Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Vanguard Emulator

• 82 posts
    January 3, 2015 9:32 AM PST
    Kazingathi said:

Also my elf has the dark elf racials in my abilities.

This is fixed now :)

This post was edited by Xinux at January 4, 2015 7:29 AM PST
    • 453 posts
    January 3, 2015 9:45 AM PST

I still log in daily and run around a bit. Looking forward to being able to kill stuff ;)

• 82 posts
    January 3, 2015 5:52 PM PST

Had our after Holiday/New Year meeting if you guy's want to read through it here is the chat log.

http://vgoemulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1116

• 9115 posts
    January 3, 2015 5:59 PM PST
    Xinux said:

Had our after Holiday/New Year meeting if you guy's want to read through it here is the chat log.

Thanks Xin! :)

• 453 posts
    January 3, 2015 8:46 PM PST
    Xinux said:

Thanks much indeed :)

• 311 posts
    January 3, 2015 8:59 PM PST

Thank Xinux! Lol thanks for the update I got lost in there, good luck and good job so far.

• January 6, 2015 1:32 PM PST

So, how many of you log in fairly frequently?

• 453 posts
    January 6, 2015 3:26 PM PST

I log in like 5 times per week just to run around and see what's been done. Right now I can summon any item so I have all L33T raid gear on my characters lol 

Of course eventually when it goes "live" I imagine that everything will be reset and GM commands will not work for normal folk.

This post was edited by Jason at January 6, 2015 6:43 PM PST
    • 82 posts
    January 6, 2015 7:57 PM PST
    Jason said:

Of course eventually when it goes "live" I imagine that everything will be reset and GM commands will not work for normal folk.

Yup that is correct. Here is a few things added in the last two day's.

1. AFK will now show on the who list
    2. Anon will now show you Anonymous on the who list
    3. You can now set yourself or your target to GM/DEV with .setgm & .setdev same command will remove it.
    3. Added [GM] and [DEV] tag in-front of your name in the who list. (If you think it looks better behind it i can move it.)
    4. Sending a tell with either GM or DEV flag set will show (GM) after your name. (handled by the client)
    5. Small visual change to the who list if you are set to GM or Dev the GM/DEV portion will now show in yellow the rest is still white.
    6. Added in the option to inspect another player which should now populate with currently worn items.

Also we should hopefully have movers (Doors, Elevators etc etc) on NT in the next few days.

This post was edited by Xinux at March 9, 2015 11:10 AM PDT
    • 453 posts
    January 8, 2015 5:02 PM PST

I did some emulator image searching and found this LOL 

aradune

This post was edited by Jason at January 8, 2015 5:36 PM PST
    • 311 posts
    January 8, 2015 5:22 PM PST

Hey Xinux great job can see can cast my spell now though nothing happens but good work amazing to see it coming back together, also wanna let you know I change the race of my druid from elf to dark elf and he only has the elf racial abilities. 

I try to get on Blood whenever I'm done posting in here at night.

Also again thanks for the updates Xinux.

This post was edited by Kazingathi at January 8, 2015 5:36 PM PST
    • 82 posts
    January 8, 2015 5:38 PM PST

Yea right now all it does is it just changes your race we haven't coded in changing abilities and such yet.

• 311 posts
    January 9, 2015 5:38 PM PST

Ok thanks Xinux

• January 10, 2015 3:52 PM PST

I got everything setup and ran around a bit last night.  Telon is beautiful, no doubt.  Back in the day I couldn't run it full open and now it's just amazing.

• 311 posts
    January 13, 2015 7:09 PM PST

Hey Xinux I just down loaded a few old files from VG from about 2008, 2009, and 2013. I dont know if it would help you any to have any of them but if you need them just hollar. As you can see in my new pick i found a few screenies of my old druid. I have one other comp with probably older 2007-2008 files from VG just don't know if they will help.

• 82 posts
    January 14, 2015 8:50 PM PST

Nope we shouldn't need anything from the earlier client but if you wouldn't mind holding on to them i would appreciate it.

• 311 posts
    January 17, 2015 8:39 AM PST

Sure thing, Haven't been on for a couple of days so just seen this. Thanks again for all the hard work on VG.

• 82 posts
    January 30, 2015 9:32 AM PST

Been a little while since i did a video so figured it was about time.

This first one is showing off merchants, bank, and other misc details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftpJx2RIKE

This one is showing off we are now sending forms along with the abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST15p0sSjq8

• 999 posts
    January 30, 2015 10:05 AM PST

Appreciate the update and the hard work Xinux (and others).  Looking good

• 595 posts
    January 30, 2015 12:56 PM PST

These look fantastic!  I'm very excited by the work you and your team are doing here.  Very well done.

• 82 posts
    February 5, 2015 5:34 PM PST

We have groups working now. :)

This post was edited by Xinux at March 9, 2015 11:18 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    February 5, 2015 5:51 PM PST

Looking good Xin! :)

• February 6, 2015 7:06 AM PST

Great work, folks!

• 34 posts
    February 9, 2015 6:29 PM PST

Downloaded and logged in last night to run around some, it looked really nice. I didn't have any issues at all. Is there a list of dev or gm commands to mess around with right now?

• 88 posts
    February 13, 2015 11:44 PM PST

I really want to get involved in this...unfortunately I only purchased a digital copy of VG and no longer have access to the download. I use to be a Community Manager, GM, and I did some coding (minor C++, MySQL, Lua) for a Private WoW Server. 10k player population. I use to write quests, host GM events, etc.

I usually am reluctant to admit these details considering the legal issues and how developers view private server operators. But, I held the same passion for it just the same as any legit game developers in the legit industry.