Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Monk, ranger, and rogue reveal

• 627 posts
    July 15, 2018 12:21 PM PDT
    So I rly like the summer class reveals. but seeing the new reveals and then going back to the first reveal, the new once seem waaay more indeapt, we get more skills shown, passive skills, different categories of the skills shown.

Could we maybe get an update on the Monk, ranger and rogue so it matches the tank and healer classes? Witch to me atleast seem way more details and information.

Best regards Bam
    • 13 posts
    July 15, 2018 3:58 PM PDT

I have no doubt that more and more information will continue to drip out as we inch closer to release.

• 2752 posts
    July 15, 2018 5:13 PM PDT

Might also be worth considering that casters tend to have more spells/abilities than non-magic melee classes. For example the Warrior reveal show less abilities than the ranger or rogue.

This post was edited by Iksar at July 15, 2018 5:14 PM PDT
    • 1584 posts
    July 15, 2018 5:22 PM PDT
    This is very true iksar in basically every game ever made the magic users do have more skills or spells than the non magical ones, though I do believe the rogues, monks, and rangers probably will get more in their own kit, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have as many as the casters will, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if pallies and sks will have more than them
    • 627 posts
    July 15, 2018 8:12 PM PDT
    That's true, actually looking back on every reveal the monk reveal is by far the the one with lowest amount of information with only 15 skills shown, non of these were passives. Looking at the paladin we get to see 30 skills and it just seems more finished. The ranger witch was a shown together with the monks also is very in depths.

I guess I'd like to see a bit more more info on the Monks.
    • 319 posts
    July 16, 2018 8:20 AM PDT

I believe the monk, rogue and ranger were already redone in the same format as the new reveals.

• 627 posts
    July 16, 2018 9:20 AM PDT
    I don't know, i just noticed that many of the other class revival showed way more skills, like passive skills, epic skills and such.

And I was wondering why, because 15 shown skills for monk and 30 skills shown for the paladin seems very random to me.
    • 1714 posts
    July 16, 2018 12:15 PM PDT

BamBam said: I don't know, i just noticed that many of the other class revival showed way more skills, like passive skills, epic skills and such. And I was wondering why, because 15 shown skills for monk and 30 skills shown for the paladin seems very random to me.

I think this is a good thing. Certain classes straight up might have half the abilities of another. Iconic, powerful, class definining abilities might come at the cost of having a more limited overall skillset. I think that's cool. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at July 16, 2018 12:16 PM PDT
    • 1120 posts
    July 16, 2018 1:19 PM PDT

Keno Monster said:

BamBam said: I don't know, i just noticed that many of the other class revival showed way more skills, like passive skills, epic skills and such. And I was wondering why, because 15 shown skills for monk and 30 skills shown for the paladin seems very random to me.

I think this is a good thing. Certain classes straight up might have half the abilities of another. Iconic, powerful, class definining abilities might come at the cost of having a more limited overall skillset. I think that's cool. 

Yea I feel this is natural.   I mean casters in EQ had tons of abilities, melee not so much.  Even with a game like wow , some classes had much more abilities than others.  

Doesn't mean they are as well developed.  Just different.

• 154 posts
    July 16, 2018 1:46 PM PDT

VR is working on a reveal format that they like and feel comfortable with. They will eventually update the older reveal and add information as soon as they can. Towards the end of the year, we should have a pretty good understanding of each class passive, some epic and regular abilities. I am sure they will also keep a bunch of stuff secret to surprise us!

This post was edited by Ithaca at July 16, 2018 1:59 PM PDT
    • 752 posts
    July 16, 2018 1:58 PM PDT

I feel as tho the melee reveals give us enough info to base a decision as to what class to play or plan to play. Caster classes always have more going on, thats just a simple fact. I don't really see a need to revamp the pure melee reveal, and i appreciate that they redid the priest caster original info with the updated reveal. That was the reveal that i was most wanting to see done. Just remember this is a basic reveal to build excitement and show what the class basic functions will be. There will be soooo much more ingame beyond what they have listed in these basic reveals.