Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How Long Do You Take?

• 57 posts
    February 27, 2018 1:04 PM PST

Someone said:

in two hours I would do Soloing or crafting or trading.

I wouldn't dare waste other people's time if I only have a 2 hr window.

This thread pretty much has anything I can add already here.  

slower is better, exp/progress wise.  If I ding twice in an hour, something is wrong.  

You got the deets, make the right call Devs.

• 696 posts
    February 27, 2018 2:18 PM PST

Probably find a group then log off because I play unwanted classes and takes me forever to get a group usually.

• 15 posts
    February 28, 2018 3:55 PM PST

My expectation from a 2hr time play time would be to accomplish some sort of progress doing one of the following items, with a free choice between them:

• XP towards my next level with a group or solo. Doesn’t have to be a full level by any means.
    • Crafting
    • Exploring
    • Questing

The problem I see primarily is group XP during short play sessions. The first response to this post from Ruar, gave good examples. EQ took too long for 2 hours, and WoW was the opposite end of the spectrum, so a balance needs to be struck between the two. We’ve already had people specifically state in this thread that if they only had 2 hours of play time they wouldn’t waste a group’s time. So that means they’ll be electing to just solo content during their 2 hour window. I, however, will be playing this game for to the social and grouping aspect and would prefer to be grouping and meeting people while I XP even if I only have 2 hours. So I would love the ability to have some group game play for the shorter play sessions. I am hoping that VR will be able to hit that balance of quality of life vs meaningful hardships as I will be one of those that will have shorter play sessions 5 days out of 7 during the week, and would love to be more than a weekend warrior in Pantheon.

This post was edited by Elemenohpe at February 28, 2018 3:57 PM PST