Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Time to time out

• 844 posts
    June 18, 2018 9:16 AM PDT

Ok we need to start timing out people that are over-using verbose wordy terminology such as "SITUATIONAL AWARENESS", "QUATERNITY", "Group Inter-depenance", Synergy.

Starting with Brad.

I swear every time I hear him say "situational awareness" now, it triggers me. Put a dollar in the jar Brad.

:)

This post was edited by zewtastic at August 5, 2018 12:41 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    June 18, 2018 9:28 AM PDT

Larger words tend to have fewer meanings making the message far more clear than the vagueness of small words.  I say Brad can keep his dollar.

• 40 posts
    June 18, 2018 9:40 AM PDT

Hopefully we don't get too scared of words.  Would make the lore of the game very bland to experience.

• 49 posts
    June 18, 2018 9:41 AM PDT

I use situational awareness quite a bit. Thank the military and my line of work. And be honest with yourself, more gamers need it.

• 190 posts
    June 18, 2018 11:44 AM PDT

Nevron said:

I use situational awareness quite a bit. Thank the military and my line of work. And be honest with yourself, more gamers need it.

Agreed.

• 191 posts
    June 18, 2018 2:27 PM PDT

I like words of all sizes; include me in the verbosity column.

Those are, in particular, good catch phrases for that man.  Repeat them often, Brad.

• 752 posts
    June 18, 2018 2:35 PM PDT

Was that Quadternity or Quarterternity? Quadraticternity?

• 191 posts
    June 18, 2018 2:40 PM PDT

kreed99 said:

Was that Quadternity or Quarterternity? Quadraticternity?

I'm not sure if you're pulling a joke, but just in case it's: Quaternity

Meaning "a set of four" referring to the four group roles that the game's being designed around; Tank, Healing, Damage, and Crowd Control.

The term was coined to contrast with the traditional "Trinity" meaning "a set of three" that refers to the classic three group roles: Tank, Healing, and Damage.

This post was edited by Shai at June 18, 2018 2:48 PM PDT
    • 96 posts
    June 18, 2018 3:43 PM PDT

I think "Situational Awareness" is a good way to go, it's the lesser-utilized phrase.

People hear "PAY ATTENTION" so often that you'd have to add a string of expletives to get them to...pay attention.

• 752 posts
    June 19, 2018 1:59 PM PDT

Ya it was a joke. They were debating it on one of the vods and Brad had to spell it out for us. lol

• 643 posts
    June 20, 2018 10:17 AM PDT

zewtastic said:

Ok we need to start timing out people that are over-using verbose wordy terminology such as "SITUATIONAL AWARENESS", "QUATERNITY".

Starting with Brad.

I swear every time I hear him say "situational awareness" now, it triggers me. Put a dollar in the jar Brad.

:)

Although this was meant tongue-in-cheek,  situational awareness is one of my current buzz word phrases because it seems to me everyone is oblivious.

In traffic, no clue that you've got 30 cars stacked up behind you while you drive along under the speed limit with your blinker on

Standing in a crowded mall  blocking everyone trying to get around you

Everywhere i go I see people oblivious and it impinges on other people.  I constantly mutter "situational awareness" a dozen times a day.

• 363 posts
    June 30, 2018 9:16 PM PDT

I use situational awareness in public bathrooms and quaternity at friends parties. What's the problem?

• 168 posts
    July 29, 2018 7:29 PM PDT

When my guild raided in WoW; we always had that one person that had S.A.D. ; Situational Awareness Disorder. Stuff like standing in the circle of unhealthiness, dodging an attack and falling off an edge, etc.