Forums » News and Announcements

Did someone say, Pantheon stream?

• 2756 posts
    March 18, 2018 4:19 PM PDT

Watched half live and the other just now. It's looking good guys! Really stoked to help out in Alpha!

As Cohh said, the combat pace and difficulty is looking promising.

The interface is looking good, though I'm not a big fan of the in-your-face nameplates.

Some intriguing comments about having to search out your abilities as you level...

I'll watch it again tomorrow and looking forward to Jim Lee ;)

• 287 posts
    March 18, 2018 7:39 PM PDT

Great stream VR!  I really liked how the enchanter could cast a nuke which gave others in the group Mana.  The choice between doing that and mezzing will be interesting game play.

This post was edited by bryanleo9 at March 18, 2018 7:40 PM PDT
    • 65 posts
    March 18, 2018 9:34 PM PDT

Yea great stream the game is looking awesome!  As far as the enchanter giving the group mana with nukes....not sure I'm too keen on the idea.  Joppa: "Sorry guys I'm out of mana. Need ya nuking Zoeii." Zoeii: "Yea sorry I was trying to mezz but people kept breaking them".  Think the enchanter should be relied upon to be mezzing, not nuking in a fight just like Zoeii was trying to do. The enchanter shouldn't have to worry about the cleric's mana and nuking on top of trying to mez the adds, but I'll have to test it out in alpha to get a more accurate feel for it I guess :)

• 1479 posts
    March 19, 2018 1:34 AM PDT

Daloskar said:

Yea great stream the game is looking awesome!  As far as the enchanter giving the group mana with nukes....not sure I'm too keen on the idea.  Joppa: "Sorry guys I'm out of mana. Need ya nuking Zoeii." Zoeii: "Yea sorry I was trying to mezz but people kept breaking them".  Think the enchanter should be relied upon to be mezzing, not nuking in a fight just like Zoeii was trying to do. The enchanter shouldn't have to worry about the cleric's mana and nuking on top of trying to mez the adds, but I'll have to test it out in alpha to get a more accurate feel for it I guess :)

Yeah I fear it will favor DPS burndown comp instead of controls, but let's see how it flourish !

• 120 posts
    March 19, 2018 8:20 AM PDT

Everything is really coming along! I loved that at level 14, they still didn't really have AoE nukes or control. I love the slower progression.

The UI is looking wonderful. I love the class icons added to the party interface. I love the little compass that tells you where each party member is (though that's been in for a few streams!) I do hope that the UI elements are movable, however. I know I would personally want my target interface to be near the top of the screen, not just above the skill bars!

I love the way the skill bar is looking, with the auto attack there for you automatically. I personally think the 12 skills is perfect! Enough that you're likely to have different skills than others of the same class in the same situations, but few enough that you're going to have to strategize and think about what you're getting into. I do think that a vertical bar on the right side with non-skill things would be okay. That could be for the clickies, food, potions, mount summon, things like that that we would tend to use out of combat.

My only real complaint at this point was simply the animations. I saw Cohh using about four different skills on a regular basis, though I couldn't quite catch the names of them. However, besides the auto attack animation, the only difference I saw was the kick. I know that animations are one of the final things to be worked on, because they ultimately are just a polish thing, so this is just me giving some feedback! Even though at least one of the other abilities Cohh was using was a buff, it would still be nice to have some sort of visual attached to it, just to break up the auto attack animation a bit. Secondarily, the rogue had two stabbers, but only auto attacked with the right hand. I'm sure I'm not saying anything that isn't already known, but I do think it would look a lot less stiff if both arms were used. Every other attack could be with the other weapon, with some minutely variable slashes thrown in for some interest. This is especially important because combat is a bit slower (which is fine!!). A lot of time could be spent auto attacking, so make it more interesting. :)

Some people had mentioned not being optimistic about Chanters being a mana battery, but I think that's okay. For fights that don't require tons of CC, give Chanters the ability to enhance the DPS of others. I think it's good that they aren't trapped into only ever bouncing debuffs on all the targets. It makes it a choice: Is it better to burn down this mob, or does it need to be controlled? If balanced properly, I think it will simply offer flexibility to Enchanters and group composition in general.

This post was edited by Temmi at March 19, 2018 8:22 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    March 19, 2018 8:34 AM PDT

I liked the spell effects form the NPC's as well as casters. The web netting down the PC's on the spider boss was neat. I am wondering if that root graphic can be changed per Monster or element, so like vines if a treant, or rocks if a something else.

It looked like cohh was breaking all of zoeii's mezzes *glare* maybe there was an AE rogue thing that he wasn't aware of. I bet kilsin didnt tell him on purpose- lol!.

The "orb of mezz" might look better covering the whole NPC's head like a spacesuit helmet. If Aradune cant see that just...just...throw him a heal occasionally if you need to buy some time. 

The lighting was great, I liked how the ambient lighting interacted with the PC's torches. The combat pacing was good, I felt exhausted after they turned the corner with all thsoe spectres and got that area down. at the same time I like the fact that they need to push onward to keep ahead of the spawns.

Although they didnt point it out, it looked to me like that a naked Cohh got buffed by a naked Beowolf on one of the times cohh died and was at the start. That was nice to see. Seeing - people- in the dungeon was nice. I hope there are not adventurer merchant NPCs in dungeons, I kind of like the provisioning aspect in that you are in town, safe and you need to prepare to get to the place. although they did say this was close to the human settlement.

The earring drop was way OP, for that level- LOL.

I also really liked the idea that this dungeon spanned - 10 levels? is I am not mistaken? I hope that means that there would be varying levels heading down and that there is plenty of room at the bottom. But by that time there would be other areas to explore or other masters/trainers to meet. 

• 1479 posts
    March 19, 2018 9:37 AM PDT

My only real complaint at this point was simply the animations. I saw Cohh using about four different skills on a regular basis, though I couldn't quite catch the names of them. However, besides the auto attack animation, the only difference I saw was the kick. I know that animations are one of the final things to be worked on, because they ultimately are just a polish thing, so this is just me giving some feedback!

Partially untrue, Waylay had a specific animation swing even in this unfinished state.

• 14 posts
    March 19, 2018 9:58 AM PDT

Manouk said:

The "orb of mezz" might look better covering the whole NPC's head like a spacesuit helmet. If Aradune cant see that just...just...throw him a heal occasionally if you need to buy some time. 

I thought the same thing when I was watching it. Very excited to have seen the enchanter in play. It increased my hype exponentially. Alpha cannot come soon enough for me. Although with Alpha the pain might get worse. Here play a bit. Server down. Bust out notes and send feedback/bug reports. Wait with teeth clenched and pace the floor waiting for the servers to come back up. Rinse repeat. Happy. Sad. Happy. Sad.

:)

• 2752 posts
    March 19, 2018 10:51 AM PDT

I think the mez effect would look better if it were more like this spell from EQ: https://youtu.be/80kN9wO3DsM?t=3m7s

If it were just the part around the eyes/head and toned down in size by 60% or so. 

• 839 posts
    March 22, 2018 6:02 PM PDT
    @Iksar yeah, and it will make more sense when/if they make the mob slump a bit in a bit of a hypnotised looking state. Loving the way it played on this stream at such an early stage... Can't wait