Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Anyone interested in a seattle pantheon fan meetup?

• 1785 posts
    July 14, 2018 8:58 PM PDT

A couple of us are thinking of setting up a fan meetup in early September.  I wanted to get a sense of how many folks might attend if we did that.  Post here and let me know if this is something you might be interested in?

We're looking at probably Saturday, September 8th.  It wouldn't be in Seattle but likely just outside it, so that traffic and parking weren't as big of a concern :)

• 844 posts
    July 14, 2018 11:47 PM PDT

Saturday the 8th? Thats when Alpha starts! :)

• 1785 posts
    July 15, 2018 7:47 AM PDT

LOL, who knows? :)

• 844 posts
    July 15, 2018 2:35 PM PDT

But seriously, it's a great idea, I just think it's too early yet regarding the game.

Maybe when alpha/beta get rolling and many more people are getting invested and guilds are beginning to become a reality.

• 1860 posts
    July 15, 2018 6:35 PM PDT

I'm about 3 hours away from Seattle.  I'd be interested in a Pacific NW meetup eventually but I agree with Zew, its a bit early.  Bring this up again once we are closer to release Neph.

• 1785 posts
    July 15, 2018 6:44 PM PDT

LOL, well, I mean I'm sure we'll do one closer to release too.  Some folks in the community are wanting to go ahead and do one earlier though :)

I'll leave this for a couple weeks and see how it's looking by the end of July before we make plans.  It might just end up being 4-5 of us at a restaurant or something, but you never know!

• 190 posts
    July 16, 2018 4:24 AM PDT

Couldn't even attempt until February when we come to Washington for our new duty station. I would suggest having it up in Everett, at the very cool gamer pub called AFK Tavern.

http://www.afktavern.com/

• 191 posts
    July 16, 2018 7:46 AM PDT

I'm game, but let's not have it on the same day that Alpha starts, yeah? =x

• 1785 posts
    July 16, 2018 10:38 AM PDT

oooh, i didn't know about the AFK Tavern, thanks wilde!  And lol no worries, I promise we won't be doing anything on the day that alpha starts other than logging in to test :P  Zewt was joking about that date by the way.

• 769 posts
    July 16, 2018 12:40 PM PDT

Dag gummit, I would totally be down as I live in Portland - but moving to Georgia in the next few weeks. :(

• 154 posts
    July 16, 2018 4:37 PM PDT

Greatl idea! I am in Honolulu though. Next meet up after Seattle in Hawaii? :) 

• 190 posts
    July 16, 2018 8:11 PM PDT

Nephele said:

oooh, i didn't know about the AFK Tavern, thanks wilde!  And lol no worries, I promise we won't be doing anything on the day that alpha starts other than logging in to test :P  Zewt was joking about that date by the way.

Most welcome! It will probably be a favorite hangout of my family when we get up there. I have a few old EQ/EQ2 buddies who live north of Seattle and it will be a good place for gatherings.

• 1785 posts
    July 17, 2018 7:37 AM PDT

Tralyan said:

Dag gummit, I would totally be down as I live in Portland - but moving to Georgia in the next few weeks. :(

... I can understand the desire to escape Portland, but Georgia???  That's a hell of a change.

Disclaimer:  Previous to Seattle, Neph lived in Charlotte, NC :)

• 1785 posts
    July 17, 2018 7:38 AM PDT

Ithaca said:

Greatl idea! I am in Honolulu though. Next meet up after Seattle in Hawaii? :) 

Ha!  If someone else organizes it and I just happen to be able to afford a trip to Hawaii at the time....sure! :)

• 769 posts
    July 17, 2018 11:21 AM PDT

Nephele said:

Tralyan said:

... I can understand the desire to escape Portland, but Georgia???  That's a hell of a change.

Disclaimer:  Previous to Seattle, Neph lived in Charlotte, NC :)

The girlfriend is starting school at UGA :( believe me, it wasn't my first choice. 

I also lived in Charlotte, NC prior to moving to Portland a year and a half ago. Small nerd world. 

• 56 posts
    August 4, 2018 11:31 AM PDT

Oh man. I just saw this. Yeah! Let's do it! I will be there for sure.