Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If The Choice Was Yours?

• 1860 posts
    February 19, 2018 12:14 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

I'm interested in playing on a special ruleset server that does not have voice chat enabled.

I would play on a server like this but I'm unsure if it would be popular enough to support a community?  Doubtful.

• 3016 posts
    February 19, 2018 12:14 PM PST

Gomok said:

I personally on a rule set server would like to see a naming rule set put in place, (Especially on the RP servers). I know this one can be enforced, just like you guys did in Vanguard.

Had to add max value set prices on items put on the market place, nothing like seeing things on auction house for a gabillion platinum.

I would like to see this specifically on a roleplay server..no XxxxHealerXXXx...type names,  always wondered why someone would need to announce they are a healer or whatever class when they are obviously playing a class that is healer, enchanter or what have you.     No "I kill joo" or "I eat you face"  names either...unless of course its a pvp ruleset server then whatever happens happens.  No mysognistic names, no racist names and so on.

Cana

• 134 posts
    February 19, 2018 12:54 PM PST

I'm highly interested in a Roleplaying server. I know there will likely be one, so thats what I want.

To expand a little

- Each race has their own language and you have to learn the others to understand them correctly.

- Players are expected to act in character at all times unless in OOC chat.

• 557 posts
    February 19, 2018 12:54 PM PST

I'll add my voice to the people asking for.

* RP enhanced features

* Enforced naming conventions

* Zero tolerance for boxing

I'd like to see a special ruleset server to which you banish anti-social guilds and users.  This server would have no CS staff input and essentially be just jungle rules.   It would be a great place to put overly aggressive and anti-social types who want to just ruin other people's day or dominate a server at the expense of the general population.   You don't have to ban accounts, just put those users together with other like-minded individuals.

• 1281 posts
    February 19, 2018 1:14 PM PST

philo said:

bigdogchris said:

I'm interested in playing on a special ruleset server that does not have voice chat enabled.

I would play on a server like this but I'm unsure if it would be popular enough to support a community?  Doubtful.

Even if 10% of the population do not want voice chat, that will be enough for a non-VC server. I have a feeling it's more than 10%.

• 120 posts
    February 19, 2018 1:22 PM PST

Celandor said:

I'd like to see a special ruleset server to which you banish anti-social guilds and users.  This server would have no CS staff input and essentially be just jungle rules.   It would be a great place to put overly aggressive and anti-social types who want to just ruin other people's day or dominate a server at the expense of the general population.   You don't have to ban accounts, just put those users together with other like-minded individuals.

Ha! This is a great idea! Better yet, banish them to the hardcore PvP server until they learn some manners. Want to be toxic? Enjoy getting camped noob.

• 3237 posts
    February 19, 2018 1:37 PM PST

I see a lot of people who are interested in anti-boxing measures.  It's possible to make boxing less than ideal without creating a special ruleset and it's something I really hope VR delivers on with ALL servers.  The combat should be so intense, with so many different things going on and so many situations to counter that boxing would be really ineffective.  I have seen this pulled off successfully in another oldschool MMO with slow paced combat so it's definitely possible.

This post was edited by oneADseven at February 19, 2018 1:38 PM PST
    • 1860 posts
    February 19, 2018 1:44 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

I have a feeling it's more than 10%.

I'm unsure.  I don't think there will even be 10% of the population who have played an mmo without using some sort of voice chat to some extent (integrated or external).  It is very possible that number is much lower.

This post was edited by philo at February 19, 2018 1:45 PM PST
    • 258 posts
    February 19, 2018 1:57 PM PST

No class / race restrictions.
    Upon death, all the money your character is carrying is lost. (Money sink, adds sting to death)
    No AH.
    No fast travel outside of class teleports / gate.
    Cities charge taxes based on faction. Lower faction = higher tax. Max faction = no tax. (Money sink, makes faction even more important)

• 2756 posts
    February 19, 2018 4:04 PM PST

Seriously nothing 'special'.  I'm expecting the game to be as special as I need.

I guess, since you're asking, RP PvE, though that's hardly exotic.

RP: Not because I'm a hardcore role-player, but because it tends to encourage staying in character and less 'silliness'.

PvE: Because I would like the huge overriding balance effort to be for PvE, not PvP.  Also, PvP is always ganking and griefing in public areas and strange sub-meta-games in 'Arenas'.  Not really interested, so I'd like it kept separate.

Actually, BigDogChris makes an interesting point.  I kinda don't want voice chat either.  If it's some kind of group in-game 'default' then people who really don't want to hear that all those exotic interesting races they are grouped with are actually big, nerdy, hairy human blokes (or whatever) IRL are out of luck, because it would perhaps become 'def facto'.  With IRL friends and maybe raid leaders I would use Discord or some such.

• 264 posts
    February 19, 2018 4:33 PM PST

A server where all Armour , Weapons, Jewelry, Spells, Food, and Potions must be crafted by players.  Finished products dropping off of anything would be exceedingly rare and of Artifact Quality. At level 50 an average person would have looted about 5 Artifacts along the way. Any other drops would be crafting resources, money, quest items, or vendor trash. Quests reward money, and a little EXP.

Very basic low stat things and some crafting supplies are sold in town at vendors and that is it. The economy and style of play would be interesting. Make Friends, depend on and help others would be a huge part of advancing.

All Resources can be gathered by anybody with the success rate depending on Gathering EXP.

All races would be able to make special cultural versions of crafted items with certain stats that anybody can wear. ( those Barbarian Cloaks are awsome against Cold )

No Auction house anywhere.

Local languages only, and those must be learned to understand each other of different races.

All faction between Cities start off as indifferent for a new player so your actions will have an impact very soon in your life.

This is a PVE Server with strict western fantasy naming regulations.

• 1785 posts
    February 19, 2018 4:48 PM PST

There are some interesting ideas here.

Here are my thoughts:

Base Game (all servers)

- Regional marketplaces (consignment based, with limits on # of active consignments)

- Anti-automation (heavy limits on macros, things that can be used for boxing or botting, etc)

- Reasonable name filters (keep out the worst ones)

- Racial/cultural languages (with common tongue)

Roleplay servers

- Stronger name filter (no dictionary words is a start)

- No common tongue

- Restrictions on trading items between characters on same account (no shared banks, etc) - with possible exception for passing "heirlooms" to progeny.

PvP servers

- FFA PvP with neutral/peace-enforced areas to allow for trading, etc.

• 17 posts
    February 19, 2018 5:13 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

I have a feeling it's more than 10%.

My two best rp friends and I are not voice chat players..

• 1095 posts
    February 19, 2018 5:15 PM PST

pvp lvl 6+ and up. Race based, past level 6 any level can kill you given different race.

People in the same guild cant hurt each other, no barrier to races joining a guild.

no play nice policies

negative 50% xp gain

top pvp killers have a bounty

killing players gives xp

player character will never leave the game but stay in the game in a camping/sleeping state and can be killed. (better logout in a city or somewhere safe)

after 1000 deaths by player kills the character is auto progeny.

cash shop for xp potions

no no-drop items

item loot tokens

progency level restricted items

This post was edited by Aich at February 19, 2018 6:00 PM PST
    • 207 posts
    February 19, 2018 7:22 PM PST

This may sound weird...but some sort of limited lifespan for a character....meaning after a predetermined time a character will eventually pass on to the next world(would have to restart your character) Couple that with quest that could ppotentialy increase ones life expectancy with diminishing returns(no one can prolong the reaper for ever) and the progency system, could generate a perpetual world. Have to come up with a system for a character to inherit their ancestors gear lmao!

Just a dream lol

• 88 posts
    February 19, 2018 9:47 PM PST

Honestly?

I don't really have a preferred ruleset. I avoid Roleplay servers because I don't have the energy to commit to it myself. That and they tend to be overzealous with naming policies.
    I love PVP as I was an avid fan of Dark Age of Camelot. But a game like Pantheon isn't designed around that, and I'm not going to commit to a PVP server when I know I won't get an equivalent experience.

I just want to play the game and be myself.

• 28 posts
    February 19, 2018 9:52 PM PST

Not sure if i should post this here or in the pantheon fan creation but i made a youtube video on the subject.

here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upByHSMIfcw

• 70 posts
    February 20, 2018 12:29 AM PST

I would enjoy playing on a server where the vast majority of items were not tradable and you had to find a way to acquire most everything you needed on your own or with your friends/group/guild.

This post was edited by torveld at February 20, 2018 12:30 AM PST
    • 1479 posts
    February 20, 2018 2:01 AM PST

Roleplay server. Whatever the rules are, if they happen to favor roleplay I opt in.

• 801 posts
    February 20, 2018 3:00 AM PST

No Multi guilds, standard hardcore server, lets play old EQ style game play.

• 178 posts
    February 20, 2018 3:32 AM PST

I think this question was already asked

but since were on it again, then:

MY RULESERVER:

a- no PVP at all. no battlegrounds not even duels. (to avoid useless class balancing and whining).

b- no fast travel that is not provided by other players ( mage teleport is fine but no "gate"  between cities etc)

c - nothing new is sold by vendors, everything is crafted by players or dropped by mobs.

d- the vendors are brokers, what you sell to vendor is what exist in its inventory until weekly server reset.  vendors do not accept garbage (animal entrails etc) just gear and usefull materials.

e- no instanced guildhalls and player housing.

• 3852 posts
    February 20, 2018 7:03 AM PST

I would love not having any form of voice chat but since so many guilds use their own voice chat server these days I am not sure how much difference not having a game-based voice chat would make.

• 44 posts
    February 20, 2018 7:50 AM PST
    I think the mmo world has become so lazy with fast travel and all of the instant gratification mechanisms. Your old school feel, new school engineered MMORPG model is the best special rule set model I can think of. I’ll be able to get a better feel for attacking this question after I get into alpha. I’m a big fan of the under dog. I think a dwarf only server might be fun. Any race for that matter would work. That race could be at war with all other races. You wouldn’t have to change much more than faction settings. A few quests would need to be modified or added. You could actually raid other races. It might be fun.
    • 947 posts
    February 20, 2018 7:59 AM PST

Chogar said:

PvP:

Faction based teams

Limited looting (Coins & 1 item not worn)

This ^

Faction based gets rid of a lot of people's negative perspective of pvp garnered from FFA gameplay.  Being able to trust someone goes a long way on a pvp server.  (You may not like your sibling, but if they needed you to save their butt you probably wouldn't run and leave them to die, or stab them in the back).  I've had terrbile experiences on FFA pvp servers where people you would group with would turn and kill you once the exp sessions was over and take all of your money... totally within the rules, but terrible game etiquette that ultimately killed the server population. 

Fairness or balance doesn't necessarily need to be a focus, but perhaps factions that consisted of something like:

Faction 1:
       Archai, Dwarf, Elf, Halfling

Faction 2:
       Ogre, Skar, Dark Myr, Gnome

Humans decide which faction to join during character creation.  (This would likely lead to Thronefast and its surrounding areas being the hotest area for Pvp... or perhaps the players of the server could declare it as a city of armistice for the purpose of trade.  This would also add a level of strategy in group pvp if you couldn't tell which humans were on your side or not.)

----OR----

Faction 1: (No Paladin or Ranger access)
       Dark Myr
       Skar
       Ogre

Faction 2: (No Dire Lord or Ranger access)
       Archai
       Dwarf
       Gnome

Faction 3: (Likely the most popular team due to the strength at end game pvE of being able to utilize all classes)
       Human
       Elf
       Halfling

• 11 posts
    February 20, 2018 9:57 AM PST

I like the idea of a free trial server.  If you plan on having a free trial subscriptions, please keep them off the main servers. These trial accounts are abused to no end and I hate the spam from people/bots advertising their free gold websites.  Restrict it to level 10 or so and if someone wants to subscribe, then let them transfer their character over to a server of their choice.

I also like the strict RP server with language barriers. I don't think we need to be able to PvP against members of other factions or restrict grouping, but you'll need to work at their language to be able to communicate with them.  Good and Evil factions could have a common language between them, which would make sense in a lore perspective sense allies tend to communicate with each other more, while only a subset of people would actual communicate with enemies (emissaries, negotiaters, spies, etc.).