Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How long to get a group?

• 116 posts
    February 21, 2018 1:22 PM PST

DakmorKavu said:

Sorry but any tool for instant portal to payer feature in group making is unappealing to me. I'm fine with days to speed up travel (landscape portals would be one option. Enough to get to general areas, not every location ever) or player summoned portals both work. Any tool that facilitates instant travel when making a group would render world exploration or travel nearly meaningless imo.

Have people already discounted any viable ways to form groups via messaging or chat? It sure seems like this became a "how to make a good LFG panel" discussion rather than "what are the multiple ways to make a group?" and discussing the merits or implementations of each.

Just to clarify when I referred to 'Call of Hero' I was referring specifically to spells only useable by specific classes and at higher character levels and only within zone.  I definately would not support the WoW warlock version of this that lets you bring players from anywhere.  In short, I definately agree that instant travel kills exploration.

• 1714 posts
    February 21, 2018 1:50 PM PST

bryanleo9 said:

DPS will be a dime a dozen as they are in all the MMO's I have played and I can see them having long wait times for groups.  

That's sure as heck not how it was in EQ. 

They did a great job balancing the game with  secondary healers, secondary tanks, support classes, etc. DPS classes came in different shapes and sizes and filled different roles at different times. They also had classes with althernative roles like Necros pumping mana and also having a pet that could (depending) off tank. Rogue, monk, mage and ranger were really the only true "dps" classes, maybe warrior. Wizards obviously owned raiding, especially when lures were important and later when flowing thought was, well, flowing. 

I think the above will be key to finding groups. Warriors and monks could tank and dps, rangers and rogues could utility and DPS, paladins and SKs could utility and tank, wizards had situational DPS and utility, mages just smashed, necros were all over the place, same with druids and shamans and enchanters. Having a balance between interdependency while also allowing multiple classes to fill required roles will be paramount. You did NOT need a warrior, cleric, enchanter, shaman, rogue, whatever group in EQ to tear things up. You could have monk monk monk druid bard paladin and have a ton of fun. As long as that's still possible, I think we'll be all good. 

This post was edited by Keno Monster at February 21, 2018 1:57 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    February 25, 2018 2:42 PM PST
    That was not my experience on the EQ 1 server I spent a long time on. Capable healers we're extremely rare. I am talking about clerics. Druids and shaman could heal at times under certain circumstances and levels....but overall the capable healers we're in short supply and got groups instantly.

The dps classes were everywhere. And because of this they had to wait for groups the longest. Your server may have been different. But I encourage all the play healers, and I hope VR makes all the healing classes capable at all levels.