Forums » Fan Fiction

Trouble In KingsReach

• 13 posts
    May 5, 2018 3:06 PM PDT

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ib35JdNdJKUMUaH-WeCFkayGTGZblnD5agc4zUHcgN8/edit?usp=sharing

A story of love, war, a pig, and maybe a dragon......Hello all! This will be a fantasy novel based off of Justin Gerhart's amazing Lore and beautifully weaved story of a still young Terminus.

Don't hesitate to give any feedback :) ~Most of the edits are complete! Thank you guys for the feedback.

6/14/2019 - Chapter 2 is finally here! Chapter 1 has also received a major overhaul.

This post was edited by Daymen at June 14, 2019 4:50 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 6, 2018 9:48 AM PDT

Very impressive, Daymen!

• 13 posts
    May 6, 2018 9:52 AM PDT
    Thanks Baz!!
    • 626 posts
    May 29, 2018 7:43 AM PDT

Finally finished it haha sorry it took so long - great story! So excited to see more!

• 13 posts
    June 14, 2019 4:52 PM PDT

Chapter Two is now available in the link! :D Also a hello to my fellow lorehounds!

• 197 posts
    June 15, 2019 6:09 AM PDT

Great work here Daymen! 

From a storytelling approach, it was interesting to have the shift in perspective between the two chapters. I think it worked really well. It must have been challenging to write the first part of the story when she was in bear form and the diaglogue was limited to her instinctual reactions. 

Silvanus‘s personality really shines through. From being playful to majestic, both are well depicted. To that end, this line really encapsulated it well. At this the dragon’s eyes locked onto the gleaming child, his blithering disposition changed to reveal his true stature. One of wisdom, royalty, and ancient power. The same goes for Wylhirra. Her childish nature contrasts well against Silvanus’s. 

Rarely has a Dwarven accent been put in writing this well, lol! More Prenna dialogue to come I hope. 

Good job integrating the lore as well. I agree there is room for such rich storytelling to mine from the lore we have to work with. 

Hope you enjoyed writing this as much as I enjoyed reading both chapters. Can’t wait for the next one! :)

• 372 posts
    June 17, 2019 7:54 PM PDT

I had to read this over the last few days but even at my slow pace it was still enjoyable.  I am looking forward to more!  

edit:  I have been traveling -  not that it was a slow read!  Didn't mean to imply anything

This post was edited by Tigersin at June 17, 2019 7:56 PM PDT