Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Stream announcements?

• 1714 posts
    July 27, 2018 11:29 AM PDT

Why no official forum post, tweet or reddit post? The streamers are telling people exactly when they will be. Why not drum up some hype?

• 1 posts
    July 27, 2018 11:34 AM PDT
    I agree, super difficult to get any information on what’s going on.
    • 1120 posts
    July 27, 2018 12:59 PM PDT

Has there been more than 1 streamer that announced something?

• 65 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:06 PM PDT

I agree it would be nice to get an offical announcement...but maybe the streamers shouldn't be saying anything until the official announcement is made.   I know they want to promote what they are doing...but is it really their place to say?

• 2138 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:10 PM PDT

My understanding is they have to rehearse what they are going to stream. So maybe a formal announcement wont come from VRI untill they are happy with the rehearsed piece.

• 1714 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:19 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Has there been more than 1 streamer that announced something?

Yes

• 1714 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:19 PM PDT

Manouk said:

My understanding is they have to rehearse what they are going to stream. So maybe a formal announcement wont come from VRI untill they are happy with the rehearsed piece.

The streamers have already announced the exact times of day. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at July 27, 2018 1:25 PM PDT
    • 556 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:20 PM PDT

Have to agree with this one. Cohh said stream this Sunday at 2pm est yet nothing has been verified by VR. Kinda need to confirm these things and spread the word more than just a couple days ahead of time

• 556 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:21 PM PDT

Keno Monster said:

Manouk said:

The streamers haver already announced the exact times of day. 

If you have a list of them, post them so people know when to look for them.

This post was edited by Enitzu at July 27, 2018 1:21 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:37 PM PDT

Thought I read there is another stream coming up early August?

• 363 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:51 PM PDT

Cohh Carnage is Streaming August 5th at 2pm ET. I have seen four streamers total including Cohh in the past and I'd love to see more of these events. Definitely a dedicated forum post or section.

It gets people excited, spreads the word and attracts more pledges.

This post was edited by Willeg at July 27, 2018 1:53 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:52 PM PDT

Bronsun said:

Cohh is Streaming August 5th. I have seen four streamers total including Cohh in the past. I'd love to see more of these events. It get people excited, spreads the word and attracts more pledges.

There have been a few over the years, and yes its my view that streaming is the best advertiser of all.  :)  They were trying out new streamers recently too, other than COHH.   TheHiveLeader was pretty good. :)

• 1714 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:55 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    July 27, 2018 1:56 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

There have been a few over the years, and yes its my view that streaming is the best advertiser of all.  :)  They were trying out new streamers recently too, other than COHH.   TheHiveLeader was pretty good. :)

Thats great to hear that they are trying new people to stream with.

Keno Monster said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/92fzzy/pantheon_mmo_dream_team_stream_august_6th_630_pst/

Pretty sure I have seen all of them so far. Cohh and Lassiz are my favorite. Lassiz was giddy and it was great to see. :D I have to watch this one later. Can't wait!

This post was edited by Willeg at July 27, 2018 2:35 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:02 PM PDT

Agree, nothing helps keep the excitement going like streams and an officila thread to put them all togeather would be great!

• 1479 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:09 PM PDT

The good and sad think is that I will have to watch it 5 time, one for each PoV...

• 1120 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:19 PM PDT

Great, I get to watch a below average cleric play more -_-

Looking forward to seeing the POV of the other classes though.  Now someone convince joppa to record as well.

• 2752 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:23 PM PDT

Porygon said:

You don't have to watch.

• 1714 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:27 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Looking forward to seeing the POV of the other classes though.  Now someone convince joppa to record as well.

That group was bad and it had much less to do with him than the lack of leadership and strategy and poor decision making by the group as a whole. 

• 523 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:39 PM PDT

Koopa was the crappy healer, Hive was awesome.  Pretty fired up about both of these streams.  We know the Druid and Summoner aren't even in the game yet, but I was kind of expecting to see all of the three new classes in the Paladin, Dire Lord, and Ranger.  Looks like only the Ranger is ready for prime time.  

• 844 posts
    July 27, 2018 3:50 PM PDT

For a stream I find myself only really looking for good production value, meaning is the visual and audio quality good, crisp.

Hopefully 1080P with clear audio for hearing Q/A. Only a partnered, experienced streamer with good equipment can deliver this. (Pretty much only Cohh.)

Can I see the chat channels and other informational displays, or does the streamer think their face needs to be in front of key informational displays.

Is the streamer mindful to show inventory, skills, stats, etc. and not run around with the HUD off.

Most of these guys have all been given free access to the pre-alpha, so they have a tendancy to just pop thru screens instantly as they have seen them alot. I am sure none of us none-pre-alpha playing peeps care for that.

• 1120 posts
    July 27, 2018 8:51 PM PDT

Keno Monster said:

That group was bad and it had much less to do with him than the lack of leadership and strategy and poor decision making by the group as a whole. 

Mathir said:

Koopa was the crappy healer, Hive was awesome.

He was not a great healer.  Yes the group overall was bad.  But his decisions were terrible.  I've played a high level healer for a long time.   Maybe I just look at things differently.  Needless to say. I'm still going to watch the stream, but I wish we could see some ACTUAL good players lol.

• 1120 posts
    July 27, 2018 8:54 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

For a stream I find myself only really looking for good production value, meaning is the visual and audio quality good, crisp.

Hopefully 1080P with clear audio for hearing Q/A. Only a partnered, experienced streamer with good equipment can deliver this. (Pretty much only Cohh.)

Can I see the chat channels and other informational displays, or does the streamer think their face needs to be in front of key informational displays.

Is the streamer mindful to show inventory, skills, stats, etc. and not run around with the HUD off.

Most of these guys have all been given free access to the pre-alpha, so they have a tendancy to just pop thru screens instantly as they have seen them alot. I am sure none of us none-pre-alpha playing peeps care for that.

I think theres definitely 2 types of streaming.  The more informational (cohh style) where we get alot ot class and ability information. Questions answered etc.  And then the more natural just playing the game style that koopa and the hiveleader presented.  Which probably won't give a large amount of new info to us but will let us see an hour of casual playing.

• 839 posts
    July 27, 2018 9:50 PM PDT
    Jim Lee's stream was the best for me, was less info, but honestly not much info is coming from the streams that we fans here on the forum don't already know, that stream was just fun to be a fly on the wall for and gave the best overall feeling of playing the game imo. I hope they do another run with him again
    • 41 posts
    July 28, 2018 2:51 AM PDT

Hokanu said: Jim Lee's stream was the best for me, was less info, but honestly not much info is coming from the streams that we fans here on the forum don't already know, that stream was just fun to be a fly on the wall for and gave the best overall feeling of playing the game imo. I hope they do another run with him again

Jim Lee's stream had the highest entertainment value for me, it just felt really natural and much more like watching a group of friends actually play the game. Rather than way to promote/show off the game. Never heard of the guy before - hope to see him on another promo stream in the future.