Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Ricocheting Spells

• 201 posts
    April 21, 2018 9:38 AM PDT

Seeing as I have not seen any posts on the forums about this ever/recently thought this would be a great chance.
    Okay as an actual question here. From the Stream at 59:40 (couple seconds off probably) You see a Wizard Spell fire ball spell casted and flying at the enemy 'Black Wolf Dyl'. You then see the fireball hitting the target and ricocheting off of Dyl and narrowly miss Laz.....

Would ricocheting spells cause damage to allies or other enemies in the vacinity if it hits that person or enemy!?

Edit: While rewatching that portion I see this happening quite a few times where Laz narrowly escapes from the Fireball redirection and actually starts around 59:33

• 56 posts
    April 21, 2018 11:03 AM PDT

I thought I was seeing things. I noticed that as well. I wonder if it will cause damage to group members...

• 1479 posts
    April 21, 2018 11:41 AM PDT

Noticed some strange behavior spells, but I didn't focus on them and thought it was just bad pathing of some sort. Good question then !

• 15 posts
    April 21, 2018 1:42 PM PDT

I would think your group's spells would not do damage to you but could maybe richochet at an enemy, vice versa with there spells too. Some of those effects were looking pretty nice though!

• 483 posts
    April 21, 2018 1:58 PM PDT

I also noticed the spells effect (fireball mainly) going through their target, but i assumed it was a "spell miss" animation, but it might actually be a richochete/reflect thing.

• 201 posts
    April 21, 2018 2:32 PM PDT

See that's what I thought but if you look carefully at one of the fireballs it directly hits the enemy, it does a weird looking animation then gets redirected away.

Edit: To be honest I actually like the idea of redirection, reflecting, or richoceting spells and them having a chance of doing damage to you, your allies, or nearby enemies. 

Redirection: Target has some control of where the spell goes.

Reflecting: Sends spell back to caster.

Richoceting: Glances off armor or weapon (what ever it bounces off) and sends the spell in a random direction.

This post was edited by Tootiredtocare at April 21, 2018 4:46 PM PDT