Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Shadow Knight pic(work in progress), conceptual ideas

• 129 posts
    April 17, 2018 5:29 PM PDT

Hello guys,

Posting this in off-topic, as it's not Pantheon-related art and concept.

Artwork-in-progress, currently on sketch status.

Nothing fantastic, I'm just a hobbyist, amateur artist, but maybe you'll like it  ! Let me know !

I made this character concept for a table-RPG with friends, about 10 years ago, based on my ideas of a knight using shadow magic, absolutely non-related to EQ's Shadow Knights (sorry if you feel like it was a clickbait) ;)

She is proficient in combat, her shadow clothes (magically crafted) giving her a significant advantage, as it does not reflect any light at all, it is very hard for her opponents to assert the distances and perspectives, it's the same black color from any angle.

Her armor kinda reduces this advantage, but she cannot rely on dodging every attacks, especially when facing multiple enemies, so it was necessary to have some armor on, to deflect unavoidable hits.

About the Shadow Magic Arts,

She can use shadows as portals from a shadow to another, in case of great danger she can temporarily hide in the Shadows Realm, she can also use the Shadows Realm as a dimensional bag, limited to her body size.

In addition, her blade, Shadow Moon, is a magic sword forged in Moon Steel, and has the unique ability to slash through in the Shadows Realm.

In other words, her wielder can stab her own shadow to stab her target from their shadow, within a limited range, depending on the balance of light and shadows in the area.

Needless to say, this ability is greatly improved at night. Plus, unlike sunlight reducing its power at day, moonlight does amplify it.

These were my concepts for a "Shadow Knight",

Thanks for reading, see ya later with the updated art ! :)

• 316 posts
    April 30, 2018 11:38 PM PDT
    I like it very much! You have talent, good man! Would like to see the progress =)