Forums » The Druid

No tracking for Druid?

• 101 posts
    July 16, 2018 9:19 AM PDT

Did I miss it in the class reveal?

Sounds like druids do not get the ability to track; and at this time, tracking is a ranger only skill~

Opinions?

• 272 posts
    July 16, 2018 9:30 AM PDT

They couldn't track in VG either 

They'll survive 

• 2388 posts
    July 16, 2018 11:06 AM PDT

Seems fine to me. Tracking should be a specialty of Ranger, feels wrong taking that part of their identity away. 

• 264 posts
    July 16, 2018 1:35 PM PDT

I do not mind it. Either way. 

• 623 posts
    July 16, 2018 2:17 PM PDT

Also, not all skills/abilities are listed in the current reveals.

• 41 posts
    July 16, 2018 3:35 PM PDT

It's a different game. 

• 272 posts
    July 16, 2018 5:48 PM PDT

Ozmani said:

It's a different game. 

The most overlooked fact about this game.

• 23 posts
    July 20, 2018 1:54 PM PDT

The reval also doesn't list Foraging, and IMO it would be strange for Druids to not be able to forage. (Their most Iconic "weapon" is a sicle, which is primarly used to harvest herbs.)

• 228 posts
    July 20, 2018 3:42 PM PDT

Speaking from the perspective of someone who really likes both Druids and Rangers, and plans on playing both classes, I personally feel that tracking and foraging should be reserved for Rangers. Even if it would make sense that Druids might be able to do these things, they are iconic Ranger abilities, and I feel that they would lose something if Druids could use them as well. Plus, Druids get so many other cool abilities already, I don't feel they necessarily need any more. Just my opinion, but I know I'm looking forward to both classes no matter what.

This post was edited by Gyldervane at July 20, 2018 3:49 PM PDT
    • 66 posts
    July 20, 2018 7:32 PM PDT

Tracking is not really that important for druids and makes the ranger a little more iconic. Forage might be avalable to all classes for a variety of reasons, like feeding yourself.

• 34 posts
    August 1, 2018 11:14 AM PDT

Maybe animal only tracking for Druids, all other tracking, including animal tracking, for Ranger???

• 34 posts
    August 1, 2018 11:37 AM PDT

If druids can't track it wouldnt stop me from playing one. Imho Rangers should be the only class to be able to track because its part of the class idendity.

• 745 posts
    August 6, 2018 5:33 PM PDT

To respond to the OP, I think the second most overlooked factor in this case (behind "it's a different game") is that the class reveals do not provide a completely comprehensive representation of the skills of a given class.  This has been stated many times by the devs, most specifically Joppa. 

Druids could very well have track.  There's still much we don't know about the classes (and much that will likely change) even amongst those which have been revealed.

Also, it's a different game.

• 83 posts
    December 30, 2018 11:53 AM PST

I am still hopeful that Druids will have the ability to track and forage.  Even a more limited tracking, as was the case in Everquest, would be fine by me.

• 26 posts
    January 3, 2019 7:59 PM PST
    As a former Druid in EQ, I really do not mind this. Granted, Druids are one with nature, so technically their tracking abilities should rely more on what animals tell them than tracking like an actual Ranger. I believe Rangers should be the only master tracking class. Maybe at later levels, allow Druids to shapechange into an animal like a Wolf, Panther, or Eagle and gain limited tracking ability. It's just a thought.
    • 1 posts
    April 4, 2019 9:40 AM PDT

Druids being perfectly in tune with nature, it would only make sense that they have extremely acute situational awareness of the forest around them. I think they should at least be able to track animals, beasts, etc., if not also anything else sentient.

• 151 posts
    June 1, 2019 5:52 AM PDT

Druids have become a group-capable main healer class in Pantheon. 

The focus of their relationship with nature has been re-directed apparrently. 

However, you now have a main healer class that can port and provide a run speed buff- 2 forms of travel enhancement!

• 5 posts
    July 7, 2019 5:46 AM PDT
    Druids should have track to an extent. I mean ... Druid... C'mon. They know everything their is when it comes to nature.