Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What is your preferred role?

• 168 posts
    June 9, 2018 7:13 PM PDT

First off; Thank you for using ROLE in what I concider the correct form. Role = job or duty. It does not and never ever should have meant some damn soap opera or play acting. Ok, so now that my opinion is stated; my main is always a caster dps but the first alt is usually a healer. After that, my second alt is usually some form of off tank. To push it further, each toon needs to have at least a wee bit of CC capability. In Pantheon though, I am deeply concidering an actual CC class since this is not designed as a trinity but a quaternary. This is moreso because I tend to do what the 95% of the masses do not do.

• 303 posts
    June 10, 2018 10:21 PM PDT

I prefer to play a jack-of-all-trades support role, a character which is weaker than dedicated classes at their given roles but can adapt and help out the tank/healer/dps where needed.

This post was edited by Spluffen at June 10, 2018 10:21 PM PDT
    • 145 posts
    June 11, 2018 5:01 AM PDT
    While I’ve played all three types dps healer tank healing is my favorite because I’m better at it than the other two
    • 287 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:22 PM PDT
    This thread is promising with lots of healers checking in. Seems most people go DPS and healers and tanks are few and far between.
    • 49 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:33 PM PDT

Over the years I've pretty much done it all. These days I tend to gravitate toward tank or healer. Like someone else in this thread said, I trust myself with the more critical roles rather than leaving them up to others. Obviously that doesn't take guild play into account, but I've come to enjoy those critical roles and their inherent pressures in both PvE and PvP. Those tank reveals really got my attention.

This post was edited by Nevron at June 15, 2018 9:03 AM PDT
    • 2 posts
    June 14, 2018 11:08 AM PDT

Usually, Support / Healing... and some wandering in the Tank role :)

• 16 posts
    June 14, 2018 2:54 PM PDT

I've historically nearly always played Jack of all trades / support but the recent tank ability reveals have me very tempted by Warrior and Paladin.

EQ: Main Shaman, alt SK

Shadowbane: Weird PvP MMO, had too many classes, I played something Paladin like.

Warhammer Online: Shaman

Vanguard: Main Shaman, soo many max level alts, boxed a bard, first alt Cleric, favourite alt Warrior, also had Dread Lord and Monk at level cap.

Guild Wars: Main Necro (a jack of all trades class), alts Monk (actually a cleric type class) and Ritualist (sort of a shaman). This was a PvP game with very short leveling.

WoW: Main Shaman, alt Death Knight but I was close to switching between the two before I quit.

I'll probably start with Shaman for nostalgia and then go to either Warrior or Paladin.

This post was edited by DonRight at June 14, 2018 2:55 PM PDT
    • 49 posts
    June 14, 2018 4:12 PM PDT

DonRight said:

Shadowbane: Weird PvP MMO, had too many classes, I played something Paladin like.

Ah, Shadowbane. My beloved brutal entrance into the MMO-scape. 

Sounds like you played Crusader.

• 16 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:28 AM PDT

Nevron said:

DonRight said:

Ah, Shadowbane. My beloved brutal entrance into the MMO-scape. 

Sounds like you played Crusader.

Actually I think it was Prelate. Kind of the same but more buffs.

Yeah, that would have been a brutal entry way.

It seems Black Desert somewhat succeeded in becoming what Shadowbane tried to do. But damn it was a silly idea to have 31 classes with 0 balance at launch in a PvP game.

• 9 posts
    June 15, 2018 8:48 AM PDT
    In EQ I usually played a tank. In other games I always play tank or healer. The only exception was City of Heroes where I played a crowd control character. I've never run a DPS character for more than a few levels. I just like being helpful.
    • 129 posts
    June 15, 2018 11:11 PM PDT

Important in groups, lazy in raids, capable of killing virtually any mob/player solo that threatens me 1v1... Alas, my EQ Shaman probably won't exist here. So I will say I don't have any one playstyle, I will stick to support or DPS.