Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Vanguard Emulator

• 9115 posts
    February 14, 2015 1:13 AM PST
    Haseno said:

I really want to get involved in this...unfortunately I only purchased a digital copy of VG and no longer have access to the download. I use to be a Community Manager, GM, and I did some coding (minor C++, MySQL, Lua) for a Private WoW Server. 10k player population. I use to write quests, host GM events, etc.

I usually am reluctant to admit these details considering the legal issues and how developers view private server operators. But, I held the same passion for it just the same as any legit game developers in the legit industry.

I have sent you a PM mate which should help you out. ;)

• 82 posts
    February 14, 2015 10:00 AM PST

We just got flying working last night it's still a little buggy but we are getting there and should have this on New Telon hopefully this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIRiY0KKT-k&feature=youtu.be

This post was edited by Xinux at March 3, 2015 11:21 AM PST
    • 49 posts
    February 25, 2015 9:18 AM PST

WoW its looking great!!! Awesome job! I really hope some one got the spires keep shards to spawn the named at the base  of the waterfall logged . It really was an awesome encounter for high 20s to mid 30s and some of the best loot dropd for the lvls that very few knew about.

• 48 posts
    March 4, 2015 5:42 AM PST
    I wouldn't mind messing around with this. Sadly I don't own my copy of VG anymore and I am not willing to risk downloads that I can't trust. Same with p99 frustrating that I never saved old CDs. Lol
    • 82 posts
    March 5, 2015 12:11 AM PST
    Borumber said:
    I wouldn't mind messing around with this. Sadly I don't own my copy of VG anymore and I am not willing to risk downloads that I can't trust. Same with p99 frustrating that I never saved old CDs. Lol

CD's wouldn't have worked anyway the network protocol has completely changed since then. 

• 82 posts
    March 9, 2015 9:34 AM PDT

Here is another video showing guild creation and started implementing lua get functions also here is a few update notes as of lately.

1. Guild creation, invite, promote, demote, MOTD, notes and guild chat all work
    2. Did a change to how character attachments are replicated to hopefully fix not seeing other players equipment when they log in next to you.
    3. Guild tag's should now be seen on other characters.
    4. You can now select what gear you want to display on your character
    5. Implemented cycling of your weapons sheathed and unsheathed.
    6. Improved draft movement mechanics of doors - click a door to make it open and a bit later close.
    7. Added in sending/storing of character adventure/crafting allocation points
    8. Hide Helm and Hide Cloak will now not show either if you have chosen to hide them on the character select screen
    9. Hide Cloak now works at the character select screen
    10. Rifts system
    11. Updated Dungeons, Diplomacy and Starting Items code
    12. Added preliminary code for storing and loading vendor items.
    13. Added repair items from merchant.
    14. Added first round of mail operations.

And of course the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWzUsCl-LWQ

This post was edited by Xinux at March 9, 2015 5:22 PM PDT
    • 48 posts
    March 9, 2015 9:49 AM PDT
    Do you all have a reliable download? Or we are out of luck if we don't have the install?
    • 82 posts
    March 9, 2015 9:54 AM PDT

Should check out our announcements section. :)

• 179 posts
    March 9, 2015 11:24 AM PDT

You guys are doing some amazing work! I can't wait to play Anasyn and Nysana again in Vanguard.

• 82 posts
    March 9, 2015 3:36 PM PDT

Expanded on the LUA functions that are currently implemented and made it into a conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyooSsExcKw

• 82 posts
    March 12, 2015 9:09 AM PDT

Figured this would be nice to have since live didn't have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXZ8-RHz27U

• 19 posts
    March 25, 2015 2:41 PM PDT

So excited to see this coming along for you guys! Will definitely check it out soon. Do you have any idea what your rough time frame is going forward in terms of populating the world with monsters etc? 

• 82 posts
    March 26, 2015 2:21 PM PDT

The world has spawns on it currently just we limited how many of each mob is in a chunk till we start with the content development and can clean it up. Cause if we spawned everything we had it would look like this. LOL

• 21 posts
    March 31, 2015 5:09 AM PDT

Looking good on this front cant wait !

• 82 posts
    April 10, 2015 10:27 AM PDT

Just committed a new chunks table which should allow flying in all chunks so no more getting stuck when trying to take off. I had to enter a lot of values by hand so if you run into a chunk you have trouble flying in let me know the chunk ID or name and i'll take a look.

This will go live with the next update to NT which hopefully is tonight or tomorrow.

• 10 posts
    April 13, 2015 11:42 AM PDT

This is awesome!!!!! I can't wait!

• April 21, 2015 6:27 AM PDT

Continuing excellence, Xinux!

• 49 posts
    April 29, 2015 8:52 AM PDT

I had to post on this just to say its looking and running great. Awesome job and to show one of my latest screen shots from VGEMU. It of course my profile pic .

• 82 posts
    April 30, 2015 11:15 AM PDT

Been a little bit since I've posted a update so here is a link to all of our commit comments for the past month.

http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38&p=12458#p12458

• 82 posts
    May 11, 2015 1:30 PM PDT

Here is some casting and spell animations Faux has been working on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7FMVcEmAA

• 133 posts
    May 11, 2015 1:36 PM PDT

Very nice!

• 453 posts
    May 17, 2015 6:55 AM PDT

Thanks for keeping us updated here Xinux . The hard work you guys do is appreciated :)

• 318 posts
    May 18, 2015 12:56 PM PDT

Has vgemulator approached daybreak about getting permission to run a nonprofit emulator server, like Project 1999 did? Might be something to consider since they made an exception for that game.

• 9115 posts
    May 18, 2015 3:31 PM PDT
    Wellspring said:

Has vgemulator approached daybreak about getting permission to run a nonprofit emulator server, like Project 1999 did? Might be something to consider since they made an exception for that game.

Many times :( (Before, during and after the change from SOE to DBG)

• 70 posts
    May 18, 2015 4:07 PM PDT

The recognizing of Project 1999 thing seemingly came with the caveat that their Velious release not coincide with DB's new progression server release.

It could just be P99 being nice or it could be a desperate move by DB to not get shown up by an emulated version of one of their games on what should be a popular release day for them.  *shrug*