Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

We will need raids (or something)

• 1785 posts
    April 17, 2018 6:19 PM PDT

Also, I wanted to address the OP's concern more directly:

Things to do at max adventuring level:

1) Devote time to finishing some of the globe-spanning storyline quests that you've only just dipped your toes into as you were leveling up.

2) Seek out and work on obtaining epic weapons, armor, abilities, and artifacts.

3) If you're inclined, spend time pursuing crafting, which will be as challenging and rewarding a sphere as adventuring was (hopefully)

4) Of course, raiding

5) Help your guild with other guild content and objectives that will hopefully land in the game at some point.

6) Take part in some of the many forms of player-driven content that will be available in our thriving community.

7) Wonder what it would have been like if you'd started as a Dark Myr instead of a Dwarf, and create an alt - or a progeny - to have an entirely different experience leveling up than you did the first time.

Obviously I am making some assumptions (and projections) here, but hopefully this helps allay your concerns :)

• 3237 posts
    April 18, 2018 10:55 AM PDT

I agree with everything you said Nephele.  Great posts!

• 696 posts
    April 18, 2018 11:31 AM PDT

Yea I agree with Nephele, especially the player driven content, whether that is rping or just holding events. I also find it fun to spend a few hours in newbie zones to help out new people who are trying to get use to the game (mentoring).

• 752 posts
    April 18, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
    I mean when you say it like that..... /mic drop
    • 613 posts
    April 18, 2018 12:34 PM PDT

Nephele said:

Also, I wanted to address the OP's concern more directly:

Things to do at max adventuring level:

1) Devote time to finishing some of the globe-spanning storyline quests that you've only just dipped your toes into as you were leveling up.

2) Seek out and work on obtaining epic weapons, armor, abilities, and artifacts.

3) If you're inclined, spend time pursuing crafting, which will be as challenging and rewarding a sphere as adventuring was (hopefully)

4) Of course, raiding

5) Help your guild with other guild content and objectives that will hopefully land in the game at some point.

6) Take part in some of the many forms of player-driven content that will be available in our thriving community.

7) Wonder what it would have been like if you'd started as a Dark Myr instead of a Dwarf, and create an alt - or a progeny - to have an entirely different experience leveling up than you did the first time.

Obviously I am making some assumptions (and projections) here, but hopefully this helps allay your concerns :)

Now that is how I play.  Well stated.

The OP was concerned about max level content.   This one is a nasty topic in some circles and I have to confess it has me curious of the game playing styles.   If the speed is slow and VR has stated that will be the case what is going to slow the guilds that only want level of content?  In my understanding of game dynamics there is nothing short of railed content with extreme measures to slow progression.  It has been my experience that guilds like that drive fast and hard to endgame content and are the first to complain about nothing being there.   I am not saying spylers group is like that, but I can see this happening.  It does bring up a valid question for content at the max level and what will it be?  I know VR has stated that it will have many things for people to do and that will include raiding and questing but I would like to know what people think that should be? 

Just curious to see what people think it should be based on the OP concerns. 

Ox

• 2752 posts
    April 18, 2018 2:30 PM PDT

Oxillion said:

The OP was concerned about max level content.   This one is a nasty topic in some circles and I have to confess it has me curious of the game playing styles.   If the speed is slow and VR has stated that will be the case what is going to slow the guilds that only want level of content?  In my understanding of game dynamics there is nothing short of railed content with extreme measures to slow progression.  It has been my experience that guilds like that drive fast and hard to endgame content and are the first to complain about nothing being there.   I am not saying spylers group is like that, but I can see this happening.  It does bring up a valid question for content at the max level and what will it be?  I know VR has stated that it will have many things for people to do and that will include raiding and questing but I would like to know what people think that should be? 

Just curious to see what people think it should be based on the OP concerns. 

I don't think there will be anything to specifically slow guilds like that. I'd imagine the only "block" will be them all needing to get lots of different situational gear for different climates, resistances, and who knows what else as well as some light keying here or there, but everyone will have to do that in their own time anyway. Guilds that rush to the end and consume all the content like locusts deserve no special focus and otherwise shouldn't be catered to with content.

It was one of the mistakes EQ started making sometime around Luclin and beyond. The top guilds were burning through content so fast that the devs started to put in absurd roadblocks and releasing poorly tested bug-filled encounters in an attempt to get some breathing room and time to create/finish content. 

As for what content there should be? All kinds of course. Epic quests including those for weapons/armors/abilities, progressively more difficult single group dungeons, a handful of raids, perhaps a couple small group dungeons (12 players/2 group), crafting complete with epics and trials of its own, and hopefully diplomacy at some point. Then there is progeny and the chance to level in different zones than before or make use of newer low-mid level areas that are added post-launch. 

• 3237 posts
    April 18, 2018 2:34 PM PDT

High replay value is what will help keep the most hardcore players involved.  Progeny can most definitely go a long way toward realizing this goal but I also feel that a raid zone similar to what I described in the "Gauntlet of Diffusion" post would be extremely useful.  As someone who has always been a hardcore player, I really enjoy horizontal progression and long-term goals/achievements.  Situational gear is also something I am really looking forward to.