Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Vanguard Emulator

• 1434 posts
    May 18, 2015 7:29 PM PDT

Are there multiple vg emu projects in the works, or are they now working together?  Will they be sharing code for people to make multiple servers or going the route of P99 and keeping it for only their own server?

I'd love to see a custom server more like the original game (less fast travel, harsher death penalty, less quest progression).

• 18 posts
    May 18, 2015 11:35 PM PDT
    Dullahan said:

Are there multiple vg emu projects in the works, or are they now working together?  Will they be sharing code for people to make multiple servers or going the route of P99 and keeping it for only their own server?

I'd love to see a custom server more like the original game (less fast travel, harsher death penalty, less quest progression).

The game server is open source so anyone can download the code, modify it, and run their own server (and some of us already runs modified private servers). Login server and launch pad is not open source though, so you have to register your server at vgoemulator.net, unless you write your own login server and launch pad.

This post was edited by Bonadew at May 18, 2015 11:36 PM PDT
    • 82 posts
    June 4, 2015 3:16 PM PDT

As for the login server not being open source we do plan on providing a Mini Login Server at some point for people to run there own if they want.

• 82 posts
    June 5, 2015 10:05 AM PDT

Preview of the new launcher to be released soon which will fix multiple issues.

[url=http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1429]http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1429

• 49 posts
    June 7, 2015 11:32 AM PDT

if you still need people test the new launcher i am ready and willing

• 453 posts
    June 20, 2015 10:08 AM PDT

The new launcher is working and looks great. Thanks for the hard work !

This topic used to be sticky, I wish it were kept that way .

• 82 posts
    June 20, 2015 5:23 PM PDT

New launcher is now live along with a complete character/account wipe since there has been so many schema changes most of the preexisting characters were not getting the benefit's of newly added features.

[url=http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1464]http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1464

• 67 posts
    June 22, 2015 5:08 PM PDT

Got her all set up again, thanks!

• 82 posts
    July 10, 2015 1:04 PM PDT

Melee combat is starting to take form thanks to Zippy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmnme4KUm1g&feature=youtu.be

• 453 posts
    July 13, 2015 2:24 AM PDT

Yay! 

• 24 posts
    July 16, 2015 5:02 PM PDT

I can't wait! Sorry if I am beating the the dead horse here but is there a way to track progress of this emulator besides surfing through the forums? I am pretty darn interested in playing/testing this and I would like to know how to get set up.

If anyone has any information please reply here or send me a PM I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Joe

• 82 posts
    July 17, 2015 9:33 AM PDT

All the info you need is on our wiki page also.

http://wiki.vgoemulator.net/Docs/Guides:Player_Guide

• 24 posts
    July 17, 2015 9:36 AM PDT

Thank you kindly! I sincerely wish I knew how to code..soon I am starting C++ classes and a little bit of self teaching through Khan Academy.

• 82 posts
    August 1, 2015 10:46 AM PDT
    • 82 posts
    August 30, 2015 11:24 AM PDT

Sorry it's been awhile since I have given a update but i think you will like this one. 

-Updated code to cancel casting. Added code to remove a beneficial effect. Changing the buff structure to support how the client wants to remove a beneficial effect, reintroduced the stacking issue of buff icons. If you cast a high level buff and then try lower level buffs, it will block them. If you cast your buffs from lowest version to highest, it will only apply the highest buff, but it will still show the icons for the lower level buffs. Its just a display issue.

-Added attribute per level increase values

-Added support for short term buffs to the attribute code.

-Brought the NPC attribute code up the the same level as the PC code.

-Made NPCs have HPs based on their level.

-Initial implementation of encounter windows.

-Added allocation point handling (both adv and craft).

-Added in foundation for trading you get all the windows and can add items and coins just once both parties hit accept the windows disappear just nothing is added/deleted yet.

-Now have the following commands from the console Broadcast, Announce, Tell, Who, Kick, GetMOTD, SetMOTD, Shutdown [Time] [interval]

-Implemented basic Randomization of NPCs

Now for the good stuff which i expected to have something to show you long before now but the person that was suppose to be working on the system kept saying for weeks he was almost done but never showed us anything and then just disappeared. :(

So since the basic implementation of combat was done Zippyzee decided to work on the quest system so we can put our content people to work. So after two weeks i give you the first look at questing (still a work in progress). :)

https://youtu.be/0Xjx9AY55QM

Enjoy

This post was edited by Xinux at August 30, 2015 1:02 PM PDT
    • 595 posts
    August 30, 2015 1:02 PM PDT
    Xinux said:

Sorry it's been awhile since I have given a update but i think you will like this one. 

-Updated code to cancel casting. Added code to remove a beneficial effect. Changing the buff structure to support how the client wants to remove a beneficial effect, reintroduced the stacking issue of buff icons. If you cast a high level buff and then try lower level buffs, it will block them. If you cast your buffs from lowest version to highest, it will only apply the highest buff, but it will still show the icons for the lower level buffs. Its just a display issue.

-Added in foundation for trading you get all the windows and can add items and coins just once both parties hit accept the windows disappear just nothing is added/deleted yet.

-Now have the following commands from the console Broadcast, Announce, Tell, Who, Kick, GetMOTD, SetMOTD, Shutdown [Time] [interval]

Now for the good stuff which i expected to have something to show you long before now but the person that was suppose to be working on the system kept saying for weeks he was almost done but never showed us anything and then just disappeared. :(

So since the basic implementation of combat was done Zippyzee decided to work on the quest system so we can put our content people to work. So after two weeks i give you the first look at questing (still a work in progress). :)

Enjoy

Very cool!  Thing seem to be coming along nicely.  Can't wait to see more.

• 67 posts
    August 31, 2015 8:54 PM PDT
    Xinux said:

Enjoy

Really appreciate all the work you guys are doing.  It's looking great!

• 1 posts
    September 24, 2015 5:52 PM PDT

Great stuff

• 82 posts
    January 5, 2016 4:20 PM PST

Finally had a chance to do a new video. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ofd8yy8_-Y

• January 6, 2016 7:43 AM PST

I jumped in a couple weeks back, I think, but maybe longer :)   I noticed everything was smoother, and some quest folks were in but this is very nice!  

You've been putting some work haha!

I'll have to get in and run around again.   Thanks for the awesome update, Xinux!

• 999 posts
    January 6, 2016 8:13 AM PST

Appreciate the update Xinux.

• 595 posts
    January 6, 2016 2:16 PM PST

Xinux said:

Finally had a chance to do a new video. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ofd8yy8_-Y

Great to see all the working features in one place.  I'm very much looking forward to the completion of this project and am very greatful that you and your team are keeping Vanguard alive!  /thank.

• 384 posts
    January 7, 2016 8:46 AM PST

That's really incredible that y'all have come so far!  Thanks!

• 137 posts
    January 9, 2016 2:06 PM PST
    Where can I download this to hop in on the fun
    • 453 posts
    January 9, 2016 2:48 PM PST

Great work on the emulator! Also, it's exciting that the foundation for AAs is there too!