Forums » The Druid

Druid = Indirect Healing

• Wig
    • 173 posts
    June 5, 2018 7:27 AM PDT
    Ward based heals being shields/damage absorption?
    • 270 posts
    June 7, 2018 8:19 AM PDT

Slightly off topic, but someone mentioned healing while shapeshifting, and I think that would be great.  EQ1 had its inspiration from DnD, and shapeshifting was an important mechanic of the DnD Druid.  With that being said, if they do decide to have Druids shapeshift, I hope it is more in line with DnD than WoW.  What I mean by this is that WoW had the druid shift into different forms to perform "different roles" (Bear, Cat, Tree, Travel/swim/fly);  I would like to see the Druid keep its role as healer/support but perhaps have a specific form they can shift into for utility dependant upon their race and perhaps a few utility based forms that are shared with all Druids like Elementals that increase resistances or maybe give levitate or even improve their healing role like a tree/plant etc.  Perhaps the race specific shapes could be animals unique to that race's starting area that the Druid can choose at a certain level and maybe change between a select few animals.  Boars, Wolves, Bears, Wild Cats, Snakes (Dark Myr), Birds of Prey etc. which effectively just act as illusions and maybe open up an out of combat skill like hide, track, or sprint.

The EQ1 Druid had an illusion that made them look like a tree in the area that they were in... This offered no utility but was very fun (and even useful in pvp sometimes).

This post was edited by Darch at June 7, 2018 8:21 AM PDT
    • 246 posts
    June 7, 2018 10:13 AM PDT

I wouldn't be surprised if Druids used the climate system as their primary tool; heals included.  They could summon soothing weather like mist, rain, or pleasant sunlight to heal and hazardous weather like lightning, sandstorm, tornado, and blizzard to harm.

The clmate areas could have secondary effects that would be tons of fun too: blizzards could slow, lighting could stun targets, tornado could pull enemies into a bunch, sandstorms could reduce AC, etc.

This post was edited by Shai at June 7, 2018 11:12 AM PDT
  • Wig
    • 173 posts
    June 7, 2018 11:38 AM PDT
    The only Druid form I could say I liked from WoW was flight form...instant cast flying mount.