• 52 posts
    April 10, 2018 4:15 PM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

nscheffel said:

LeonSanborn said:

nscheffel said:

Wow, talk about a shameless cash grab.

Very disappointing.

You may call it a "Shameless Cash Grab" others see it as another opportunity to experience and help with Pre-Alpha.  The price point is to weed out the unhelpful players that wish to troll and not really help. 
    The value of the pledge also varies from person to person. You may see it as a shameless cash grab and think its not worth it. WELL newsflash buddy everyone values things differently, maybe they want the Pre-alpha access to help, maybe they just want the items and titles, but who are you to shame the company and players?

Guess what buddy, I am a paying customer who is well within his rights to express my opinion on any matter I see fit.

Who are you to scold me? Are you married to Brad or something? Or just another rabid fanboi with blind loyalty?

Hello no. You're not a paying customer but a paying pledger.

Exactly. None of us are "paying customers". I pledged over 300 Canadian pesos for Champion tier (Alpha testing and beyond! :P ) and am quite content to wait until the end of 2018.. or later .. to begin helping the testing phase. If it were in my budget I'd happily upgrade to VIP but I am thankful the team has over 800 pre-alpha testers galavanting around Terminus.    <3

This post was edited by Heloisa at April 10, 2018 4:16 PM PDT
    • 64 posts
    April 11, 2018 2:30 PM PDT

LOL, I wonder...

How many people in this thread realize they are pulling lines directly from the "Fanboi Handbook" when they respond?

• 363 posts
    April 11, 2018 2:35 PM PDT

nscheffel said:

LOL, I wonder...

How many people in this thread realize they are pulling lines directly from the "Fanboi Handbook" when they respond?

And how many are pulling lines from the "Haters Group" when they respond? Look, the fact of the matter is, no one is a paying customer until the game releases. After that, fire your cannons. Until then, you are merely one of thousands backing this game.

• 1479 posts
    April 11, 2018 3:21 PM PDT

When you have to start your sentence with "LOL" you know you're not going to get far.

It's so bad that so many people need to take the anti hype train just to feel like their opinion matter more. You don't have to favor the rebel and framing route to exist, you know.

• 287 posts
    April 11, 2018 4:18 PM PDT
    Where did the 800 pre alpha testers number come from. I thought the number was less than 400. If 800, that's great news.
    • 2752 posts
    April 11, 2018 4:48 PM PDT

bryanleo9 said: Where did the 800 pre alpha testers number come from. I thought the number was less than 400. If 800, that's great news.

I believe it came from here: https://www.mmorpg.com/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/previews/pax-east-2018-hands-on-with-pantheon-1000012618

• 287 posts
    April 11, 2018 5:16 PM PDT
    ^ thanks for that link.
    • 116 posts
    April 12, 2018 3:59 PM PDT

Anistosoles said:

Taken from the VoT write-up on Pax East:

Brad announced planned timeframes for Alpha & Beta, should they be ready!

Alpha - End 2018

Beta - 2019

Edit: So, no, not really a cash grab if pre-alpha will last until the end of the year.

How disappointing.  I was thinking Alpha would be starting June'ish.  But I suppose after as many MMO's as I have played and beta'ed I should be well use to the many many delays and pushes of launch dates.  All par for the course.

I had actually taken a leave of absence from the forums because the anticipation was starting to grind, but came back because I thought we were closer.  Guess I need to go play P99 or EQ1 progression server for a few more months to keep my mind off things.  The game does look better with every stream though.  The lighting pass really made a big difference in the graphics.

This post was edited by Mornroc at April 12, 2018 4:01 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    April 14, 2018 9:41 AM PDT

Try to remember that this is old school TESTING..not an advance peek,  early access,  and not like the so-called "pre alpha" that Rift put out where everything was perfect and ready to go.  Their pre alpha was actually beta phase,  market ready.

Its a ploy that developpers have been using for awhile now to get sales.     So if you are a pledger and get into testing,  that means you have bug reports to fill out, plus any feedback on what you have discovered works or doesn't work...get to know the other testers..and don't be afraid to ask questions.  :)

• 3016 posts
    April 14, 2018 9:50 AM PDT

nscheffel said:

LOL, I wonder...

Try to remember that many people who have pledged have had a reason to do so.   Yes I am a fan..have been since the early start..Kickstarter, and then joined the forums in 2014.   I have an iron in this fire.  I want to see this game world succeed.   Therefore moral support is part of that.  Excitement about Pantheon is part of that.  My pledge in 2014 is part of that.     Sometimes folks seem to take joy in trying to bring the whole experience down for others.     I am not one of those.  :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    April 14, 2018 9:51 AM PDT

bryanleo9 said: Where did the 800 pre alpha testers number come from. I thought the number was less than 400. If 800, that's great news.

Yes it is very good news,  we've been trying to guestimate for some time now.  hehehe

• 947 posts
    April 16, 2018 6:10 AM PDT

I pledged as a Knight a few years ago with the understanding that the money is essentially a donation at this point in the game's developement while looking forward to my Alpha access.  The thing I "personally" can't justify is "paying" that amount to do pre-alpha "work" (anyone who has done real game testing knows that it is not "playing" (I was a tester for Sony and it is an actual job that pays decent because it's "work" when done correctly)).  I instead invested a little more money into a new rig in preperation for this game that I can use for many other things in the interim of Alpha.  With that said, I completely understand how some people are not only willing, but excited to financially support this game and say that they helped in its early stages of development.  Its a good feeling to have your name in a game's credits.  So I can see both sides of the arguments.

• 31 posts
    April 18, 2018 8:25 PM PDT

I'm ready to drop the 1.1k extra on top of my initial pledge to not only get access to pre-alpha testing but to contribute to a game I want to play...again. 

• 7 posts
    April 20, 2018 5:29 PM PDT

Artois said:

The Sunhunter pledge is currently not available for purchase but will be back after the PAX Special ends. All of the current Sunhunter pledges will receive Pre alpha access. If you would like to upgrade from an existing pledge to the PAX Special, we can assist you if you open a support ticket. 

Just to confirm though.  The Sunhunter pledge may not be avalible,  but the "upgrade" to it is.  So if I purchace the upgrade from my current lever to the Sunhunter level, I get the pre-alpha?

• 752 posts
    April 20, 2018 7:40 PM PDT
    Cash grab. That made me lol irl.
    • 3016 posts
    April 25, 2018 11:37 AM PDT

kreed99 said: Cash grab. That made me lol irl.

The thing is..our pledges help to push this game forward.   This is an independent team...no big brother (Sony or Blizzard or Activision) looking over their shoulders telling them how it will be due to shareholders and bean counters.     Therefore the pledges are what will bring this game to release along with the VERY important hard work of all the VR team members. :)   Been here since the start, not about to vacate the premises any time soon...when there is so much advancement now. :)   A game built for gamers by gamers. :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at April 25, 2018 11:40 AM PDT
    • 217 posts
    April 26, 2018 1:24 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

The thing is..our pledges help to push this game forward.   This is an independent team...no big brother (Sony or Blizzard or Activision) looking over their shoulders telling them how it will be due to shareholders and bean counters.     Therefore the pledges are what will bring this game to release along with the VERY important hard work of all the VR team members. :)   Been here since the start, not about to vacate the premises any time soon...when there is so much advancement now. :)   A game built for gamers by gamers. :)

Cana

INDEED!

And TOTALLY AGREED!

some people these days, I swear... they all want it NOW and they want it ALL.

• 399 posts
    April 26, 2018 7:48 AM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Cana

That says it all.

An activity engaged in with the intention of making money quickly. The money generated by a cash grab. A game in which players attempt to grab as much money as possible.

See... the point of a cash grab really is on MAKING money....  Those of us who aren't as cynical as others understand that at this stage of the game, no one is making money.  Any monies that are generated from pledges (emphasis on PLEDGES) are used for the development of the game.  Some people may get some sort of a salary (read stipend) but I really think that there are several people working for next to nothing to see this game come to fruition. 

Once the game comes out it's a different story of course....  I think that I am among many who know that for once there's a company who won't release before it's  ready... 

• 9 posts
    April 26, 2018 11:33 AM PDT

I just made it official and upgraded my pledge to Sunhunter! Can't wait to pitch in and help make PRoTF all it can be.

I struggled with whether or not to spend the cash, but then I looked at things from a different perspective:

• How long did I play EQ (8 years non-stop)
    • How long have I been waiting for a truly social and community-focused MMO experience (basically since 2007)
    • How many games have I bought over the years that ended up getting shelved after 1 or 2 weeks (A LOT. WAAAAY over $1k worth)
    • How many opportunities will I have to directly influence/improve/evaluate a game like this from an indy developer who's not beholden to chasing cash instead of building the game THEY want to play (probably few, if any, in my lifetime)

So there you have it. Those are the reasons I took the plunge, and I have absolutely ZERO regrets.

• 62 posts
    April 26, 2018 6:00 PM PDT

Thank you for your post StromVillain - I too have struggled with this decision as well (with currency conversion its over 1500 for me)

With all the PESTA POWA that this forum generates and the many wonderful podcasts, I too have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to sunhunter (sunhunger?) ...

LOL, see you there!

• 3016 posts
    April 28, 2018 10:32 AM PDT

And...Hail and Welcome to all new Pledgers..I'm glad you have joined the Pantheon family/community...see you ingame! :)

• 399 posts
    April 28, 2018 11:23 AM PDT

This:  the opportunity to directly influence/improve a game...

• 1281 posts
    April 28, 2018 8:24 PM PDT

Oukbok said:

Without any information on how long Pre-Alpha is going to last, this is pretty much and unclear if it would be worth it.

At the PAX East panel, Brad said "should be in Alpha towards the end of the year, Beta next year".

https://youtu.be/3bMjXtmudS8?t=7m20s

This post was edited by bigdogchris at April 28, 2018 8:28 PM PDT
    • 3 posts
    April 29, 2018 5:41 AM PDT
    So if i upgrade To sunhunter i have pre alpha accèss ? Because i cant upgrade To pax pledge
    • 76 posts
    April 29, 2018 7:14 AM PDT

Nirgal said: So if i upgrade To sunhunter i have pre alpha accèss ? Because i cant upgrade To pax pledge

more or less yes i beilive so.