Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

RiP P99

• 769 posts
    June 8, 2018 3:01 PM PDT

Ha. Tricked you with the subject line, didn't I?

Howdy!

Just a friendly call to anyone who plays on the P99 Everquest server that might also be looking for a guild. I'm an officer of an up-and-coming, friendly and social guild called Rest in Peace, and it would be AWESOME if I could add some Pantheon forum folks into the ranks. If you find yourself running around and looking for a good group of folks to do some dungeon runs with, give me a /tell. 

Vaynard - 44 Paladin

Ketilron - 25 Rogue

Firos - 21 Wizard

Kotyr - 20 Ranger

I bring this up because of the seemingly upsurge in folks I've seen mention how they've recently started on the P99 server. Both old hats and folks trying EQ for the first time. Even if you're not interested in the guild, I'm always looking for new pals!

This post was edited by Tralyan at June 8, 2018 3:54 PM PDT
    • 303 posts
    June 18, 2018 8:04 PM PDT

Hey, I'd be interested to join :)

I'm a complete everquest noob and I'm sure to ask lots of annoying questions.

- Gamgam 8 Druid

UPDATE:

I ran across the guildmaster by chance and bullied them into inviting me :P /wave

This post was edited by Spluffen at June 18, 2018 8:51 PM PDT
    • 1479 posts
    June 19, 2018 5:59 AM PDT

Goddam trick here.

I'll throw an eye if I reinstall eqplat for some good ol' play.

• 769 posts
    June 19, 2018 10:37 AM PDT

Spluffen said:

Hey, I'd be interested to join :)

I'm a complete everquest noob and I'm sure to ask lots of annoying questions.

- Gamgam 8 Druid

UPDATE:

I ran across the guildmaster by chance and bullied them into inviting me :P /wave

I was wondering who Gamgam was last night! Welcome!

• 303 posts
    June 19, 2018 11:31 PM PDT

I'm here to write a follow-up as to why people should join this guild. I've had a great experience so far and this guild have all been more than welcoming!

Yesterday when I joined the guild, some kind soul had met me in Qeynos and took me on a trip to somewhere where the half elves start out (I forgot the name of the area). The kind soul person, however, went his merry way and I ran around exploring the area. It dawned on me after a while that I didn't like it there and I tried to leave for Freeport which resulted in my death over and over, losing half a level of experience in the process. As I accepted that I was stranded, while killing shadow wolves or whatever they were, I ran into the guild master of RiP (completely by chance). I bugged them to let me join the guild as I had just read this post and was promtly invited.

It didn't take long after that, maybe 10 shadow wolves, before a player in the guild (I believe it is a bard) called Clamor asked if I wanted to level with his alt. I was then taken through glorious wall climbing to the commonlands which I had seen on youtube (it's where everyone meet to trade, apparently) and we went to adventure there. He taught me how to navigate the interface in general, put my character on /follow etc., I then proceeded to strip both of his alts clean of useful equipment and was suddenly feeling very powerful (I'm just a thief like that). After all of that, we decided to go to the dwarf area to kill orcs. At that point, another person in the guild called Getratcheted whispered me, luckily he was able to teleport us to the area we were going. The two of them then showed me more of the interface, gave me handy tips, gave me platinum coins (the most valuable coins in the game) and absolutely pampered me in general.

Big thanks to the both of them! I recommend both trying p99 and joining Rest in Peace. //Gamgam 13 Druid

Edit: some text was cut off, I believe I ruined it with brackets

This post was edited by Spluffen at June 21, 2018 1:00 AM PDT
    • 769 posts
    June 20, 2018 3:37 PM PDT

Man, Spluffen, that was awesome to read. Thank you. I'm glad your time in RiP has been enjoyable. 

Looking forward to seeing more of you in-game. So much more to do in Norrath!

This post was edited by Tralyan at June 20, 2018 3:37 PM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    June 21, 2018 10:10 AM PDT

I thought about making a Monk.

• 81 posts
    June 23, 2018 3:12 PM PDT

I enjoyed my journey from 1-11 as a bard, but then I realized that everyone else was mostly rolling bards, too, so I began to feel less like I could be productive in a group (I don't just want XP, you see, I want my contribution to matter!) and ended up... well... Classic WoW is what my friends are playing, so that's what I'm playing, too. Ah, the perils of having younger friends.

• 303 posts
    June 25, 2018 12:31 AM PDT

wizen said:

I enjoyed my journey from 1-11 as a bard, but then I realized that everyone else was mostly rolling bards, too, so I began to feel less like I could be productive in a group (I don't just want XP, you see, I want my contribution to matter!) and ended up... well... Classic WoW is what my friends are playing, so that's what I'm playing, too. Ah, the perils of having younger friends.

I have encountered lots of people who aren't bards, I'm sure you can find a group where you will bring something unique to the table! :) Otherwise, classic wow is a great game. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Well, unless you already played it to death. I did that on private servers for like 8 years now and it has gotten stale I guess, the sad truth about a game that isn't updated anymore.