Forums » The Druid

Reverberation

• 477 posts
    July 12, 2018 2:15 PM PDT
    Reverberation:

"Passive Ability. When an ally is under the effects of any of your healing abilities and they are healed by another player in the group, that healing effect will jump to another group member as well."

How do you all think this ability will work? On grp heals and and single target heals?

Would It be more likely to see 2 healers in a grp, one of them being a druid, now that he can double the effect of potentially any other healers ability?

I guess the extra healing is not always needed, but when it is, on a hard fight this will be extremely usefull, and it's a passive so it's quiet "easy" to manage. anyone with a hot on them, or anyone inside the Verdanfire Tree area will send healing to their allies.

What do you think?
    • 2484 posts
    July 12, 2018 2:34 PM PDT

I don't think it will work with non-targeted heals like AoE/Group healing or heals that chain to a target under the effects of a druid heal, but anything direct/single target will probably work.

• 477 posts
    July 12, 2018 2:46 PM PDT
    So for instance, the cleric max hp heal? Would be cool to top up 2 ppl at once.
    • 795 posts
    July 12, 2018 3:04 PM PDT

The wording they used has me a little bit confused on how it will work. I kind of read it as if you have a healing effect going on someone and another healer throws a heal on him, then they gain the druid healing effect. So for instance, lets say a druid is the healer in the group and a paladin main tank. The druid could throw a healing effect on a dps that took aggro or got hit by an aoe lets say and the paladin does an ability that heals that target aswell. This chains and the paladin also gets the druid healing effect.

I have no idea tbh.

• 2484 posts
    July 12, 2018 4:11 PM PDT

Actually I think you are right. I think it is the druid ability that gets passed to another. 

• 264 posts
    July 12, 2018 5:48 PM PDT

I think it is an amazing passive that will be very desirable and druid will be valuable because of it! Druid will combo well with Paladin and any other healers. 

It is not weird to me to have 2 healers in a group. We almost always had two healers in a group in EQ2. We needed shaman + Druid , or Templar + Druid or Templar + shaman. They completed themselves well. Each class had strenghs and weaknesses (quick HOT, long cast strong heal, ward to absorb dmg, etc..) 

• 795 posts
    July 13, 2018 8:39 AM PDT

Yea, this passive has me excited. Druids seem to have a lot of abilities that are combo types and tactical. This class is going to make you think a lot more than the others, that's for sure.

• 156 posts
    July 13, 2018 9:28 AM PDT

How do you think it will work with the Direlord lifetaps?

• 795 posts
    July 13, 2018 11:45 AM PDT

No idea, I was wondering the same thing with siphon type abilities...since they technically are heals.

• 398 posts
    July 13, 2018 12:31 PM PDT

I read it as saying that...

The Druid's heal effect "X" is on the Paladin. A shaman heals the Paladin. The Druid's heal effect "X" is then placed on a random other group member.

If that is the case, then the effectiveness of Reverberation will be based entirely on what is considered a "heal effect", how powerful those heal effects are, whether they can stack multiple heal effects concurrently, and the frequency with which other people can cast heals on a target. Using the example from above, if a shaman can cast a low level heal every 0.25 seconds on the Paladin forever, then they could trigger reverberation many times in a short time span at minimal cost, showering the group in random heals with high mana efficiency.

The devil is in the details and we have almost no details, but this was the first ability of the healer set that got me wondering if it could be abused.

• 264 posts
    July 13, 2018 12:39 PM PDT

Maximis said:

How do you think it will work with the Direlord lifetaps?

I thought about it too. I doubt it will be considered heals and will interact with reverberation but maybe. By the end of the year, we should be able to have a stream with both Dire Lord and Druid and see how the mechanic works

• 156 posts
    July 13, 2018 1:01 PM PDT

Ainadak said:

I read it as saying that...

The Druid's heal effect "X" is on the Paladin. A shaman heals the Paladin. The Druid's heal effect "X" is then placed on a random other group member.

If that is the case, then the effectiveness of Reverberation will be based entirely on what is considered a "heal effect", how powerful those heal effects are, whether they can stack multiple heal effects concurrently, and the frequency with which other people can cast heals on a target. Using the example from above, if a shaman can cast a low level heal every 0.25 seconds on the Paladin forever, then they could trigger reverberation many times in a short time span at minimal cost, showering the group in random heals with high mana efficiency.

The devil is in the details and we have almost no details, but this was the first ability of the healer set that got me wondering if it could be abused.

Hmm. I thought it would "bounce" any incomming heal out to another group member. So.. druid casts reverb on the tank. Cleric heals tank. the cleric heal heals the tank AND the monk.  It makes me wonder if 2 druids in one group could reverb 2 different toons and get a reverb chain going where the reverb heal triggers another reverb heal.

• 795 posts
    July 13, 2018 1:04 PM PDT

Reverb is a passive, not a spell, I think.

• 264 posts
    July 13, 2018 1:13 PM PDT

Watemper said:

Reverb is a passive, not a spell, I think.

You are correct. It will not work as suggested by Maximis.

• 240 posts
    July 13, 2018 1:48 PM PDT

Hm, yes, it is confusing the way it's worded. I actually thought it was the non-druid heal that would jump to another party member, not the druid heal...mostly because Verdanfire Tree (which is likely to be the spell that the party member is under the effect of) is already an AoE HoT, and can't bounce to another party member. But really, I'm not sure from the description. Either way, it would make it very beneficial to have a druid and another healer in the same group.

• 398 posts
    July 13, 2018 3:29 PM PDT

Passive Ability. When an ally is under the effects of any of your healing abilities and they are healed by another player in the group, that healing effect will jump to another group member as well.

The reason I thought it worked as only bouncing the druid's heal is that the word effect is used twice. The first is that the player must be under a healing "effect" from the druid and the second is that the healing "effect" is what jumps to another group member. However, it's not necessarily the case that Joppa went through the wording of each ability with a fine tooth comb.

• 264 posts
    July 13, 2018 4:50 PM PDT

My question is regarding the heals generated by reverberation. 

Would it be a druid heal or considered a heal from the other healer?

Let me explain... a druide places a seed on a target, the seed bloom and heal the target. A little prior to the seed blooming, a shaman place a HOT on that same target. The HOT thanks to reverberation is applied automatically to other member of the group. 

Are those additional HOT be or count as druid heals or not? 

• 240 posts
    July 13, 2018 6:51 PM PDT

Ithaca said:

My question is regarding the heals generated by reverberation. 

Would it be a druid heal or considered a heal from the other healer?

Let me explain... a druide places a seed on a target, the seed bloom and heal the target. A little prior to the seed blooming, a shaman place a HOT on that same target. The HOT thanks to reverberation is applied automatically to other member of the group. 

Are those additional HOT be or count as druid heals or not? 

Going by the description, if the shaman heal is indeed the one that gets bounced to another target, I'm sure it would be a copy of the HOT just as the shaman cast it.

This post was edited by Gyldervane at July 13, 2018 6:51 PM PDT
    • 264 posts
    July 13, 2018 6:58 PM PDT

I understood just like you. I do not know how druids that care about heal parser feel about that ;) 

This post was edited by Ithaca at July 13, 2018 7:11 PM PDT
    • 240 posts
    July 13, 2018 7:08 PM PDT

Ithaca said:

I understood just like you. I do not know how druid that care about heal parser feel about that ;) 

Oh, hehe. I see what you're getting at now. ;)

• 15 posts
    August 10, 2018 3:48 PM PDT

Now the real questions.. If for instance the druid heal is the one being tossed around. Does this copy also bounce and cause a massive amount of unlimited bounces. And does each bounce have its own timer or does it just last until the main effect wears off... Because thats a lot of healing haha...

• 795 posts
    August 13, 2018 2:11 PM PDT

Well that's the weird part about this ability. Let's take raids for instance. The first word is ally. The other groups in a raid would be considered an ally right? But then you have group defining the last two. So lets say that the druid is in a dps group. Druid casts and effect, like a seed or something on the main tank getting hit in a seperate group. While that happens you have 3 or 4 heals in the main tank group, from different casters also in the same group, going off after that. Is that seed effect going to bounce amongst the main tank group 4 times. I have a sneaking suspicion that when it says a random group member aswell it will only happen once. But if it doesn't...tis gunna be very fun. 

• 281 posts
    August 25, 2018 4:09 AM PDT

This ability kind of makes me nervous, simply because it needs another healer to trigger it.  Seems llike the Druid will not be able to heal a group by themselves, they are almost telling us that with this sort of ability.  Perhaps it works on the original casting of a heal spell, but then ignores any HoT after that?  If it triggers from each healing event, then it would be good to stack yourself with a Shaman, but again, you would be support healer.  Want to get in there and test the Druid for sure!