Forums » Pantheon Classes

Shaman and Druid question

    • 70 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:44 PM PDT
    I just reviewed the skills of the shaman and the Druid but I did not notice if the shaman would get a canabilize ability or if the Druid got a snare ability. Am I mistaken?
    • 177 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:53 PM PDT
     

    I do not think Shaman will need Canabilize. I do not think it will reflect Pantheon shaman lore and also, probably not needed since they already have regen thanks to their abilities:

    Ancient Focus

    Passive Ability. Because of the Shaman’s temporal freedom, their Health and Mana generation rates do not slow while in combat.

     

    Druids got a few roots abilities. Perhaps root by default will apply snare effect at the end of the duration. 



    • 909 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:54 PM PDT

    As Joppa says in the Underwraps section: "Just remember that these reveals do not show the complete Class ability arsenal - there are several unique abilities, or more powerful evolutions of the ones listed that you will have to discover for yourself! We’ve been careful to hint at a few of those types of ability evolutions in most of the Class reveals, so keep your Perception skill up as you read..."

    • 820 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:57 PM PDT

    Also, it might behoove people to stop assuming Pantheon will copy the iconic abilites of EQ. 

    • 1033 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:06 PM PDT

    Tralyan said:

    Also, it might behoove people to stop assuming Pantheon will copy the iconic abilites of EQ. 

    This exactly.   We should want NEW classes.  Not 20 years later rehashes.

    I struggle because the druid and shaman look so interesting, but I'm so content 2 boxing a cleric and warrior that I dont want to change!

    But I'm tempted. 

    • 177 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:11 PM PDT

    Porygon said:

    Tralyan said:

    Also, it might behoove people to stop assuming Pantheon will copy the iconic abilites of EQ. 

    This exactly.   We should want NEW classes.  Not 20 years later rehashes.

    I struggle because the druid and shaman look so interesting, but I'm so content 2 boxing a cleric and warrior that I dont want to change!

    But I'm tempted. 

     

    Exactly. I am honestly really happy with what I read so far. The last two reveals are pretty amazing. I like how they take some risks, innovate, and bring a touch of awesomness to their classes! All healers classes look good! I can't wait to test them and help VR tweak some numbers to make it balance and fun for everybody!

     

    • 581 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:50 PM PDT

    Tralyan said:

    Also, it might behoove people to stop assuming Pantheon will copy the iconic abilites of EQ. 

    Well they are copying a LOT of the abilities.

    Defining which ones were more "class defining" is a topic for discussion.

    They did not do exact copies for Vanguard. I doubt anyone is expecting exact copies.

    And since much is based off of D&D ultimately, I doubt we see much variance. It's hard to throw away decades of class testing.

    • 1284 posts
    July 11, 2018 3:11 PM PDT

    shasta said: I just reviewed the skills of the shaman and the Druid but I did not notice if the shaman would get a canabilize ability or if the Druid got a snare ability. Am I mistaken?

    Having to canni sucked. 

    • 358 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:50 PM PDT

    disposalist said:

    As Joppa says in the Underwraps section: "Just remember that these reveals do not show the complete Class ability arsenal - there are several unique abilities, or more powerful evolutions of the ones listed that you will have to discover for yourself! We’ve been careful to hint at a few of those types of ability evolutions in most of the Class reveals, so keep your Perception skill up as you read..."

    True enough. I will say that their conceptual work so far on these classes sound like a lot of fun. I usually play a warrior and cleric but I''m also quite fond of a little druidic fun from time to time. And this druid sounds pretty fun. :)

    • 177 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:55 PM PDT

    I am wondering if the shaman ability Walk the Ages will return all the mana spent during the duration. 

    Walk the Ages

    Mark a moment in time, leaving an imprint of your spirit where you are currently standing for X duration. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will instantly return to this location. You cannot cross zone lines with this ability.

     

     

    • Moderator
    • 8207 posts
    July 11, 2018 6:45 PM PDT

    Moved to Pantheon Classes subforum.

    • 170 posts
    July 12, 2018 12:29 AM PDT

    Ithaca said:

    I am wondering if the shaman ability Walk the Ages will return all the mana spent during the duration. 

    Walk the Ages

    Mark a moment in time, leaving an imprint of your spirit where you are currently standing for X duration. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will instantly return to this location. You cannot cross zone lines with this ability.

    Sounds like a training mechanism to me :)  Activate at the spot outside a cave, go in and hunt around, get agro of a bad mob opps. Walk of ages back to the spot ouside the cave.

    Train comes running out of the cave towards you. Hopefully it dumps agro when activated.


    This post was edited by Boulda at July 12, 2018 12:30 AM PDT
  • Wig
    • 180 posts
    July 12, 2018 3:28 AM PDT
    If it does, it will be used as a FD