Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

VR state of funding

This topic has been closed.
    • 10 posts
    July 1, 2018 8:59 AM PDT

What is the state of funding for Pantheon at this time? Have they secured enough money to fund the project through release? If not, how much more money is needed to reach that state?

• 1281 posts
    July 1, 2018 9:11 AM PDT

We are not privy to that sort of information.  That being said, they have relatively recently, within the last few months, hired additional employees to perform various jobs on getting Pantheon ready, so I would guess that they are doing ok.

• 287 posts
    July 1, 2018 9:47 AM PDT
    Anyone have a wealthy relative that could provide series B funding?!
    • 189 posts
    July 1, 2018 9:56 AM PDT

They have completed Series A funding. https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5934/series-a-funding-for-pantheon-is-now-complete

No updates on any more "Series" Funding. However, from what I've seen from the years of waiting for Pantheon, there have been a steady increase in pledges. They have amazing streams that show the content and the enormous amount of progress they have made. Their class releases for the Tanks and the Melee type classes have also added significant hype to the game, further increasing pledges.

The amount of people who have pledged and are playing in Pre-Alpha shows the amount of support the community has given to this game. And come Alpha, you're going to see a massive increase in players and activity on the forums. Their newsletters also give us some details of new VR team members. Sometimes you'll find in the newsletter they state these people have actually been part of the team for several months, but they couldn't give any details because it would give away some spoilers. So they probably have already hired on more people, but we just don't know about it yet ;)

Some key things to look for to know its on a steady path to a successful release is:

• The new forums/website: This has been in the works for a little while now, but it's suppose to be much cleaner, easier to navigate, and I've heard some talks about the classes and races pages given more detail about each.
    • Alpha release date: They've stated previously they want a decent amount of time in each stage to really comb out the bugs in the game and give it a solid foundation to build on. Some have heard they intended on doing 3 phases for Pre-Alpha, and in their previous newsletter they said they have just entered PA3. Speculations are Alpha is just around the corner!
    • Class/Race updates: As you see currently on their site, there are only so many details about specific classes and races. More details are slowly being released. The more details released, the better! It shows they have steady progress with not only the world and the content, but character creation as well! Character creation is so important in a game.
    • Newsletters: We got one newsletter each month. If you don't see a newsletter one month, either they are very very hard at work to push a certain deadline that they couldn't release a newsletter on time... OR something isn't going as planned. I always look for Newsletters each month. These show me progress and that the VR team is still actively working on making the most anticipated MMO (for me anyways).
    • 1120 posts
    July 1, 2018 11:11 AM PDT

fancy said:

They have completed Series A funding. https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5934/series-a-funding-for-pantheon-is-now-complete

No updates on any more "Series" Funding. However, from what I've seen from the years of waiting for Pantheon, there have been a steady increase in pledges. They have amazing streams that show the content and the enormous amount of progress they have made. Their class releases for the Tanks and the Melee type classes have also added significant hype to the game, further increasing pledges.

The amount of people who have pledged and are playing in Pre-Alpha shows the amount of support the community has given to this game. And come Alpha, you're going to see a massive increase in players and activity on the forums. Their newsletters also give us some details of new VR team members. Sometimes you'll find in the newsletter they state these people have actually been part of the team for several months, but they couldn't give any details because it would give away some spoilers. So they probably have already hired on more people, but we just don't know about it yet ;)

Some key things to look for to know its on a steady path to a successful release is:

• The new forums/website: This has been in the works for a little while now, but it's suppose to be much cleaner, easier to navigate, and I've heard some talks about the classes and races pages given more detail about each.
    • Alpha release date: They've stated previously they want a decent amount of time in each stage to really comb out the bugs in the game and give it a solid foundation to build on. Some have heard they intended on doing 3 phases for Pre-Alpha, and in their previous newsletter they said they have just entered PA3. Speculations are Alpha is just around the corner!
    • Class/Race updates: As you see currently on their site, there are only so many details about specific classes and races. More details are slowly being released. The more details released, the better! It shows they have steady progress with not only the world and the content, but character creation as well! Character creation is so important in a game.
    • Newsletters: We got one newsletter each month. If you don't see a newsletter one month, either they are very very hard at work to push a certain deadline that they couldn't release a newsletter on time... OR something isn't going as planned. I always look for Newsletters each month. These show me progress and that the VR team is still actively working on making the most anticipated MMO (for me anyways).

Well said. 

• 66 posts
    July 1, 2018 5:45 PM PDT

bryanleo9 said: Anyone have a wealthy relative that could provide series B funding?!

Nah, gotta wait for them to die off before the inheritance. Should be enough time for that before release.

Totally kidding. Just seemed like an opening for a bad joke about Pantheon taking too long. Those are still popular, right?

Personally, I'm quite pleased with VR's progress. I understand the argument though, since every day without Pantheon is one too many. *twitch*

I wish I had more money to throw at them regardless of its impact on their schedule.

• 9115 posts
    July 1, 2018 5:53 PM PDT

I am going o go ahead and close this, folks. I appreciate the interest but we have already explained our stance on discussing company financial matters and the privacy of our investors.

Typing "Funding" into the search function will populate the page with 8 results: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/search?query=Funding&type=forum_topic&submit=

Feel free to have a read through those threads and join in if you like, keeping in mind we will rarely reply to questions about finances for legal and privacy reasons.