Forums » The Druid

Druid = Indirect Healing

• 16 posts
    April 14, 2018 7:23 PM PDT

I am amazed to not yet find a thread here on Bazgrim's video where they talked about all of the classes.  Joppa mentioned that Clerics will be big single target heals.  Shaman's will be the masters of heal over time.  Druid healing will be "indirect heals."

So what is everyone's speculation with this new information?  I can really see 3 possibilities. 

1. Offensive healing.  There are several threads so I won't go into detail.

2. summonable healing.  Maybe something in the nature of the "Goodberry" spell from DND.  Perhaps we will summon heal clickies for group mates.  I'm not a huge fan of this idea myself, but some group mates I've had in the past would love having a clicky ability to save themselves.  I'm just not sure there is enough depth to make this a healer class focus.

3. Localized healing / regen.  Perhaps we summon a plant, or healing stream, and as long as companions are within xx meters of it, they gain life.  Supplement this with normal direct heals as well, and I could see this being beneficial.  This also plays into the thought process I've seen through around of Druids affecting limited local weather or climates.  Something like this could use the same system.

So what do you guys think?  Are there other aspects of "indirect healing" you think may be the case?  Which are you hoping it is?

• 430 posts
    April 15, 2018 6:04 AM PDT

I don't like tree huggers much, but another form of "indirect" healing could maybe be damage shields.

Also, when it comes to offensive heals, I think we could broaden the idea by including any sort of trigger for the heal to go off, like say a heal which only triggers when an enemy lands a hit on you, or a heal which only triggers after your damage shield goes down, etc. 

• Wig
    • 128 posts
    April 15, 2018 6:51 AM PDT
    I’m already theorycrafting a druid/direlord heal/tank combo for max dps in a group. Add their dps with that of the rest of the group, you’ll be flying through dungeons.
    • 282 posts
    April 15, 2018 2:48 PM PDT

Wig said: I’m already theorycrafting a druid/direlord heal/tank combo for max dps in a group. Add their dps with that of the rest of the group, you’ll be flying through dungeons.

No you're not. You don't theorycraft, you just fantasize on possible concept of classes not yet revealed. No numbers, no theorycraft.

No spells/skills and concrete mechanics, not even a way to predict anything.

The direlord could be ambidextrous and deal as much damage as any other tank if it's the design they want, and what is sure is that the paladin will be stronger than other tanks against undeads, which can be a concrete prediction of "high dps setup". Even the warrior could bring group buffs in the form of shouts that will benefit more to the party than any "superior dps tank".

The druid could heal trought reactive healing, throught channeling to a tree spirit which would then spread healing to the lowest party members. Hell, indirect healing doesn't mean "nuke healing" but can imply a lot of different spells, that might not even be the "main" healing method, and just some flavour addition to a traditionnal healer setup.

Please don't fantasize too much when nothing is truly known about skills, numbers, and practicality.

• Wig
    • 128 posts
    April 16, 2018 4:53 AM PDT
    Pump the brakes there, big guy
    • 113 posts
    April 16, 2018 9:24 AM PDT

Well, from all the opinionated information out there...I have a feeling that druids will probably do healing based on dmg and have some enviromental healing abilities and eviromental dmg dealing. I think while clerics and shamans might be very good at a combination of mainly direct healing with decent group healing, shamans with hots all over the group and clerics with just the click and heal, druids might excel in more hyper aggressive groups where everyone is getting hit and they excel at more group healing and maybe area effect heals, kind of like in WoW the druid had tranquility which was a hot area heal, and direct dmg and healing while having decent direct heals. But we will never truly know until they are released and tested. 

• 24 posts
    April 16, 2018 7:02 PM PDT

I'm hoping for Fury / Warden from EQ2, in terms of what indirect healing meant. Those two classes, when properly specced, would indirectly heal the party as they DPS'd. Nature giveth as nature taketh away, after all.

• 72 posts
    April 20, 2018 1:05 PM PDT

Just a guess but I'll bet it's damage converts to a different color of mana and you then burn that mana to heal. Though I like some of the other things you mentioned. Anyway this would make druids Healer/Damage unlike the rest of the healers which are healer/support.

Whatever they do I hope they don't attempt WoWs atonement healing priest. Those always ended up too powerful or trash. It's too hard to make it work right.

This post was edited by zendrel at April 20, 2018 1:06 PM PDT
    • 3 posts
    April 23, 2018 3:59 PM PDT

I really like the ideas of indirect healing that you guys have put out. If druid damage is viable, then we could seriously accelerate a group by saving mana for the main healer, or by being the main healer and having a group of 5 or 6 classes that do decent dps. I'm very interested in the upcoming class info reveals, however, much or little information we get.