Forums » Pantheon Classes

Shaman and Druid question

• 72 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:44 PM PDT
    I just reviewed the skills of the shaman and the Druid but I did not notice if the shaman would get a canabilize ability or if the Druid got a snare ability. Am I mistaken?
    • 154 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:53 PM PDT

I do not think Shaman will need Canabilize. I do not think it will reflect Pantheon shaman lore and also, probably not needed since they already have regen thanks to their abilities:

Ancient Focus

Passive Ability. Because of the Shaman’s temporal freedom, their Health and Mana generation rates do not slow while in combat.

Druids got a few roots abilities. Perhaps root by default will apply snare effect at the end of the duration. 

• 2756 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:54 PM PDT

As Joppa says in the Underwraps section: "Just remember that these reveals do not show the complete Class ability arsenal - there are several unique abilities, or more powerful evolutions of the ones listed that you will have to discover for yourself! We’ve been careful to hint at a few of those types of ability evolutions in most of the Class reveals, so keep your Perception skill up as you read..."

• 769 posts
    July 11, 2018 1:57 PM PDT

Also, it might behoove people to stop assuming Pantheon will copy the iconic abilites of EQ. 

• 1120 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:06 PM PDT

Tralyan said:

Also, it might behoove people to stop assuming Pantheon will copy the iconic abilites of EQ. 

This exactly.   We should want NEW classes.  Not 20 years later rehashes.

I struggle because the druid and shaman look so interesting, but I'm so content 2 boxing a cleric and warrior that I dont want to change!

But I'm tempted. 

• 154 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:11 PM PDT

Porygon said:

Tralyan said:

This exactly.   We should want NEW classes.  Not 20 years later rehashes.

I struggle because the druid and shaman look so interesting, but I'm so content 2 boxing a cleric and warrior that I dont want to change!

But I'm tempted. 

Exactly. I am honestly really happy with what I read so far. The last two reveals are pretty amazing. I like how they take some risks, innovate, and bring a touch of awesomness to their classes! All healers classes look good! I can't wait to test them and help VR tweak some numbers to make it balance and fun for everybody!

• 844 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:50 PM PDT

Tralyan said:

Well they are copying a LOT of the abilities.

Defining which ones were more "class defining" is a topic for discussion.

They did not do exact copies for Vanguard. I doubt anyone is expecting exact copies.

And since much is based off of D&D ultimately, I doubt we see much variance. It's hard to throw away decades of class testing.

• 1714 posts
    July 11, 2018 3:11 PM PDT

shasta said: I just reviewed the skills of the shaman and the Druid but I did not notice if the shaman would get a canabilize ability or if the Druid got a snare ability. Am I mistaken?

Having to canni sucked. 

• 470 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:50 PM PDT

disposalist said:

As Joppa says in the Underwraps section: "Just remember that these reveals do not show the complete Class ability arsenal - there are several unique abilities, or more powerful evolutions of the ones listed that you will have to discover for yourself! We’ve been careful to hint at a few of those types of ability evolutions in most of the Class reveals, so keep your Perception skill up as you read..."

True enough. I will say that their conceptual work so far on these classes sound like a lot of fun. I usually play a warrior and cleric but I''m also quite fond of a little druidic fun from time to time. And this druid sounds pretty fun. :)

• 154 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:55 PM PDT

I am wondering if the shaman ability Walk the Ages will return all the mana spent during the duration. 

Walk the Ages

Mark a moment in time, leaving an imprint of your spirit where you are currently standing for X duration. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will instantly return to this location. You cannot cross zone lines with this ability.

• 9115 posts
    July 11, 2018 6:45 PM PDT

Moved to Pantheon Classes subforum.

• 255 posts
    July 12, 2018 12:29 AM PDT

Ithaca said:

I am wondering if the shaman ability Walk the Ages will return all the mana spent during the duration. 

Walk the Ages

Mark a moment in time, leaving an imprint of your spirit where you are currently standing for X duration. When you activate Walk the Ages again, you will instantly return to this location. You cannot cross zone lines with this ability.

Sounds like a training mechanism to me :)  Activate at the spot outside a cave, go in and hunt around, get agro of a bad mob opps. Walk of ages back to the spot ouside the cave.

Train comes running out of the cave towards you. Hopefully it dumps agro when activated.

This post was edited by Boulda at July 12, 2018 12:30 AM PDT
    • 137 posts
    July 12, 2018 3:28 AM PDT
    If it does, it will be used as a FD