Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Any tips?

• 33 posts
    June 28, 2018 8:48 PM PDT

On how to stop checking this damn website everyday because I'll randomly become bored and get excited about this game?

• 2074 posts
    June 28, 2018 9:35 PM PDT

Here ya' go!

A great hobby, and there's enough kits available to keep you occupied until Brad's grandchildren release an MMO

:D

• 844 posts
    June 29, 2018 8:26 AM PDT

When I was playing EQ1 back in the early 2000's, SoE had started to **** it up because the original team that created it were gone. Brad and Co. anounced work on Vanguard in 2003. I jumped on their new forum site immediately to keep in the loop on progress.

3 years later in 2006 limping out of beta it got released- badly. It was not yet really done but the money was gone and once again SoE swooped in to grab up the remains. 3 years, with a lot of people working on it I had waited. I thought that was brutal then.

Pantheon has a smaller team now, and some fairly inexperienced new people working on it. It's already been almost 3 years? And looking at a few more? MMOs are mostly about content. Content takes a lot of creation time, and usually lots of builders.