Forums » The Druid

So, Druids don't have a secondary resource to build?

• 1083 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:18 AM PDT

Clerics have Celestial Power/Bonds, Shamans have Vision, Dire Lords: Essence, Monk: Chakra, Paladin: Wrath/Reckoning, Ranger: Momentum, Rogue: Endurance, Warrior: Resilience/Battle Points.

Druids?  No build-and-spend resource...

Will Herode the Fox and/or Harnessed Traits fill that seeming gap?

I can't wait for even more info :)  Intriguing!

• 1083 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:54 AM PDT

Answering my own post, Joppa replied to my Tweet...

https://twitter.com/Joppa_VR/status/1017103319041527809

Ooo the excitement to see Druid is growing!

• 749 posts
    July 11, 2018 11:00 AM PDT

I find that interesting also, that they don't have a secondary resource. It seems that out of the three healers druid are very combo centric, and relys on spell combinations to bring out the best of your spells. I also find it interesting that the cleric and shaman get rezes, but the druid gets a spell that prevents them from dying. I don't know how useful that will be instead of a rez when finding a group, but its interesting enough.

Out of the three the Druid seems the most fastenating. The pet might have something to do with resource spending. It seems you start with it as a passive and you have to grow a bond between the two of you to amplifiy your spells.

I also love seeing that they do get some sort of teleporting. They don't seem to have offensive types of healing, but more support and group placement healing. I don't see any dots which is a disappointment, but overall they still seem quite interesting. Hopefully I don't regret maining them.

• Wig
    • 180 posts
    July 11, 2018 11:37 AM PDT
    For the pet, it says Halfling Ward..not sure if this a race specific pet? Other classes get different pets? Possibly not, I just found it strange they mentioned the word “halfling”
    • 272 posts
    July 11, 2018 12:12 PM PDT
    Anyone else notice cleric says to there's an XP regained to the Rez, shaman mentions nothing about XP (but you can Rez while you're dead) and yeah, looks like druids get what equated to wow soulstone from warlocks

Interesting takes on rez
    • 1589 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:33 PM PDT

Watemper said:

I find that interesting also, that they don't have a secondary resource. It seems that out of the three healers druid are very combo centric, and relys on spell combinations to bring out the best of your spells. I also find it interesting that the cleric and shaman get rezes, but the druid gets a spell that prevents them from dying. I don't know how useful that will be instead of a rez when finding a group, but its interesting enough.

Out of the three the Druid seems the most fastenating. The pet might have something to do with resource spending. It seems you start with it as a passive and you have to grow a bond between the two of you to amplifiy your spells.

I also love seeing that they do get some sort of teleporting. They don't seem to have offensive types of healing, but more support and group placement healing. I don't see any dots which is a disappointment, but overall they still seem quite interesting. Hopefully I don't regret maining them.

The pet to me looks like some sort of "stance bar" where you can choose to spend this specific spell in different benefits or detrimental, but only "one at a time".

I'm a bit confused by the "pet aspect" of both the shaman and the druid, but I guess the druid is really not a pet at all but a visual for his bless/curse alike system.

To me indirect healing here is designed in a way you invoque effects and benefits that will result in healing later, at some extend, etc...

People foresaw the druid as a "nuker that heals a portion of his damage done", ala discipline priest wow (current era), but it would have broken the need to actually choose to heal with a spell instead of doing both at the same time, I like the idea of making it a conditionnal / positionnal healer, especially with the tree looking like a major cooldown.

What the hell are Verdanfire things ? *curious*

• 749 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:34 PM PDT

I didn't notice that with the rez between cleric and shaman. Hopefully that isn't all the spells because if so, the druid not having a rez is going to hinder the group finding a lot with just that aspect alone, unless druids can have a way easier time getting everyones corpses out. I also found it interesting that the cleric is healer/support, the shaman is healer/support, and druid is healer/support/utility.

• 749 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:37 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Watemper said:

To me indirect healing here is designed in a way you invoque effects and benefits that will result in healing later, at some extend, etc...

People foresaw the druid as a "nuker that heals a portion of his damage done", ala discipline priest wow (current era), but it would have broken the need to actually choose to heal with a spell instead of doing both at the same time, I like the idea of making it a conditionnal / positionnal healer, especially with the tree looking like a major cooldown.

The pet to me looks like some sort of "stance bar" where you can choose to spend this specific spell in different benefits or detrimental, but only "one at a time".

I'm a bit confused by the "pet aspect" of both the shaman and the druid, but I guess the druid is really not a pet at all but a visual for his bless/curse alike system.

What the hell are Verdanfire things ? *curious*

Yea I don't mind that in terms of healing, but they need dots imo..that is what made druids able to multi task with hyper aggressive groups with being able to dot and heal.

Edit: Block quotes messed me up

This post was edited by Watemper at July 11, 2018 2:40 PM PDT
  • Wig
    • 180 posts
    July 11, 2018 4:45 PM PDT
    It shows all 3 healers as being healer, support, utility.
    • 26 posts
    July 11, 2018 4:51 PM PDT

Watemper said:

I didn't notice that with the rez between cleric and shaman. Hopefully that isn't all the spells because if so, the druid not having a rez is going to hinder the group finding a lot with just that aspect alone, unless druids can have a way easier time getting everyones corpses out. I also found it interesting that the cleric is healer/support, the shaman is healer/support, and druid is healer/support/utility.

They sorta have a rez with Hirode's Chrysalis. 

• 1598 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:25 PM PDT

Except that it doesn't help if the person was already dead, such as you get invited into a party that lost their healer or if some random person is just looking for a resurrection.

• Wig
    • 180 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:31 PM PDT
    I’m a bit confused by Hirode’s Chrysalis whether it removes aggro upon the shield being activated. If it does, then it could act as wipe protection. Maybe similar to WoW paladins divine intervention.
    • 264 posts
    July 11, 2018 5:58 PM PDT

brandon said:

They sorta have a rez with Hirode's Chrysalis. 

That is definitely not a rez. That was an ability that both the Defiler and Mystic (Shamans) in EQ2 had. It is very useful but difficult to time. It is a pretty amazing ability when used correctly. I would be shocked if the druids do not have a rez. Perhaps VR is not sure yet. 

This post was edited by Ithaca at July 11, 2018 5:58 PM PDT
    • 23 posts
    July 11, 2018 8:42 PM PDT

Sounds like Druids DO have a "secondary resource" to build. I'm sthinking the tronger the storm in the area, the more powerfull the effects of Storm Warden / Storm Keeper. In the descripiton, it says Druids weild the power to comand the weather itself. So perhaps the more a Druid uses their abilities, the more powerful the weather effects in the area, and the better the bonuses they get from it.

So it should read Combat Resources: Mana, Weather.

• 264 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:40 AM PDT

drakebrimstone said:

Sounds like Druids DO have a "secondary resource" to build. I'm sthinking the tronger the storm in the area, the more powerfull the effects of Storm Warden / Storm Keeper. In the descripiton, it says Druids weild the power to comand the weather itself. So perhaps the more a Druid uses their abilities, the more powerful the weather effects in the area, and the better the bonuses they get from it.

So it should read Combat Resources: Mana, Weather.

I doubt it. Druid are affected by storm thanks to Storm Warden passive: While a storm is active in the area, you will receive an X% bonus to the healing and damage you deal with abilities. We do not know yet how Druid create storm (couple of spell, single spell, other ressource tied to the Fox/druid synergy). 

I feel like the Druid gameplay with the fox is going to be very dynamic and a ressource is not necessary. Maybe VR will tie a ressource to it because every class has one but I doubt it. I feel like the fox is pretty much the ressource. If druid want to play correctly, they will need to micro manage the fox at all times during the fight. That is pretty much like managing a ressource to me. 

• 749 posts
    July 12, 2018 12:07 PM PDT

The class still looks quite unique and fun, but the two main things I wanted was rez and enviromental spells. We got something with storms...thats about it. I was hoping for some cool area effects that change the enviroment and such. As for rez  they have nothing that really indicates that they get rezes. Will have to see if that is all they get or not. Hopefully more spells get released for druid because the two big things druids needed to be sought after is weather effects, and a rez. So dissapointment in those areas soo far, but we will see.

• 1589 posts
    July 12, 2018 1:56 PM PDT

In the end, they could have built a gauge that fills throught healing and debuffing, and that determine for how long the Verdanfire tree could be maintained.

I like the idea of dynamic timer hidden behind gauges, much more than static cooldowns that are less adaptative.