Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Eco - Nice crafting relaxing community game.

• 39 posts
    February 7, 2018 4:11 PM PST

I found this game on steam purely by accident If anyone is bored Eco seems a nice relaxing game of what I’ve experienced, It's in a alpha - early access state.

Will appeal to those who like minecraft however the game mechanics slightly different and is aimed at community game play.

Game overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTseRItIhVU&t=5s

Server Details

Dedicated server, backed up hourly and created server Feb 7th. 2018
    Server IP : 213.239.205.177:15616
    Password : pantheon

Feel free to join and say hello, i'll trade you some wood. :)

• 3852 posts
    February 8, 2018 8:07 AM PST

Not my type of game but thank you for the information I am definitely keeping my eyes open for a new time sink until Pantheon comes out. 

• 557 posts
    February 8, 2018 9:01 AM PST

Ditto.  I'm puddling around in LOTRO out of sheer boredom after being away from Middle Earth for several years.  I did watch a couple of Eco videos on YouTube.  The crafting system seems to have awesome breadth and depth, but the game seems to only be about the crafting.   I'd like for there to be some purpose in what I'm building.

I kicked around two games recently which both had survival/building elements.   

Subnautica is a nice single player sandbox game where you have crashed on a mostly water-covered planet.   It's quite possibly the most relaxing game I've ever played.  Exploring and adventuring underwater just feels so tranquil.  I grew up watching Jacques Cousteau, Sea Hunt and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, so getting to eventually build a cool submarine was right up my alley.

Empyrion is a single or multiplayer game where you have again crash-landed on a planet and need to build and defend a habitat until you can eventually design your own completely customizable ships to explore near space or even build a massive hyper-drive ship to travel between solar systems.

I can't see myself playing any of these long-term, but they are a nice little distraction until the alpha ball drops on Pantheon.

• 769 posts
    February 8, 2018 11:34 AM PST

Celandor said:

Ditto.  I'm puddling around in LOTRO out of sheer boredom after being away from Middle Earth for several years.  

How is LOTRO these days? I stopped playing after the Isengard expansion - can't remember which one came after it, but they turned my favorite class (warden) into something I wasn't a fan of. 

What server are you on, Celandor?