Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Time for a head count!

• 79 posts
    December 4, 2018 9:47 AM PST

I used to play PvP servers but the older I got the less I wanted to deal with the drama.  I only play PvE servers now.  I do enjoy the environment of RP servers and when I have rolled on them I am extremely respectful of the RP but I have never played a game where the RP rules are enforced 100% and it ends up with people being disruptive to just be disruptive.

The best RP server I ever played on was one in Shadowbane.  I joined a guild that was all Irekei, they had their own language and culture that you had to follow.  It really added to the depth and environment of the game.  Very immersive.

• 1247 posts
    December 4, 2018 5:40 PM PST

Regarding types of servers, Joppa mentioned in the recent community stream that he had fun playing on Sullon Zek (deity-team based PVP server). I didn‘t know he played on there and I thought that was totally awesome. I had a ton of fun on that server too. So.. I realize Pantheon is focused on PVE/RP, but I think a team-based PVP server along the lore of Pantheon would be great. 

This post was edited by Syrif at December 4, 2018 6:20 PM PST
    • 19 posts
    December 4, 2018 9:31 PM PST

Is this game planning to have a open PVP server?

I kind of figured this would be mostly PVE with "arenas" or other such ways to have scructured PVP (which is absolutely fine).

• 31 posts
    December 5, 2018 4:32 AM PST

PvE only for me

Enjoy being in a high end guild going on big raids to kill Gods and similar

Geea.

• 1 posts
    December 5, 2018 5:00 AM PST

PvE and RP for myself with any type of personal housing system a huge bonus!

• 7 posts
    December 11, 2018 5:04 PM PST

PVP adds a whole new layer of fun and adventure to the game. As well as a way to add excitement and danger to the game.

• 17 posts
    December 12, 2018 3:45 PM PST

MMMO's that try to please both PvE and PvP fans end up with class mechanics so watered down that you might as well not have classes at all.

It would probably be better for Pantheon to focus on the PvE and let PvP be an afterthought without balance and little dev attention. As long as you let the playerbase know ahead of time that is what is going on they will support it. And some PvP players will love it.

I love PvP but have never really found a game that does both PvE and PvP well.

• 8 posts
    December 13, 2018 6:22 AM PST
    PVE with slight interactions of RP with friends.
    • 69 posts
    December 13, 2018 8:09 PM PST
    I dig both RP and PvP servers. Even if I don't engage much in either, having the option in an RP environment is always nice.
    • 48 posts
    December 13, 2018 10:28 PM PST

I am not an RP fan, and I don't like PvP with one exception, I absolutely love dueling. Beating someone at their optimum when they are fully prepared is much more enticing to me than ganking or double+ teaming someone. I imagine only surviving those scenarios would interest me on the PvP side. Please include /duel (and /d (for donate) for that old disconnect joke for beggars).

This post was edited by Merkades at December 13, 2018 10:29 PM PST
    • 49 posts
    December 14, 2018 7:27 AM PST
    Pve only, rp servers those folks that want to rp. Zero pvp, if I want to pvp I'll play a pvp game don't want it anywhere near my pve goodness.
    • 10 posts
    December 14, 2018 8:06 AM PST

PVE All day long

• 36 posts
    December 14, 2018 8:50 PM PST

I'm old fashoined Pve no other nonses for me.

• 21 posts
    December 16, 2018 5:48 AM PST

pve only too

• 3 posts
    March 4, 2019 8:30 PM PST

FFA pvp please!

• 413 posts
    March 5, 2019 7:28 AM PST

I am definately a RP fan.

• 13 posts
    March 5, 2019 1:12 PM PST

PVE all day.  Not a fan of PVP.  Some RP is ok, but I won't be rolling on any RP servers.

• 1033 posts
    March 5, 2019 1:45 PM PST

There was a time I liked PvP (used to play on some Perm-Death PvP MUDs/MUSHs), but I find I have no desire to do such these days. Different time, different folks and I have different standards that are incompatible. 

So PVE without question. 

This post was edited by Tanix at March 5, 2019 1:46 PM PST
    • 1428 posts
    March 6, 2019 9:05 AM PST

pvp, rp, pve in that order

• 1428 posts
    March 6, 2019 9:21 AM PST

this is very interesting.  ppl that are pvp favored have nothing against pve or rp.  fear not pvers!  our servers will be will be seperate and believe it or not, we are more civilized than you can imagine!  i can't wait to slay all of you out in the open world >=D

• 3852 posts
    March 6, 2019 9:45 AM PST

((our servers will be will be seperate))

And thank all Gods of Terminus that this will be the case. Though if they change their minds and go to faction-based pvp rather than free-for-all I will try the pvp out.

• 31 posts
    March 6, 2019 9:45 AM PST
    The last few MMOs I played had instanced PvP. It was always fun. But I have no experience of Open World PvP with whatever ruleset.
    I'm very tempted to roll on a PvP server and get involved in the madness. Primarily just so we can do guild battles for boss whacking rights.

In the end it depends if I can persuade my friends to join in.
    • 1428 posts
    March 6, 2019 10:01 AM PST

pvpers are not as barbaric as some suggest.  i prefer having additional 'options' if another player is disrupting my activities.

• 1428 posts
    March 6, 2019 10:22 AM PST

black desert is FFA open world (currently playing until pantheon) and the way pvp is handled is pretty good.  i'll be extremely content if the pvp is similar.

• 3852 posts
    March 6, 2019 10:58 AM PST

I avoided Black Desert because I understand that it has mandatory pvp - you can't stay unflagged when you want to go about your business harvesting or questing. Unless I am confusing it with one of the other newer MMOs. But if I get a new computer and new monitor - which I am overdue for - I may try the game until Pantheon comes out. It is supposed to be pretty.