Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

This is Interesting.

• 844 posts
    July 17, 2018 11:34 AM PDT

Under the heading, "Something to do until Pantheon Alpha Arrives".

No Man's Sky goes full multiplayer next week

https://youtu.be/h3HphgSn0o4

Another game that launched under a cloud and took years to "fix" things, and finally release promised content.

This post was edited by zewtastic at July 17, 2018 11:36 AM PDT
    • 154 posts
    July 17, 2018 2:06 PM PDT

I am more interested about Camelot Unchained and Star Citizen while waiting for Pantheon but please let me know if it is worth the download ! 

• 844 posts
    July 17, 2018 4:32 PM PDT

Well NMS was/is a gorgeous game. It just got badly dinged for launching without some of the core promised functionality. The main one being MP.  But now 2 years after initial release, they are adding MP. Kind of sounds like a lot of MMOs.

SC will never be viable. Camelot Unchained, will also never be viable.

• 3852 posts
    July 18, 2018 7:23 AM PDT

I wouldn't write off SC or CU so blithely. 

Thanks for the heads-up on No Man's Sky.

• 844 posts
    July 18, 2018 9:22 AM PDT

Blithely?

Star Citizen, been over 4 years, $150M+ and they now say they need more money. They have grand plans, pretty pictures and an uplayable game pre-alpha that experts say needs to be rebuilt on a much more viable platform/engine.

Yes you can keep throwing money and resources at something that essentially failed in an attempt to just recover your investment, ie. SWTOR, but SC is a failure in as such it will never deliver on what it promised and people hopefully paid for. I would be very curious to see how that $150M was spent actually. At $100K/year, 100 employees would only add up to $10M. So lets say 300 employees, $30M * 4 years? $120M? I doubt they have 300 people working on SC. So someone got very rich.

And Camelot Unchained seems like a hot mess. I have been following the progress as best I can and it seems even more disorganized than ever. Hopefully they can pull it out.

---

• 3852 posts
    July 18, 2018 4:22 PM PDT

SC is a mess alright - that may be too mild a word. I thought you were predicting it would never be released and maybe it won't be but with so much invested I would expect *something* under that name to be released.....some day.

As for Camelot Unchained I haven't been following it as closely as you since once it became clear it would abandon DAOC's mix of pvp and pve I knew I would never play it. Again, I thought you were predicting it would collapse without any release and if I had to bet I would bet it will be released. How good it will be - another issue.