Forums » Pantheon Races

Race locations related to classes specifically ranger

• 38 posts
    June 21, 2018 4:30 PM PDT

Ok i have a few questions. From what more or less the map has shown up (i know its outdated and subject to change same as the lore). the human/elves/halflings will be in the same continent and the dwarves/archai/gnomes will be in another, same with ogre/darkmy/skar. my question is i know that not all races can play each class but why are we putting all the races that can play the ranger class to be only played in the kingsreach continent?

That is very limiting to people that wanna play different races (good/neutral) but have a someone that wants to be a ranger no matter what. I'm not saying we shouldnt need to walk to meet up because if everyone is different than thats gonna happen but game starting wise traveling to a diferent continent should and will be pretty hard from what i've read and seen on streams so lets say most of my friends wanna play dwarf, gnome and archai (no one wants to be human), but have 1 person wanting to be ranger he will have to "find a way" starting the game to move to whitemaw continent to play with us or all of us go to him, thats assuming there will be boats and that hoping the ride won't cost anything to travel all being lvl 1 and all. 

Is this something thats being addressed by VR? will there be a race moving to the whitemaw continent or will a race be able to start on 2 different continents so that its available in both? ex. humans in qeynos and freeport on EQ1 and EQOA. dosen't have to be humans btw can be different elves or halflings. 

any info would be much appreciated :)

• 768 posts
    June 21, 2018 8:34 PM PDT

If I'm not mistaking they will have items, spells or abilities ingame that can summon a groupmember. I don't know if that is level related but that could help out. 

Personally, it make sense to me that not every race can play every class...and as a lore consequence you can not roll a certain class in a certain part of the world. Because the history around that class is not present in that region of the Terminus. 

Like you said, those that badly want to play a race or class that is spacially distant of that of their friends will find a way or decide that friends are more important than the class their playing with. At least for the time being. Perhaps an alternative character might solve that issue for him/her. 

Then again, if you roll a race that is able to play a ranger and move to the region in the world of your friends, you might miss out on opportunities for questlines specific for your class. That too sounds a very reasonable scenario for the Dev's to create. For example to advance in your abilities or skills you need to find a certain npc in that specific region of the world. Or perhaps venture the wild to find resources or items to create a class specific armor/weapon.  If you'ld just stick to your friends region and group, that will be fun but you might miss out on all that. For what I'm reading, exploration and finding specific npc's in the world will be a thing in this game. So traveling alone or in group will be a big part as you progress through the content and your class specific storyline.

People can correct me if I'm wrong on this of course.

• 38 posts
    June 21, 2018 9:06 PM PDT
    Im totally with u with the class/race with im just saying a lvl 1 continent travel might be impossible or super hard and that only 1 continent contains all the ranger class races is wierd when there will be a 3rd continent with good/neutral races
    • 77 posts
    June 21, 2018 11:22 PM PDT

Not that I like bringing up Warcraft, but I like how they handled this.  At release only certain races could be certain classes, but as time progressed, they opened up some of the classes to new races.  This is how I would think it would be, initially the cows couldn't be priests and paladins, but after years of fighting next to ones of different races they gained the ability to train as them.

• 38 posts
    June 22, 2018 12:01 AM PDT
    I would not like that tho mallanb8. Again its only because 1 class is stuck on 1 continent because of position they have chosen for certain races there are alot more ways to solve this issue than to give races more classes that would take away from lore and your personal character choosing which gives flavor to the game.
    • 77 posts
    June 22, 2018 3:17 AM PDT

give races more classes that would take away from lore and your personal character choosing which gives flavor to the game.

I look at it more as building in more lore than taking away.  It seems though that folks want this game to be believable, immersive, things like that, up until it comes to these kinds of things.  Look around the world, things spread through other cultures after time, why wouldn't classes.  It's not just this either folks get all crazy about.  Look at maps, they don't want maps, having maps are unbelievable is kills immersion, but everyone gets a nifty ability called sense heading that lets them know their latitude and longitude at any time, right, they have magical gps, but not smart enough to draw a map.  I just think any world should grow, have the ability to change, otherwise it's just gonna get stale I think.

• 1399 posts
    June 22, 2018 7:01 AM PDT

I find it troubling with all the games out there holding players hands and fixing "problems" for them that people come to a new game offering the promise of no hand holding and start requesting hand holding.

If your not willing to solve this "problem" yourself,  or you just HAVE to play with your friends from level 1 and are afraid to make the journey and pay the price then don't play a Ranger. 

But please don't come asking them to normalize the classes across the world so that anybody can be anything... that already available to you on WoW and so many others.

This post was edited by Zorkon at June 22, 2018 7:12 AM PDT
    • 77 posts
    June 22, 2018 11:51 AM PDT

hand holding

There it is, the word folks use on this forum when someone suggests something they don't like,  Hand holding, in Final Fantasy XIV forums it was toxic and salty.  Even if something is available in WoW, why not at least consider it here, I'm not asking for quest markers and all that, just that the world can change, like it should.  After a few years of fighting next monks, isn't it believable that say an elf might want to train as one, and I'm not saying make it available at launch, like maybe 2 or 3 expansions down the road.  I understand that people want a remake of EQ, but come on, keep an open mind some features that weren't available or even thought up when that game was launched can actaully add to games and make them better.

• 38 posts
    June 22, 2018 12:07 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

I find it troubling with all the games out there holding players hands and fixing "problems" for them that people come to a new game offering the promise of no hand holding and start requesting hand holding.

If your not willing to solve this "problem" yourself,  or you just HAVE to play with your friends from level 1 and are afraid to make the journey and pay the price then don't play a Ranger. 

But please don't come asking them to normalize the classes across the world so that anybody can be anything... that already available to you on WoW and so many others.

Dude have you read anything i posted? How am i asking to be handheld? Did i ask them to normalize classes? I pointed out something that is weird and maybe developers had not noticed and asked questions about it. Lol "Pay they price" we dont even know what the price is, they havent said anything yet and they might not say anything either, when the game is ready to come out dont worry about it ill solve the problem like i always have if i wanna play a ranger or a buddy of mine does and i have to cross a continent ill do it, becuase thats what i want or he wants to play. my questions were related to the weirdness of having 1 class and the only class stuck to a single continent in the game because of the race arangement in map.

P.S. If you dont have anything actually constructive or positive to say keep it to yourself because it's very closed minded, plus your coming out as a ****. This is still a game in development, its precisely the time to ask and point out this kind of stuff out, so they can build the best game they can, even if that means that there will be no change to it.

This post was edited by Servirus at June 22, 2018 12:08 PM PDT
    • 1399 posts
    June 22, 2018 1:15 PM PDT

I've read everything you posted. And for me to remain quiet when somebody request something I feel would be detrimental to the game (such as every class available on every contenent. You may just be talking Ranger but next Clerics and all other classes would of course need the same treatment so your request is not just for rangers.) And for me to NOT speak up would be a disservice to the game. And if I risk sounding like an ass to do so then so be it. It's WHY I supported pantheon, not for early access, not for name reservation, not for a backpack or an in game ring. It was so that I could speak up if I seen something suggested that I felt was going to take away from the game. And I will continue to do so up to the day Kilsin bans me for being an "ass".

So you may consider my comments not "constructive" and when it comes to your suggestion you are correct... they weren't. They weren't intended to be. 

• 2752 posts
    June 22, 2018 2:15 PM PDT

Servirus said:

Ok i have a few questions. From what more or less the map has shown up (i know its outdated and subject to change same as the lore). the human/elves/halflings will be in the same continent and the dwarves/archai/gnomes will be in another, same with ogre/darkmy/skar. my question is i know that not all races can play each class but why are we putting all the races that can play the ranger class to be only played in the kingsreach continent?

That is very limiting to people that wanna play different races (good/neutral) but have a someone that wants to be a ranger no matter what. I'm not saying we shouldnt need to walk to meet up because if everyone is different than thats gonna happen but game starting wise traveling to a diferent continent should and will be pretty hard from what i've read and seen on streams so lets say most of my friends wanna play dwarf, gnome and archai (no one wants to be human), but have 1 person wanting to be ranger he will have to "find a way" starting the game to move to whitemaw continent to play with us or all of us go to him, thats assuming there will be boats and that hoping the ride won't cost anything to travel all being lvl 1 and all. 

Is this something thats being addressed by VR? will there be a race moving to the whitemaw continent or will a race be able to start on 2 different continents so that its available in both? ex. humans in qeynos and freeport on EQ1 and EQOA. dosen't have to be humans btw can be different elves or halflings. 

To me that is a feature. Much like EQ, if you played an Iksar and wanted to group with friends on the mainland then you'd be SOL if you needed to train/buy spells or even use the bank (and often sell at all). It's just something you had to keep in mind and plan for.

In your case perhaps you should have your friends join you in Kingsreach. 

• 38 posts
    June 22, 2018 2:33 PM PDT

Zorkon said:

I've read everything you posted. And for me to remain quiet when somebody request something I feel would be detrimental to the game (such as every class available on every contenent. You may just be talking Ranger but next Clerics and all other classes would of course need the same treatment so your request is not just for rangers.) And for me to NOT speak up would be a disservice to the game. And if I risk sounding like an ass to do so then so be it. It's WHY I supported pantheon, not for early access, not for name reservation, not for a backpack or an in game ring. It was so that I could speak up if I seen something suggested that I felt was going to take away from the game. And I will continue to do so up to the day Kilsin bans me for being an "ass".

So you may consider my comments not "constructive" and when it comes to your suggestion you are correct... they weren't. They weren't intended to be. 

You say you read, but I think you read what you wanted and are spilling your guts on what you think you read in a very close minded way. In both of the actual existing continents or islands however you wanna call it, be it (good/neutral) or evil, their repective classes appear on them (look at the actual map and class/race combination). I'm no saying put every class in every continent im saying if 2 of them have it like that already maybe the 3 should match, meaning that since its gonna be a second good/neutral continent or island it should have respresentation of it classes with the specific race that are already announced. Again I repeat myself (not to add clases to a race) that was not my answer to the problem nor did i suggest that). but for example they could switch 2 races (1 race from each) on the 2 islands or continents keep it all the same and ranger would appear there. (I'm not saying thats what should be done either I'm not visionary Realms) I just pointed that out and see what answer they will come up with for it. (they might not do anything) So plz chill because I'm not trying to ruin your game... Also you have no idea why I pledged, how long ago or why I wanna play this game so don't make yourself a martyr when you are like the rest of us. I get it its your opinion. I really dont care I've said and explained all I need too (those who get it will get it and those who don't won't). If you wanna keep complaining thats fine with me. I didnt make this forum topic for you I made it for everyone and at the end of the day the answer I want and will get will be from VR, if not now then eventually.

This post was edited by Servirus at June 22, 2018 2:39 PM PDT
    • 38 posts
    June 22, 2018 3:03 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Servirus said:

To me that is a feature. Much like EQ, if you played an Iksar and wanted to group with friends on the mainland then you'd be SOL if you needed to train/buy spells or even use the bank (and often sell at all). It's just something you had to keep in mind and plan for.

In your case perhaps you should have your friends join you in Kingsreach. 

I'm not saying thats not an option, It was just an observation. I get the whole EQ Iksar thing. I just pointed that out as it seemed weird with how they were building the 3 race per island or continent. you are right we might have to all start human or most of us Human and some may be able to start elf or halfling. Im just saying like that my example in my last post (the switching a race in continent) might give people a bit more options on what they might play as a race when game starts there will still be limitations (lets say someone wants want human and the other dwarve itll be impossible with continent crossing/ same as halfling and oger will have a tough time, because of being evil and good at game start) but people might be able to compromise (on the good/ neutral side) and maybe switch to some other race that dosen't have to be human. Im saying this because this will still happen anyways with all other classes ranger was just the odd man in the equation. Just to be clear I'm not even the one that wants to be ranger from my friends (im playing shaman or summoner) but when we were talking class/race options that came up and since he can't pledge even tho he wants to, I gave him a voice to see what VR says and work our way into what we will have to do when game starts. If nothing changes ill still play the game and work with it lol people just getting mad for pointing this lil thing out.

This post was edited by Servirus at June 22, 2018 3:07 PM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    June 24, 2018 10:18 AM PDT

There have been a ton of different threads about why class or race X starts in location Y and how some don't like that someone who picks a different race might start far away.

I think at this point we all have to understand that we might have to lvl up a bit, likely solo for the first few lvls at least, before we are able to travel to another area far away. You might group with some other players along the way before you can group with your friend. 

Since this is a group first game where community matters, if you are grouping exclusivily with the same player or players you aren't participating in the community as much as you would otherwise. 

I think there might be people who want their significant other to play with them...who might not be super into it and who only wants to play with their spouse.  I'm not sure a game that is advertised as being challenging and trying to harken back to a first gen mmo plasystyle is a good fit for someone who only wants to play because someone else talked them into it.  It might end up being more frustrating than most with things like corpse runs and exp loss and difficult encounters.