Forums » Crafting and Gathering

How about a contract system?

• 68 posts
    May 27, 2018 6:45 PM PDT
    I'm going back to Eve here. Not everyone has a powerful guild with max craftsmen. Have a SYSTEM where you can post orders and PCs can fill them
    • 1785 posts
    May 27, 2018 8:04 PM PDT

We've talked about this in a few threads discussing how buying/selling would work.  I think there are two levels to it.

The first is purchasing through consignment.  So for example I need bat wings to make crunchies.  I post a "buy order" with the local market broker for 100 bat wings at 3 silver each.  I pay him a 10% fee of the total for his trouble.  Then people can come and sell him bat wings for 3 silver each, and I can swing back buy and pick them up (or have them delivered to me).

The second would be an actual player contract system.  So you would post a contract and say "hey, I'm looking for a Coldark Steel Longsword of Dragonslaying", along with the price you're willing to pay.  A crafter could elect to fill that order for you.

In general, I think most of us are supportive of these sorts of things being options although a lot depends on how crafted items (or even loot drops) work.  Simple buy orders probably wouldn't take much UI and database work to implement.  Full-on contracts might be tougher from a technical perspective.

For me personally, I"m all for this, with the caveat that it can't break local markets.  Meaning that if you put up a contract for a sword, that contract should only be visible in the town where you put it up - not globally.