Forums » Pantheon Races

Animal Races

• 14 posts
    April 17, 2018 12:25 PM PDT

Sometimes less is more.

It's standard fare for mmos to launch with a good number of playable and non-playable races and as expansions are released... oh my, we've discovered 4 more races in this expansion!

Obviously, it's fantasy, but it's not believable. Think of how many entirely new categories of species we discover and how often. I don't mean like a new variety, like a new color of toad, but a completely new classification of amphibian altogether.

It's just not believable.

If you want to start with a ton and make a few more playable over time, that's great. The NPCs of that race are a huge tease to keep players around waiting to play them and explore the race more deeply.

But please don't have us suddenly discover 12 humanoid animal NPC races.

No talking otters (F U EQ2), no talking foxes (no thanks, WoW), stop making animals people.

New and different is better than better.

[I confess, I would be open to a snake people race of playable characters. I've never seen a playable legless race. WoW players have been itching to play Naga since vanilla. I would play one in a second. Maybe they can't be monks!)

• 59 posts
    April 27, 2018 2:41 PM PDT

Yeah I want to see more "animal" like races. Lionmen Paladins!

• 1479 posts
    April 27, 2018 4:12 PM PDT

The lore of terminus allow the introduction of entire species, deities, and even lands, by the sole system of collision.

This is not a matter of "undiscovered races" or "undocumented isle lost 20 years ago that nows in inhabited by completely never known species", just the matter of a world that vacuums other worlds.