Forums » News and Announcements

Class Reveals & Game Updates Highlight the June Newsletter

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    June 13, 2018 9:48 AM PDT

Tanks a lot! This month we reveal the Blood-thirsty Direlord, the stalwart Paladin, and the inspiring and tireless Warrior. Also: Joppa gives some behind-the-scenes content and updates about the game, in our new feature— Underwraps. Head on in and check it out: 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2018_june_intro/

This post was edited by Roenick at June 13, 2018 9:50 AM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:02 AM PDT

Cheers ! Awesome work as usual.

• 595 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:15 AM PDT

So cool, thanks VR!

• 19 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:26 AM PDT

Be interesting to see how the Tanks play out in game. Without knowing the system and mechanics in place to ensure Tank equality it is hard to gage. From experience the tank with the purest form of mitigation usually wins out. 

Dire Lord - Mail Armor

Paladin - Plate Armor

Warrior Plate Armor + Shield + AC Buff

From the Read here are my untested first impressions. 

Warrior the be all end all damage mitigator. 

Paladin Undead Killing Machine and Best at AoE encounters. 

Dire Lord Highest Potential Damage, Bane of Magic based encounters. 

• 35 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:30 AM PDT

Welcome to the team, Jimmy Lane!

Love to hear your passion for the game and genre.  Hoping you can bring back some of that old style MMO playing and experience to the game.

Love to hear your story about camping that scurvy pirate.  Here is to more of that in Pantheon!

/cheers

• 17 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:32 AM PDT

YAAAASSSSS DIRELORD!!!So excited about this class. Thank you.

• 441 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:43 AM PDT

Most exciting, thanks for putting this together =-)

• 200 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:49 AM PDT

Enjoyed the read!!  Thanks and looking forward to seeing it all come to life.

• 844 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:51 AM PDT

New Race Icons.

Archai.

• 85 posts
    June 13, 2018 11:20 AM PDT
    Thank you!

Direlord looks amazing! Looking forward to the caster classes.
    • 441 posts
    June 13, 2018 11:26 AM PDT

Will the Necro and Direlord share skill flavors? Someone looking for something Dark is going to love this class. Of the 3 Tanks classes, Pally calls to me most. After reading the skills I am sold. 

• 49 posts
    June 13, 2018 11:52 AM PDT

xaices said:

Be interesting to see how the Tanks play out in game. Without knowing the system and mechanics in place to ensure Tank equality it is hard to gage. From experience the tank with the purest form of mitigation usually wins out.  

I agree for the most part. I'm curious to see how player skill will impact the tank tiers. Typically, the pure mitigation tank is the easiest to play with the lowest barrier to entry. Though there are times where that pure mitigation tank is surpasses by "lesser" tanks through player skill by knowing when and how to most effectively use certain skills. 

Maybe not the best example, but take the Dire Lord's Dark Revenge passive: a skilled/situationally aware player will know when they're critically hit and what skills to use in a given situation to maximize their health return. Your average pure mitigation tank playing on that "lesser" likely won't get the most efficient use of that ability on a regular basis. Those are the types of skills in my opinion that, when used by skilled players, will make those "lesser" tanks superior to pure mitigation tanks. 

We'll have to see how it pans out!

• 259 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:14 PM PDT

I am excited the most for the Paladin. It sounds like a true Paladin to the core. Can't wait to try this class.

• 1479 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:17 PM PDT

Scared to see a non-platemail tank but let's see how things get tuned before ! (No shield, no plate? must have tremendous bonuses...)

• 64 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:50 PM PDT
    As someone that had always played the "dark, evil melee" type, I planned on breaking tradition and switching over to give enchanter a go- but the Dire Lord looks so enticing I may have to rethink that :) Can't wait for alpha so I can see how they play and feel in-game!
    • 441 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:55 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Scared to see a non-platemail tank but let's see how things get tuned before ! (No shield, no plate? must have tremendous bonuses...)

My Valewalker in DAoC did an awesome job tanking in cloth. Was the most fun I had playing a tank. 

• 15 posts
    June 13, 2018 1:32 PM PDT

Great job on the newsletter, as always. I really appreciate the new addition of Underwraps. It's nice to have some insight on what the team is working on.. plus, more ratkin art ♥

A small, miniscule typo bit, but on the underwraps page, there's this "I take this role very seriously - I enjoy it immensely, but I also recognizing the importance of doing it well."

Shouldn't it be "..I am also recognizing.." or "..I also recognize.."

Or maybe I'm ijust reading it wrong.

• 3016 posts
    June 13, 2018 2:05 PM PDT

Ooh that Ogre is something else! Nice! :) And Faerthale...wowzers. :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at June 13, 2018 2:23 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    June 13, 2018 2:06 PM PDT

Revjak said:

Welcome to the team, Jimmy Lane!

Love to hear your passion for the game and genre.  Hoping you can bring back some of that old style MMO playing and experience to the game.

Love to hear your story about camping that scurvy pirate.  Here is to more of that in Pantheon!

/cheers

Indeed welcome to our new world builder Jimmy Lane!!

• 1095 posts
    June 13, 2018 3:32 PM PDT

I can see half of these being nerfed.

Paladin seems ok, Dire Lord is more like a vampire BloodMage.

We will see in testing I guess.

Good work otherwise.

This post was edited by Aich at June 14, 2018 7:21 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    June 13, 2018 4:14 PM PDT

DId I read that right? Was Jimmy lane taught by Gnomes?!

Did he say he went to a Gnomish school, or a school of the gnomonomicon somethingorother!?

*blink*

• 441 posts
    June 13, 2018 4:51 PM PDT

Where is my manners =-\ Welcome Jimmy!

• 42 posts
    June 13, 2018 4:53 PM PDT

This sounds amazing!  So excited for Dire Lord and now I'm tempted Paladin!  Pantheon is delivering!

• 223 posts
    June 13, 2018 4:54 PM PDT

Love the news, well done.  The only problem is that I'm not playing. I am really exited to try some of these tanks classes, specially the paladin although there should be an option for it as al elf :)

Oh.. and can we have the next reveal sooner than later? like next weekend as an unexpected surprise!! *perks ear*

• 39 posts
    June 13, 2018 5:11 PM PDT

Good progress in this update it's looking really nice.