Forums » The Druid

I hope the druids will,shine

• 53 posts
    April 7, 2018 2:24 PM PDT

My favourite class the Druid was eventually totally sidelined in eq and eq2. Groups called for healers but stipulated plate wearers, and the Druid wasn’t wanted as dps. For a while I was part of a healing chain on raids but that was mind numbing. Eventually I raided with my coercer who,was always in demand. I am hoping druids will shine in Pantheon, a Druid is the first class I will create as soon as I start on Pantheon, I love the ancient lore of the druids and I really want them to shine. What are your thoughts on this class?

• 270 posts
    April 9, 2018 1:19 PM PDT

I think they are a fun class. I will also be rolling one. Hopefully they don't equate out of combat utility with being the same as in combat utility. They had a ton of out of combat utility, but not enough combat utility, which made them suffer in the end in groups. Hopefully they shine and do good work.

• 2 posts
    April 28, 2018 11:41 AM PDT

Agreed!

we need some unique buffs that make us less "jack of all trades" and make it a "must" in the group.. unlike end game druid gameplay in EQ1

There will always be META and MIN/MAX... and we need to fall in there somewhere...

made a long post in the "Forms" thread more on this topic..

• 897 posts
    April 29, 2018 6:18 AM PDT

I'm currently balancing between choosing for an healer alt druid or cleric, I guess the whole kit will make me decide myself, for now I'm hardly settled....

I just hope every class will shine in it's own personnal way.

• 270 posts
    April 30, 2018 9:06 AM PDT

Yea I think that is the end goal, is making all classes unique and viable without them feeling the same. I know druids play a role in climate altering, so I am wondering if that can play a role in healing and/or damaging with this system. I would assume if you are fighting some sort of fire type mob that making it rain will do dmg over time, while lets say in that same incident you have a summoner who has a water attribute pet then the rain that the druid casted can then be used to heal the pet and maybe allows it to do more dmg simultaneously. But we will see how far these interesting mechanics go and if they can keep there promises all the while making the animations look good in the process.

• 303 posts
    June 28, 2018 9:28 AM PDT
    I hope druids will literally shine by utilizing sunlight, moonlight, and starlight with their magic!
    • 97 posts
    September 5, 2018 5:47 AM PDT

After reading through all the class abilities/skills I am considering rolling a druid as my main. Normally I am a tank or dps, so this will be a whole new experience for me!

• 26 posts
    September 6, 2018 2:57 AM PDT
    Ports, movement buff, and the ability to solo heal my group as good as any other healer. That's my only requirements.
    • 3 posts
    September 9, 2018 8:07 AM PDT

The Druid has always been one of my favorite classes lore-wise, as I've always loved hiking and stuff and idenify with characters like Radagast from LOTR in terms of personality. But I have to agree that, gameplay-wise, the class has not exactly had the best track record. In addition to what the OP mentioned with EQ, Vanilla WoW's Druid was a jack-of-all-trades class that pretty much sucked at all three roles, and even in later expansions Resto was often marginalized at endgame.

So going with a Disc Priest-like healer with a unique fox pet mechanic has me wondering as well, is Pantheon's take on the Druid going to have any sort of balance issues? I hope it doesn't, but it's a legitimate concern. I can see this as one of those classes that a lot of people don't roll in favor of a Shaman (which shares many of the same races and seems to have an easier playstyle).

Again, I really am hoping for the best and I hope that everything works out well and that Visionary Realms proves that they can deliver a classic-formula MMO designed to cater to PvE RPers where every class is viable and fills its own unique role in a group. I mean, in terms of abilities, we've got some really cool-looking stuff here. Pantheon's Druid is definitely a very different sort of healer class from most.

This post was edited by jfrombaugh at September 9, 2018 8:09 AM PDT