Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Stream announcements?

• 363 posts
    July 28, 2018 8:03 AM PDT

Thallium said:

Jim Lee's stream had the highest entertainment value for me, it just felt really natural and much more like watching a group of friends actually play the game. Rather than way to promote/show off the game. Never heard of the guy before - hope to see him on another promo stream in the future.

This is how I felt watching Cohh's Stream. Minus the Q and A of course. :D  

Unless your an artist or read a lot of comic books you'd never have a reason to know who Jim Lee is. He is well known in the comic circles and started as comic book illustrator, but I believe he publishes them now. Because I knew who he is it felt more like a plug for his stream, at least to me, and I'm sure it was on some level. Since I have never heard of any of the other streamers it didn't come across that way, even though its all a cross promotional thing and relative to who is watching. I just want to see more of the game. :D

This post was edited by Willeg at July 28, 2018 8:09 AM PDT
    • 626 posts
    July 28, 2018 12:56 PM PDT

VR normally Posts this information the week of the Stream. Streamers are normally allowed to let their followers know a little earlier than that as it helps promote them as well, and is kinda a perk for Pantheon fans of theirs who support them to know a little ahead of time. 

Expect VR to announce the Streams next week. I would say mid-week most likely. 

Until then just set a reminder for Aug. 5th @ 2pm EST, and Aug. 6th @ 9:30pm EST. 

• 646 posts
    July 28, 2018 1:11 PM PDT

Oooh I hope I can catch the stream... We're moving cross country in a couple weeks. :o

• 1714 posts
    July 28, 2018 1:55 PM PDT

Naunet said:

Oooh I hope I can catch the stream... We're moving cross country in a couple weeks. :o

They'll all be posted on twitch or youtube afterwards. 

• 166 posts
    July 29, 2018 2:15 AM PDT
    My big question regarding the steams is: will we see any gameplay other than combat, e. g. Perception system or crafting?

In the second stream there will be the ranger as new class, but still would be happy to see something different than combat.

• 1120 posts
    July 29, 2018 10:07 AM PDT

Landbert said: My big question regarding the steams is: will we see any gameplay other than combat, e. g. Perception system or crafting? In the second stream there will be the ranger as new class, but still would be happy to see something different than combat.

This is doubtful.  The "sponsored" streams are usually combat centered.  If VR was going to show off something like crafting it would probably be in just a solo VR stream.

• 523 posts
    July 29, 2018 12:48 PM PDT

They've already said that Crafting won't be in the game until Alpha at the earliest.  So, still a while on that.  

• 1281 posts
    July 29, 2018 1:24 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Landbert said: My big question regarding the steams is: will we see any gameplay other than combat, e. g. Perception system or crafting? In the second stream there will be the ranger as new class, but still would be happy to see something different than combat.

This is doubtful.  The "sponsored" streams are usually combat centered.  If VR was going to show off something like crafting it would probably be in just a solo VR stream.

None of their streams thus far have been sponsored.  The streamers have been very clear to saay that.

• 1120 posts
    July 29, 2018 4:20 PM PDT

Kalok said:

Porygon said:

None of their streams thus far have been sponsored.  The streamers have been very clear to saay that.

Note the quotes.

• 9115 posts
    July 29, 2018 5:27 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic as it is not General Pantheon.

• 1714 posts
    July 30, 2018 4:04 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Moved to Off-Topic as it is not General Pantheon.

But https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/8999/do-you-think-virtual-reality-is-the-future-of-gaming is?

• 316 posts
    • 1714 posts
    August 2, 2018 12:04 PM PDT

Alexander said:

Keno Monster said:

But https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/8999/do-you-think-virtual-reality-is-the-future-of-gaming is?

I'd love to know how one would consider a thread on the Pantheon streams off-topic, but a thread about virtual reality is on topic? Please to be clarifying. 

• 316 posts
    August 2, 2018 12:36 PM PDT
    Ok, you're right, there could be some confusion, and sorry for the bit of meanness with that pic. Kilsin creates fun topics for us to discuss in General because that's where most posters are. He can host a novel topic, often mirroring posts on social media, as part of his role in providing us with things to discuss. Otherwise, posts are separated for clarity. I know you get this - but as for this topic, I suppose it wasnt quite enough about the game itself. And there's the whole thing you know about "development forums" and such - seems as of we're nearing the end of that, but this topic doesnt fit that criterion, obviously. My pic was about the comparison to Kilsin's posts - our posts aren't equivalent. He has different roles to play.