memory you could see a wall and walk strait through a door you know to be there. And of course there would be a class feature (enchanter?) or special item to get around all of this tom foolery, but until then, let the mischief begin. 

• 346 posts
    August 18, 2018 1:09 AM PDT

Is this an idea you came up with or was this discussed officially and I may have missed it?

• 190 posts
    August 18, 2018 9:15 AM PDT

Could also work with the Perception system. The higher your perception skill, the more likely you are to see the truth in the zone.

• 643 posts
    August 18, 2018 11:20 AM PDT

I love this idea.  This could be like taking the plane of mischief to a whole other level (both literally and figuratively)

• 7 posts
    August 20, 2018 8:42 PM PDT

Sorry for the incoherentness of this post, I was very sick and on many drugs to get it cleared up. 

Darkintellect said:

Is this an idea you came up with or was this discussed officially and I may have missed it?

This is an idea of my making that I feel would be interesting in this game. And what Wildenightwolf and Fazool added very nicely to it. 

• 801 posts
    August 22, 2018 4:33 AM PDT

Balthaazar12 said:

Sorry for the incoherentness of this post, I was very sick and on many drugs to get it cleared up. 

Darkintellect said:

This is an idea of my making that I feel would be interesting in this game. And what Wildenightwolf and Fazool added very nicely to it. 

Sorry that your sick, hope your feeling much better. BTW some of the best ideas, works have been done while being sick... thats a true fact btw.

• 96 posts
    August 22, 2018 12:07 PM PDT

wildenightwolf said:

Could also work with the Perception system. The higher your perception skill, the more likely you are to see the truth in the zone.

Great idea from the OP and also love the idea with the Perception system

• 752 posts
    August 22, 2018 2:29 PM PDT

Cool idea. I loved PoM and kinda wished it was even more wacky.

• 1714 posts
    August 22, 2018 2:42 PM PDT

Illusory

• 7 posts
    August 22, 2018 7:37 PM PDT

Keno Monster said:

Illusory

Technically in this case both illusory and illusionary are correct. 

Illusionary: adjative; marked by or producing illusion.

Illusory: adjative; based on illusion; not real. 

• 1714 posts
    August 22, 2018 9:30 PM PDT

Balthaazar12 said:

Keno Monster said:

Illusory

Yep. One is a better word tho. 

• 206 posts
    March 6, 2019 8:53 AM PST

Great idea! Now to get devs on board... @_@

• 1247 posts
    March 6, 2019 2:38 PM PST

Amazing idea. It also reminds me of Mirkwood from the Hobbit. 

• 287 posts
    March 6, 2019 2:48 PM PST

such a cool idea. Might be even cooler if this environment affected each player individually as well, so that a group of 6 players could all be seeing different things. Enchanters could have a self-only buff that would let them lead the group to where they need to go, and there could also be an artifact that has a short range ae that allows everyone in range to see through the illusions.

• 1281 posts
    March 6, 2019 3:57 PM PST

Balthaazar12 said:

Every creature in the area will randomly look like (even showing name) of a different creature in the area or be invisible until agroed (at which point it would take on a random appearance). This will affect both mobs and players. 

Smaller aspects of the environment shift as well. A door might appear to have shifted over 20 feet or have disapeared all together. Furnature will appear to shift, move, change, disapear. The road might make a shift through the woods to a bridge that isn't really there. Pit falls are disguised or appear to be there when they aren't. 

Every 5-10 minutes the environment makes these "changes". But the point is, nothing really changes, only what you see changes. If you've got a keen memory you could see a wall and walk strait through a door you know to be there. And of course there would be a class feature (enchanter?) or special item to get around all of this tom foolery, but until then, let the mischief begin. 

This would be AESOME....  Especially if tied to the Perception skill like someone already mentioned.

• 211 posts
    March 6, 2019 7:25 PM PST

Man this would be uber if it was added in!

• 316 posts
    March 6, 2019 11:57 PM PST
    Great idea!
    • 71 posts
    March 7, 2019 4:51 AM PST

Balthaazar12 said:

Keno Monster said:

Illusory

Technically adjative is spelled adjective ... just saying. 8-)

--- My opinions are not humble, they are just my opinions. ---

• 2138 posts
    March 7, 2019 7:17 AM PST

Like an improved Grieg's end! instead of only players randomly changing models to match those of the monsters in the area, as it is now, but also the look of the maze itself!- the maze woud stay the same but where a door was, it now looks like a wall. cool.

• 752 posts
    March 7, 2019 8:09 PM PST

I feel like someone is hard at work creating a Plane of Mischief remake that fits into the world of Terminus. Something so wacky and perception based that only those that have worked on perception can figure it out. 

This game needs a crazy silly wacky zone that exploits the major silliness of perception. We need to explore the depths of this skill.

This post was edited by kreed99 at March 7, 2019 8:10 PM PST
    • 46 posts
    March 8, 2019 6:30 AM PST

Keno Monster said:

Balthaazar12 said:

Keno Monster said:

Illusory

Yep. One is a better word tho. 

I feel the use of Illusinary is correct in this case as it is describing the enviroment as it *produces* illusions, not that the enviroment itself *is* an illusion.

However, regardless of the wording used, this seems an amazing idea (especially when tied to perception). And would love to see a zone take advatage of it.

This post was edited by Leachim at March 8, 2019 6:31 AM PST